How to edit sitemap xml file

netavenue

Hello to you all,

I am trying to remove the following error found in my sitemap by webmaster tools :

This URL is a duplicate of another URL in the sitemap. Please remove it and resubmit.

My problem is that I can find the online version of my sitemap but I can't find an "editable" version, the actual file itself to be then able to remove the duplicated URL.

Thanks in advance for your help.

There is only one version of your sitemap (sitemap.xml) you will need a good text editor Notepad++ is free and easy to download.

Just Google Notepad++ and you will find it.

Using your FTP program download the sitemap.xml to your computer, right click and choose Edit with Notepad++.

Hello,

this is a problem with older versionss of PrestaShop's sitemap generator module, as it doesn't comply with Google's sitemap policy anymore.

Images located on 1 url, should be enumerated in one <url></url> and not having a different a different <url></url> tag for each image.

We have created a module for older versions of PrestaShop which complies with Google:

http://www.cartexpert.net/back-office-modules/48-google-sitemap-module-for-ps-14-with-google-s-new-image-sitemap-protocol.html

• 2 weeks later...