Hi everyone,

Server information

Prestashop version: 1.4.6.2 > friendly URL enabled >.htaccess auto generated.

Server information: Linux #1 SMP Wed Jul 20 19:47:12 MSD 2011 x86_64

Server software version: Apache/2.2.21 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.21 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635

PHP version: 5.2.17

MySQL version: 5.1.56

/public_html/tools/smarty/cache folders size is: 8.7 Gb

After cleaning up cache folder, a few days later its again increasing to 8,9,10 ... gigabyte.

Just now, cache folder keeping 9998 files. Most of the file names are the same:

blockcategories^1_1_11446_0^fe3349ea2b215f6536ca4b800bd44473c6d54bba.blockcategories.tpl.php

My Performance settings:

Force compile: No

Cache: Yes

Use cache: No

This causes cpu + memory overload problem. and refers to directly host problem.

And those 9998 files make my web site slower and slower... Deleting them everyday is not a good idea

Please help me about these cache problem. Why always increasing to gigabytes. How do I get rid of that files?

Regards

post-101194-0-09691800-1327366578_thumb.png

small-logo.png

small-logo.png

• 1 month later...

Hi Marty,

Smarty

Force compile: No

Cache: Yes

CCC (Combine, Compress and Cache)

Smart cache for CSS > Keep CSS as original

Smart cache for JavaScript > Keep JavaScript as original

Minify HTML > Keep HTML as original

Compress inline JavaScript in HTML >Keep inline JavaScript in HTML as original

High risk HTML compression >Keep W3C validation

Caching

Use cache: No

Note: If using a cache system corrects this problem, I want to use paid Memcached or APC cache.

I know that both of them fast but I need stability due to above reasons. So, can you suggest one of them memcached or apc for PS version 1.4.x or 1.5.x?

Best Regards

• 5 weeks later...

Do you have a large amount of products / categories in your shop?

there will as per my understanding of the cache system, be one cached tpl file for the block categories per unique page in the store, so if you have 3000 products, that's 3000 files, add 1000 categories, you get another 1000 files.

Hi tomerg and ruilong.

Sorry for the delayed answer. I did not try to Turning off the cache (second option in Preferences->Performance). If anyone can not find a solution then I think I have to turn of it.

In earlier versions I was encountering the same problem. Now I was trying it with the latest version.Unfortunately same thing occured.

For trial, I imported only 13 products with the same categories (28 categories with 902 sub-categories)

Tryed it a few days and a few minutes ago I checked the path again (/public_html/tools/smarty/cache) and still I saw 9998 files named blockcategories^1_1_0_103^fe3349ea2b215f6536ca4b800bd44473c6d54bba.blockcategories.tpl.php

In these .php files, all the content are the same. (I've attached the file)

I am using Hostgator - VPS / web site: http://www.orijinalotoyedekparca.com

Hostgator employee said: the size of the cache and the number of cache files generated depends on smarty configurations, all we can is setup a cron job to clear out the cache file on regular intervals so its not too big

Server information

Prestashop version: 1.4.7.3

Server information: Linux #1 SMP Wed Mar 7 15:20:22 MSK 2012 x86_64

Server software version: Apache/2.2.21 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.21 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635

PHP version: 5.2.17

MySQL version: 5.1.61-cll

blockcategories^1_1_32425_0^fe3349ea2b215f6536ca4b800bd44473c6d54bba.blockcategories.tpl.php

Hello, Mr. Tomerg, Mr. Ruilong

I found the reason. Now I need your help for solution.

Back Office / Modules / Categories block > Dynamic: .....

If I choose Dynamic: YES;

- In a few hours the /public_html/tools/smarty/cache folder up to thousands of files (blockcategories^1_1_0_103^fe3....) and increasing to gigabyte sizes.

- Categories block (left corner) have plus (+) sign and easily to expand and collapse them with +

If I choose Dynamic: NO;

- All files disappearing from the cache folder. And the folder becomes empty.

- Categories block (left corner) the plus (+) sign disappearing and all the categories expanded

In normaly I have to use it in Dynamic mode to control expanding and collapsing.

Could you please give me a direction how can I solve this.

Regards

4klrp.jpg

• 2 months later...

You can clear that cache from time to time, or turn off the cache feature in the backoffice (Preferences->performance).

Make sure force compile is not turned on.

You may see a very slight decrease in speed, but I don't think you'll even notice.

You will likely have the same issue with any category module, since that cache saves the fully compiled tpl file with all the specific variables for a given page (whereas the regular smarty cache, in /compile) saves the template, but not with the specific variables for each page.

• 5 months later...