Time Zone Settings Do Not Apply To Shop

I have been tackling this problem for a while. Tried a lot of hints and tricks, but I still couldn't find an answer. Hopefully someone can give me some tips on how to finally solve this.

Currently, my shop's on 1.4.0.17. The time zone I have verified as set to America/Los_Angeles. In the configuration table in the db, I have also confirmed it has the value of America/Los_Angeles, which also reflect the value in the timezone table.

The server's hwclock is confirmed to be on PST, and so is date(). PHP 5.3.2 is also reporting date as America/Los_Angeles. php.ini's date.timezone is also set to America/Los_Angeles.

However, the time zone setting apparently doesn't apply. Orders are being placed in UTC. Looking at the order entry dates, everything is in UTC time. Changing the time zone setting to anything takes no effect. I have also tried forcing a time zone in config.inc, to no effect either. If I change the hardware clock, the clock changes too, but that's not really a fix, since time zones do not apply.

I don't know where else I can possibly check to see if the time zone is not being applied. If there is anything else I can try, please let me know, because I'm out of ideas. Any help is much appreciated!

So far, I've found that something in prestashop's rewriting the time zone to UTC. Looks like if I force a default time zone set in certain parts of the page, the time would display differently. Besides the database, where else would it specifically default the time zone to UTC?

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hello, it seems I havethe same problem with version 1.4.8.

My php date() function return correct time for Montreal timezone and my shop is setted to America/Montreal timezone, but in my order section, all orders are added with 4 hours, which it seems to be UTC time.

Does anyone had already this problem? Thanks!

• 5 years later...