[Solved] Set users who start a new topic to automatic follow

PrestaHeroes USA

Question

9 answers to this question

Hi elpatron,

By default, all users are set to receive email notifications for threads where they have posted. But if anyone would like to change their personal notification preferences, they can do it easily by clicking on Edit My Profile and then selecting Notification Options.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas to you too!

-Mike

• Like 1

Hi elpatron,

Did you try what Mike suggested to you?

Did it work?

Hi Patric, sorry for long delay in answering.

Yes, I did that and it seems to work fine for me. i.e. Auto follow topics I reply to. Notification frequency: Immeditate

What I do see howevrer in the forums are a lot of the original posts that get follow up posts, but we never hear back from the original poster. I'm sure there are lots of reasons for the lack of follow up by the original poster.

Cheers!

Hi elpatron,

Without actually viewing the topics in question from your account, my guess is that you were previously unfollowed from some of those older topics, which is why you didn't get those notifications. You may have to go back to those and manually follow them just to get caught up.

Unfortunately, even though our users are set to auto-follow, that doesn't mean everyone will come back to respond, or even see the notifications.

-Mike