[Solved] Nothing Happens When You Click "add To Cart"

When you go to add an item to the cart, the shopping cart reflects the additions however absolutely nothing happens in response to clicking add to cart so the customer knows they've added something.

No popup window. No redirection to the cart summary or product page. Nothing.

It makes you want to keep clicking the button over and over again and of course that just adds more products to the cart.

What can be done about this?

That was quick!

Sorry I left out some info. It's the prestashop "new" theme. V 1.4.5.1

I added a couple of 3rd party modules but this has been happening since before I did that.

I see there is an ajax cart where the product img flies into the shopping cart. If that is a setting that I can change, can I just switch over to a basic cart. At this point I'll settle for an alert window. The shopping cart on this theme is outside of the view of the product information.

I fixed it. :D

Here's probably what happened to cause the problem:

At the very start of the config, I got rid of the right column and all the blocks that were in it. All I wanted was a cart at the top corner. So in the process of doing so, I disabled the shopping cart block module.

And here's what I just did that fixed it:

I went in to the shopping cart block module config and I switched ajax to "no".

That module is still disabled but saving that change fixed it.

Now when you add something to cart, it redirects to product summary. Sweet!

• 1 year later...

Also i must tell when you have problem like this like it was with hipay module i download cart block module from 1.4.7 and instal it on 1.5.3.1 and it work well.Module from 1.5.3.1 or any 1.5 have problem with hooks i think becouse it instal diferent hooks than 1.4.7. Regards problem solved .