problem with shipping zones

This is the issue:

1. Products in the Cart show the shipping cost based on the correct unit rate per pound for the specific zone, ONLY when the default country (Country Options) is located within that zone. If a country is selected (Shipping estimation) from another zone to get an estimate, the rate does not change; but keeps the same rate as the default country zone. Here is the weird part. If the default country is changed to one in another zone, the rates would change to match that zone; and no other zone rates would be available when a country is selected.

2. If the default country is set to one not listed in a zone, the shipping price is "Free!"

Could this be a bug or database issue? I have deleted zones and a list carriers previously created in order to get this shipping thing organized. Now this! Any suggestions, please? Thanks.

• 1 year later...

You might check out this post. I think there is a chance you ran into the same behavior that I did. Basically, the mapping of the country to the zone is messed up. Refer to the other post for details.

In addition, check the mapping of the state/province to the zone. The state/province mapping takes precedence over the country zone. One other area that might be causing a problem is any products that have had their carriers set manually. If the carrier doesn't cover the zone, you might get the 'Free' message.

Edited by Mitch Baker (see edit history)

• 1 month later...