Change Address Format ?

I would like to change the address format to be like we write it in the US. (not the color)

3441 NE 13th Ave.

Pompano beach, FL 33064

In the Our store page it is assembled like this

3441 NE 13th ave

33064 Pompano beach, FL

Is there an easy way to change this.

(pic deleted)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to change the address format to be like we write it in the US. (not the color)

3441 NE 13th Ave.

Pompano beach, FL 33064

In the Our store page it is assembled like this

3441 NE 13th ave

33064 Pompano beach, FL

Is there an easy way to change this.

http://www.addons-modules.com/prestashop-tips/tag/address-dissplay-format/

• 2 months later...

Thanks tdr170 for raising the question, and thank you very much millor78 for the solution. Your edits worked perfectly for me with PS 1.3.7. I think the line numbers weren't the same but I found the code that needed to be replaced. This will save me a lot of time plugging the address into label printing software.

There's one more time saving change that I would like to implement. I need to change the state to an abbreviated form instead of New York ---------> NY

The lines to do this I suppose are:

'.$addressDelivery->city.($addressDelivery->id_state ? ' '.$deliveryState->name : '').' '.$addressDelivery->postcode.'<br />

and

'.$addressInvoice->city.($addressInvoice->id_state ? ' '.$invoiceState->name : '').' '.$addressInvoice->postcode.'<br />

but I don't know what to change to. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Found the answer; change name to iso_code.

'.$addressDelivery->city.($addressDelivery->id_state ? ' '.$deliveryState->name : '').' '.$addressDelivery->postcode.'<br />

to

'.$addressDelivery->city.($addressDelivery->id_state ? ' '.$deliveryState->iso_code : '').' '.$addressDelivery->postcode.'<br />

I'm not able to change the format in "my addresses". Apparently the file to edit is addresses.tpl and the changes are in the following lines:

<li class="address_city">{$address.city}, {$address.state} {$address.postcode} </li>

<li class="address_country">{$address.country}</li>

Still it doesn't change. I cleared the smarty cache. Can someone help me with this please.

Locate the file smarty.config.inc.php and try changing the settings to below.

Also clear the smart cache by deleting the files in the cache folder, if there is a index.php in the cache folder don't delet that file.

$smarty->caching = false;

$smarty->force_compile = true;

$smarty->compile_check = false;

The only thing the coma does is display a coma in this case between the city and state. It works in other places where I was able to change the format. In addresses however it makes no difference, with or without the coma the address format is not changed from original format.

I wanted to look at mine but the format is so different it will be no help.

As a test delete the postcode part and see if the post code still shows.

If you give a link to your site I will create an account so I can see the issue and look at the code with my developer tools.

I figured it out. I have OPC (one page checkout) installed. My addresses was pulling the information from the opc-addresses.tpl file. Once I made the changes in opc-addresses.tpl the addresses format was changed. Thanks for your help.

If you're up for another challenge :) I would like to change the address format in checkout. I want to have the country selection set permanently to USA without a field or with a field that has no dropdown and can’t be edited. I only ship in the US and I have funny customers trying to put an order through to ship to other countries. I do not have any other countries available to choose from, but I want to make the country selection idiot proof.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

HI,

any one can help me on:

How can I change the position of Zip / Postal code in order page

I would like to know how can I change the position of zip/postal code in order page,

in Australia we use this format for address;

Address

Address (Line 2)

Suburb / City

State

Zip / Postal code

Country

any suggestion?

Hello,

Did you find a solution to this?

I'm using prestashop 1.56 and I have the same problem.

Thanks,

Breda

• 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 8/18/2012 at 1:01 PM, mir-aus said:

HI,

any one can help me on:

How can I change the position of Zip / Postal code in order page

I would like to know how can I change the position of zip/postal code in order page,

in Australia we use this format for address;

Address

Address (Line 2)

Suburb / City

State

Zip / Postal code

Country

any suggestion?