How shops (multistore) work?

• 3 weeks later...

and how about multi store?

Can I have one main store with links on its index to next stores, but on same domain? For example:

main store: www.domain.com

next store: www.domain.com/children

next store: www.domain.com/pets

next store: www.domain.com/clothes

and all 4 stores with 1 BO, is it possible?

• Like 1

What is the limit on how many stores can we create in Prestashop 1.5 cart before the cart start running slow..

I have 17 domains, I want to sell same products on all domains my questions are

• Should I use one prestashop installation and create 17 shops (do I need to get VPS to make sure I get speed and stability)
  • Will it create problems with SEO's if I am using same products and SEO info for all the stores?

Hello,

@Martin : of course you can ! But you will need the Apache Rewrite module for that (this module is very usual and most of host have it)

@meccabooks : you should try a bit the multistore feature, to see if you like it. You can test it with the beta :) Anyway it is always faster to have 17 shop on different instance than 17 shop on same instance, but you wont take benefit of all multistore advantage ;)

@prestamax : when you have multiple stores, you can select on which store your product will be available in the product page

Regards

I am trying th 1.5 multishop but I have the french version sorry and I will try to translate it

Activer la gestion des stocks avancée

Préférences : Produits

But at this page,

Activer la gestion des stocks avancée :

--> activate the advanced multistore

but I can't

Vous ne pouvez pas changer la valeur de cette configuration pour cette boutique

This message means you can't change this value :(

hello ,

so i'm new at this and i really need help to figure it out. I want to have 4/5 shops and be able to search these shops using a Postcode search...so that when searched, it gives a list of shops nearest to the location provided in the postcode search....please help...anyone?

Hello,

@meccabooks : you should try a bit the multistore feature, to see if you like it. You can test it with the beta :) Anyway it is always faster to have 17 shop on different instance than 17 shop on same instance, but you wont take benefit of all multistore advantage ;)

I have tried the multi store in beta.. not fully but just enough.. few questions..

1. So all domain will be in single database...
  2. if I add prodcut to one store will I be able to transfer them over to the rest of the stores..
  3. How many stores under one instance will be ideal if I am running them on VPS

I have an important question concerning multistores and store admins. I created a few products and assigned some of them to one store and others to another store. Then I created a salesman account for one particular shop. When I login to the backend with that account I can still see all the products, even the ones that are not assiged to my shop. How come? To me this doesnt make sense, It would make sense that i would only see the products assigned to my shop. Furthermore, on the common products I shouldnt see the discounts for the stores that I am not running, which i am now able to see. I am very extremely interested in the multishop feature but I would really need this to work as I mentioned, since I want to have different managers for every shop and I dont want them to see the special prices on the other shops or products that are not assigned to my shop by an "Administrator".

Please answer a.s.a.p. TIA

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Mattz,

can you explain how you created stores ? What are you two store URL ? Can you give me also the .htaccess so I can check what is wrong ? Please provide me a screenshot of the list on shop url page in back office, this would be a great help.

Regards

@Mr. Moon : yes PrestaShop 1.5 support old themes and old modules ;)

Hello Mattz,

can you explain how you created stores ? What are you two store URL ? Can you give me also the .htaccess so I can check what is wrong ? Please provide me a screenshot of the list on shop url page in back office, this would be a great help.

Regards

@Mr. Moon : yes PrestaShop 1.5 support old themes and old modules ;)

Hi,

I followed you here: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/147144-how-shops-multistore-work/page__view__findpost__p__708591

I need to check my .htaccess, migrating my testcluster to another hypervisor atm.

