[Solved]Remove "receive Special Offers From Partners"

On the registration form, how do I remove the line as mentioned above. This line is not relative to my website. Can the tpl file have that line commented out? If so, what tpl file? I'm not a coder, but can follow directions okay.

post-85835-0-26377800-1325162855_thumb.png I would like to remove the "receive special offers from partners".

Also, if possible, remove the birthday information.

Thank you for any help with this.

• Like 1

edit your themes authentication.tpl file located under /themes/<theme_name> folder.

just search for "Receive special offers from our partners" within that template file. you will find it is in there twice, remove them both.

<p class="checkbox">
<input type="checkbox" name="optin" id="optin" value="1" {if isset($smarty.post.optin) && $smarty.post.optin == '1'}checked="checked"{/if}>
<label for="optin">{l s='Receive special offers from our partners'}</label>
</p>

<p class="checkbox" >
<input type="checkbox"name="optin" id="optin" value="1" {if isset($smarty.post.optin) AND $smarty.post.optin == 1} checked="checked"{/if} />
</p>

you can delete those 2 code blocks, or comment them out by putting the blocks within {* *}, so it would look like.

{*
<p class="checkbox">
<input type="checkbox" name="optin" id="optin" value="1" {if isset($smarty.post.optin) && $smarty.post.optin == '1'}checked="checked"{/if}>
</p>
*}

• Like 6

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi and thanks for the post!

What about the fast check-out?

I have the same question, do you already know the answer. I have literally searched all .tpl files but can not find it.

Thanks in advance,

Thijs

Update: i have added a picture to make sure everybody know's which 'special offer' i meant.specialoffers.png

Edited by thijs789 (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you! It worked perfectly!

edit your themes authentication.tpl file located under /themes/<theme_name> folder.

just search for "Receive special offers from our partners" within that template file. you will find it is in there twice, remove them both.

<p class="checkbox">
</p>
<p class="checkbox" >
	<input type="checkbox"name="optin" id="optin" value="1" {if isset($smarty.post.optin) AND $smarty.post.optin == 1} checked="checked"{/if} />
</p>
you can delete those 2 code blocks, or comment them out by putting the blocks within {* *}, so it would look like.

{*
<p class="checkbox">
</p>
*}

Thank you! It worked perfectly! :)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've found this code in three different files in the default theme in prestashop 1.6.0.5, and had to remove it from each one for it to be completely gone. Just go to your theme folder and remove it from these files:

authentication.tpl
order-opc-new-account.tpl

identity.tpl

Edited by razorloves (see edit history)

• 5 months later...

I've found this code in three different files in the default theme in prestashop 1.6.0.5, and had to remove it from each one for it to be completely gone. Just go to your theme folder and remove it from these files:

authentication.tpl

order-opc-new-account.tpl

identity.tpl

I confirm it works also with the 1.6.0.9 version

Personnaly, I don not remove code but simply put it under {* code to hide *} and that works.

So modify just 3 mentionned files above on your template and that is OK.

Remind to hide or remove it twice on the authentification.tpl file...

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

in the back office - preferences/customers there is a selection for enable opt-in, disable that to remove the 'special offers from partners'.

no need to change code, but it also didnt make sense until i looked at the code that the optin field was related.

• Like 4

• 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...