(Solved) Page error 500 when activating Geolocation by IP address

Hi

There is a thread already running on this error, opened in June 2011, which has not been assisted so I presume this error is not common. Or no one has an answer.

Can anyone assist, and I am asking the programmers here if they are looking at the forums, in pointing out the criteria that enables Geolocation by IP address to work.

Is it looking at the country code or a PHP entry? Or multiple items?

This is not urgent as I am using a work around, however it would tidy up my site and help me as it grows.

Thank you all in advance.

G

Edited by JerseyG (see edit history)

• 7 months later...

Hi

I see there has been no reply on this problem. But I thought I would look at this again and I have the error message:-

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() in C:\inetpub\tools\geoip\geoipcity.inc on line 126

Can anyone throw some light on this please.

G

Edited by JerseyG (see edit history)

Hi

I see there has been no reply on this problem. But I thought I would look at this again and I have the error message:-

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() in C:\inetpub\tools\geoip\geoipcity.inc on line 126

Can anyone throw some light on this please.

G

What PHP version are you using? Make sure you have the php_mbstring extension loaded.

Edited by Bazze (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

hey all. sorry, don't mean to double post since i just posted this on the other thread but this error is killing me.

where do i find that string to uncomment it out? i only found an mbstring reference in the geoipcity.inc as you said above.

i am not a programmer, when i remove the // to activate it, should it look like this...

workaround php's broken substr, strpos, etc handling with

mbstring.func_overload and mbstring.internal_encoding

$enc = mb_internal_encoding();

mb_internal_encoding('ISO-8859-1');

i have done so but my front end still shows internal server error 500 :(

can someone please heeeeelp!!!

thanks,

jeremy...