tomerg3

[Module] Localized Shipping - Set Shipping Rates By Country, State Or Zipcode (Range or Wildcard)

Optional, you can use:

All countries in a zone

One specific country.

Country + state

Country + zip

Country+ state + zip

Thankyou,

This fixed error "Shipping rates preview is not available in your area" because I had only selected 'state' and 'post code' and had not ticked country as well as per above, once I ticked 'country' the cart preview in Front office worked like a dream.

Great Module!!!

Easy to use, got it working from fresh install for first time in less than an hour. 

Perfect and highly recommended, thank you.

V1.3.1 released

* Price range is now excluding tax.
* Ability to add rates for new ranges (for existing carriers)
* Shipping preview optimization (to avoid scrollbars).
* Changed wildcard postcode matching priority (longer postcode wildcard will match first).
* Fixed config page layout issues in Firefox. 

I really like this module and am very interested in buying it. Just trying to figure out where it'll be located on my site. I see in the demo that it is a separate block in the right column, while on my site the cart is in the nav bar (or whatever it is called) and it has a drop-down window where you can see the total price and all. When I buy your module, can I keep my cart the way I have it? I mean, have the drop-down window and not a separate block. My site url is www.http://postcardfair.com in case you wanted to see my cart.

I like having it the way I already have it. But if it is not possible, I'm fine with having it as a separate block, I'll just move it to the left column.

I also looked at the back office and everything looks easy to me except one thing. I can't figure out how to set the proper taxes. Customers from my state have to pay taxes, but the tax for Texas is set as 6.25% while where I live in TX it is 8.25%. I have to charge the taxes according to where I operate from. How will this module deal with the taxes? In my Prestashop BO the taxes are set properly, only the state of Texas is set to pay the taxes, which I adjusted in Localization -> Taxes. Will this module take those settings into consideration or does it work separately? Sorry, I'm just a bit confused and want to do everything right.

The module doesn't change anything about how you site looks.

You can optionally add a shipping preview button to your cart, but you certainly do not need to.

PrestaShop handles the taxes for all carriers, a shipping module simply returns the rate, you can still assign any taxes from Shipping->Carriers.

I purchased this module today. I watched the video with the installation instructions. I clicked on "Add new module", selected the zip file and added it.

Screenshot2014-06-26at70831PM_zpsf4f4e07

The message I got says the download was successful:

Screenshot2014-06-26at70853PM_zps4a0a761

Yet the amount of modules I had before (150) has not changed. And I don't see any modules added either:

Screenshot2014-06-26at71302PM_zps2e21b26

Is there anything I'm missing?

Edited by BlueBell

You set the modules page to only display installed modules, which would hide any modules that were not yet installed :)

Try hitting the clear button and you should see all the modules.

I still need some help with installation when it comes to codes. I tried to copy the file but nothing happens, the localized shipping does not show up in my cart. Perhaps I'd doing something wrong... I did set everything up in the back office though.

I sent a request a few days ago for a one-time free help with the installation. How long does it typically take for the technical support to respond to these requests? Thanks!

We reply to all messages within 24 hours.

If you did not get an automated email after sending your message, we either didn't get your message, or our replies are going to your spam folder.

I did get an automatic message that my message was sent successfully. I used the "Contact Us" page to request the one-time free installation technical support here: https://www.presto-changeo.com/en/contact_us, and I filled in all the logins and passwords, etc. I'll do that again in a minute.

I really need help with the codes because when I tried to do it myself, the module didn't show up on my site. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, not sure. To programmers these codes look like kindergarten, I know. But for most people they are not. They are not familiar with codes and anything that goes behind the scenes of a website, they're simple people who just want to have an online shop, they're far from being programming-savvy and won't understand all these codes at first.

OK, I just sent another request for Technical Support and this is a message I got:

"Your message has been successfully sent to our team."

Hope my request goes through.

Edit: it did go through, I just received an email confirmation, just like the previous time:

"Thank you for contacting us. We have received your inquiry and our team will reply as soon as possible."

Hope you guys aren't loaded with other requests and can help me out with these codes, they drive me crazy!

Edited by BlueBell

Tomer, I wanted to thank you once more for your prompt help, I appreciate it.

Is it possible to make one country a default one? Even though I do offer international shipment, most of my customers would be from the United States, so I thought it would be nice if the US was already selected.

I have a problem again. All of a sudden the shipping estimate shows this for all countries except the US. I could see the shipping rates for any country before. I've no idea what happened.

cart_zps024871f6.png

This module is completely separate from our Canada Post module.

Both can work on the same site, and our shipping preview will display the rates for both.

V1.3.2 released

* Fix for configuration page layout (Firefox browser only)
* Fix for shipping preview fields formatting (certain themes only)
* Fix relating to zip codes when 'Required' is not selected in configuration page

Hi tomerg3,

I'll need your module for a site selling mattresses;

my client wants to use dimensional weight instead of real weight of the item, so I think it's just a matter of setting weight ranges based on dimensional weight, isn't it? (every mattress has many dimensions/price combinations)

I see from your front end demo there's the zip code field, the zone field (e.g. Italy) the State and City fields: however under State field are listed all Italian CITIES , so there's no need to have a City field for me. Furthermore it would be fine to change the "State" label with "City": how can I accomplish this?

I need to set different shipping costs based on different italian regions (e.g. Lazio, Veneto, Sicilia...) is it possible with your module?

Is the front-end responsive?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Marco

I am having so many issues with this module and I have noticed this just today! I was wondering why I was having so many abandoned carts. Today alone there are several abandoned carts in just couple of hours.  :(

When I try to estimate the shipping cost, it shows the shipping randomly, the way the module just decides. Below are the screenshots of the price settings in the module and in the carrier, as well as the estimated shipping that I got within seconds on the same item.

