Combinations & Quantities Resets When Form Field Entries Are Saved.

I'm in the process of setting up the shop and was going smoothly until I ran into what I've decided is actually a pretty serious problem.

At the top of a product page, someone selects their product combination (in my shop combinations are used extensively) and they select their quantity.

But they also have to provide some additional information in the form fields added at the bottom of the page in product customization.

I figured out how to move that up and draw more attention to it but even if people see the customization form, I think just about 100% of customers will select their combination and quantity first before entering that information then afterwards entering their product customization information.

Which means for them, their customization and quantity is going to reset to the default after they click the "save" button. They may not realize that until they call up screaming "why did I get something other than what I ordered".

The only workaround I've found so far is to add a default combination attribute called "select ..." with a stock of "0" and changed the OoS translation to say "select an option". So it essentially removes any selection from ending up in their cart BUT not every product has a combination even though it has a customization form field. So for them, their quantity will still reset to 1 even if they meant to order more than one.

I've disabled cacheing. Does that have anything to do with it?

v 1.4.5.1

PS "new" theme.

Is there a solution?

This is just a problem in the design on customization.

There is a thread about making customization use Ajax and not reload the page here http://www.prestashop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/76874-how-to-remove-save-button-for-customized-fields/

There is also another alternative, which replaces the customization fields with attributes, so they can also have a price impact, and be displayed as text boxes, text areas, or file upload.

You can see that module at http://www.prestashop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/47363-module-attribute-wizard-pro-create-an-unlimited-number-of-attributes-and-display-as-radio-button-checkbox-dropdown-textbox-teaxtarea-files/

Attribute wizard pro looks like exactly what I needed.

I say "needed" because I've already got countless hours adding combinations and attributes and adding dupicate product listings when this would have saved the trouble of having to do that. It would have saved soooo much time.

Does the module recognize existing groups, attributes and combinations?

You can set the fields to be required, and then the user can't add to cart without entering them.

The module also comes with the option to edit items in the cart, so if someone does not enter the customization and adds to the cart, they can then click on the item in the cart and just add the customization and click "Edit".

You cannot use customization with this module.

It has it's own built in textbox / textarea which you can make mandatory, if you do that, a JS alert will let them know they must fill that field.

We have a demo for the module where you can try this out yourself :)

• 4 months later...

Guys, After playing around for hours, I have got the solution...

In themes\mlg\js\product.js

replace the complete function saveCustomization(){......} with the following...

function saveCustomization()

{

$('#quantityBackup').val($('#quantity_wanted').val());

$('body select[id^=group_]').each(function() { $('#customizationForm').attr('action', $('#customizationForm').attr('action') + '&' + this.id + '=' + parseInt(this.value)); });

$('#customizationForm').submit();

}

That's it, it will sort out the issue, and won't reset the fields.... :)

Edited by navjav (see edit history)

• 10 years later...