Child products showing in parent category

Hi everyone, new here but have used these forums for help and they have been a wealth of use, so fingers crossed my first post is the same..

Im having issues where any of my products are also showing in the two parent categories they fit in..

I Have it like this

1. Main Category

2. Sub Category

3.Product page

Any products added into the product page also display at the bottom of the sub category and the main category.

Any help on how to only show the products on the page they belong to would be a huge help.

thanks

up.. there must be someone who can confirm or deny this? I realise forums are where people share knowledge for free just to help others, but im stunned that there has been no response to this?

People on here will write lines of code to help out, but not answer this question :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So no one can offer any advise or maybe check out anyone's sites this is happening to? It is happening to me too and I'm meant to be handing to the client very soon... Had NO luck with help elsewhere...

Products in JUST Mens > T Shirts are showing in Mens too.... etc etc

• 1 month later...

Same problem here. Reported it as bug: http://forge.prestas...owse/PSCFI-5950 Still waiting for a reply. I'm now going to make a fresh installation and see if it still happens.

Edit: Just made a fresh new install with the latest ps version but it still happens. Then I installed version 1.4.7 and it also happens in that version. Used the presta_new theme and original and on both themes same problems.

Edited by Frank van der Voort (see edit history)

Omg.... :wacko: How stupid do I feel now...

I was checking out the PHP files if I could find a solution when I saw in the PHP files that there is an option in the module configuration in the back office to select if products in sub categories will be shown.... It looks like this:

Show products from subcategories enabled.gif Yes disabled.gif No

Of course it was on 'yes' that's why all products where showing in the categories there were not supposed to be in. I feel quite the noob for missing that. I'm so ashamed i'm gonna lock myself up in the basement for a few days....

Edited by Frank van der Voort (see edit history)

• 4 months later...

Omg.... :wacko: How stupid do I feel now...

I was checking out the PHP files if I could find a solution when I saw in the PHP files that there is an option in the module configuration in the back office to select if products in sub categories will be shown.... It looks like this:

Show products from subcategories enabled.gif Yes disabled.gif No

Of course it was on 'yes' that's why all products where showing in the categories there were not supposed to be in. I feel quite the noob for missing that. I'm so ashamed i'm gonna lock myself up in the basement for a few days....

Where exactly did you find this option in back office?

Im using PrestaShop™ 1.5.2.0, and I can't find it.

• 2 months later...