I cleared the cache, I reloaded the store window - nothing works. I'm losing customers and I need help ASAP!!!!!!!!!

My store is located at: www.postcardfair.com

module_zpsd08e4c0e.png

usps_zpsdb19f86c.png

799_zps55a428d9.png

299_zps9ac2e55f.png

free_zps2d7a2cd3.png

Edited by BlueBell

Hi BlueBell,

I tested your site (I live in Italy) trying to buy "Picatso set of 20" and the result is always Air Mail International 7,99...

maybe it was a temporary bug?

Strange behavior indeed...I would really appreciate tomerg3 advice here.

Thanks for testing my site, Angelistudio! That was a relief to hear that the results were consistent for you. When I tested international shipping, it also worked fine for me and was consistent. It's only the U.S. part that seemed screwed.

Edited by BlueBell

Sorry tomerg3 but your contact form is not helpful as it does not follow any thread, requiring re-entering of all the information again and again when whoever replies to the form does not properly read or address the issue at hand.

The problem I have with this mod (ongoing issue for over a week now) is as follows (see screenshots). Standard, default test cart installed just so you can see this, with only your module installed and only your SAMPLE.csv shipping data imported, nothing else changed. (as it did not work on my site I went to the trouble of installing a default test site).

The SAMPLE.csv has economy (for all states) and express shipping method for NY state, 12000 zipcode.

Cache cleared (performance), browser cache cleared.

1. Select the first default product (faded short sleeve T shirst) by adding to cart. (see 1.jpg)post-102580-0-50642100-1417375030_thumb.jpg

As can be seen a shipping rate of $7 is indicated (which actually is "my carrier" plus a $2 handling fee, not the data imported). There is no option to enter a zipcode to see what the actual rate is going to be based upon the data imported in SAMPLE.csv.

2. As would be expected the customer would click "Proceed to checkout". (see 1b.jpg)post-102580-0-80407200-1417375656_thumb.jpg

3. As can be seen (see 1c.jpg), even entering the country, zipcode and state the imported rates are not displayed at all. The only available carrier is the built in "My Carrier".

post-102580-0-02273600-1417375992_thumb.jpg

Second scenario:

1. Select the first default product (faded short sleeve T shirst) by clicking on "More". Here we are presented with an option to choose shipping rates. (see 2.jpg)

post-102580-0-75674600-1417376195_thumb.jpg

2. US, NY, 12000 is selected and Express radio button is checked. A pop-up warns you that shopping cart is empty. See 2b.jpg.

post-102580-0-69463300-1417376436_thumb.jpg

3. So the only option at this point is to add to cart, at which point we are presented with no options to choose shipping. See 2c.jpg.

post-102580-0-55404800-1417376774_thumb.jpg

I'd really like this module to work as expected.

So if you can advise what the issue might be, please reply here so others can learn from this.

Edited by jetx

The issue was related to no groups being selected for the shipping table (csv) imported into the module. Quite a laborious task as I have 57 shipping carriers which were created by this module (due to many different rates, zipcodes).

This is a feature I'd like to see included along with weight, height, depth and width values. Half of my carriers have maximum values which also had to be entered one by one (along with group access).

Just on the csv importing wth the Localized Shipping module....

That looks a really nice feature addition. Is there csv exporting too? I could see no reference on the module page to exporting the existing Localized Shipping data for editing.

Its one thing to be able to download a sample csv file and hope you get the data right when importing back in - its another to be able to download the actual "in-use" csv data, update it locally and then import back in.

It would be AMAZING to have csv exporting in the module. Without it, the importing seems kind of redundant.

Thanks and keep up the great work.

Edited by sunnyb0y

One of the biggest failings of prestashop is that you cannot export shipping data, nor from this module currently. In fact if you create new carriers to replace the existing using csv and import this you then end up not replacing the existing carriers but adding to them, so the only way to remove the old carriers is either manually one by one in BO (a presta bug prevents delete of multiple selected carriers) or though phpmyadmin (carriers table).

This mod is a lot better than trying to use the poorly designed and executed built in shipping of presta (quite shocking actually and really amazes me that any company is able to use this efficiently).

This mod I found to be the best shipping mod available for presta so far (and that is not saying much). I use this together with the "Shipping Fees based on Zipcodes" module. Although there a many annoyances (the additional fees in the CSV import do not work and require being manually entered). There is a carrier set up for every zipcode range, which means you end up with possibly hundreds of carriers (especially if you have more than one shipping method for each zipcode (express, regular for example), and this in itself is ridiculous.

Until something better comes along (hope it does), no choice but to use this module.

Edited by jetx

V1.3.3 Released

* Fixed issues with CSV import (empty state or country and an update of deleted carriers)
* Fixed an issue with backwards compatibility (PrestaShop 1.4)
* Added customer group validation to shipping preview

v1.3.4 released

* Added shipping preview customer group validation

* Sorting in shipping preview by the PS settings

* Shipping preview displays state only when needed

* Fixed small glitched when closing the shipping preview

Hi there,

I think you got a problem with your demo page. Is Australia included in the country selection? (Country, State, Zip).

Thank you

Australia was disabled, we have just enabled it in the localization page.

Alright. Now I can see Australia in back office, but the front office demo still got a problem. You might be want to check it. Cheers!

V1.3.5 released

* Fixed issues with shipping preview (in some cases it would be hidden and retain old state values)

* Fix for adding new carrier price validation (parseFloat instead of parseInt)

Dear,

Is it possible to give free shipping for a certain amount, only in my country, and disable that for other country's in this module? If yes I'll be prepared to buy.

Edited by Jamiro911