Here is my .htaccess:

# ~~start~~ Do not remove this comment, Prestashop will keep automatically the code outside this comment when .htaccess will be generated again

# .htaccess automaticaly generated by PrestaShop e-commerce open-source solution

# http://www.prestashop.com - http://www.prestashop.com/forums

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

RewriteEngine on

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.website.com:8081$

RewriteRule ^shop/?$ /shop/index.php [L,R]

RewriteRule ^shop/(.*) /$1 [L]

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.website.com:8081$

RewriteRule ^shop2/?$ /shop2/index.php [L,R]

RewriteRule ^shop2/(.*) /$1 [L]

RewriteRule ^api/?(.*)$ webservice/dispatcher.php?url=$1 [QSA,L]

# Images

RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9]+)\-([a-z0-9]+)(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ img/p/$1-$2$3$4.jpg [L]

RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)\-([0-9]+)(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ img/p/$1-$2$3.jpg [L]

RewriteRule ^([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ img/p/$1/$1$2$3.jpg [L]

RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ img/p/$1/$2/$1$2$3$4.jpg [L]

RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ img/p/$1/$2/$3/$1$2$3$4$5.jpg [L]

RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$1$2$3$4$5$6.jpg [L]

RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/$1$2$3$4$5$6$7.jpg [L]

RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/$6/$1$2$3$4$5$6$7$8.jpg [L]

RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/$6/$7/$1$2$3$4$5$6$7$8$9.jpg [L]

RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/$6/$7/$8/$1$2$3$4$5$6$7$8$9$10.jpg [L]

RewriteRule ^c/([0-9]+)(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-\.*]*)(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ img/c/$1$2$3.jpg [L]

RewriteRule ^c/([a-zA-Z-]+)(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ img/c/$1$2.jpg [L]

# Dispatcher

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -s [OR]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d

RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]

RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]

</IfModule>

#If rewrite mod isn't enabled

ErrorDocument 404 index.php?controller=404

# ~~end~~ Do not remove this comment, Prestashop will keep automatically the code outside this comment when .htaccess will be generated again

Hello Mattz,

if you remove the following lines of your .htaccess :

and

do you still have the infinite loop issue ?

@Rhobur : yes you can have 2 different domain for your store, for example www.justin-bieber-is-evil.com and www.the-dark-side-is-too-strong.com. PrestaShop 1.5 will only check your URL (with the var $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']), and choose the right data in database, regarding this URL.

Regards

• Like 2

Thanks, I can hardly wait for 1.5 to be out.

I am currently working to expand my business with sites tailored for German, French and Spanish customers, single language and hosted in those countries.

I think I'll postpone this until 1.5 is out, hope that will not take too long.

Thank you guys for your tremendous work!

Kind Regards,

Hello Mattz,

if you remove the following lines of your .htaccess :

and

do you still have the infinite loop issue ?

Regards

I get a "Page not Found" than.

@Mattz : so when you remove this line you have no problem anymore with and without friendly urls ?

@Ivoire : can you check that the friendly url option is activated for all shops and not only for one shop (select "toutes les boutiques" in the top list)

Yes, it's for all shops :)

Raphaël, is there something changed in SVN ?

I have downloaded and installed a new version... and it seems it works... this is what is in my .htaccess now when I enabled friendly URL's in both shops:

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^shop.com$

What happens is when I do www.shop.com/shop2 it gives a 404 and when I enter a slash after shop2 like www.shop.com/shop2/ it works.

What I also see in a default install, both shops, is that when you go to Accessoires, the friendly URL's are gone and are the default ones again. When you click to something else... you have friendly URL's again.

Raphaël, is there something changed in SVN ?

I have downloaded and installed a new version... and it seems it works... this is what is in my .htaccess now when I enabled friendly URL's in both shops:

What happens is when I do www.shop.com/shop2 it gives a 404 and when I enter a slash after shop2 like www.shop.com/shop2/ it works.

What I also see in a default install, both shops, is that when you go to Accessoires, the friendly URL's are gone and are the default ones again. When you click to something else... you have friendly URL's again.

Hey! It's true! It's works with the trailling slash :)

Raphaël, any idea for to fix this bug?

Great module,

but it seems not fully functional yet.

The problems I've got :

1) Picture Upload...(There are no pictures dublicated on my other websites)

2) Index page is missing with Friendly URL on

3) Quantity doesn't work. (let's say I choose there are 9 products in stock, it will only show it on the main website)

What is the limit on how many stores can we create in Prestashop 1.5 cart before the cart start running slow..

I have 17 domains, I want to sell same products on all domains my questions are

• Should I use one prestashop installation and create 17 shops (do I need to get VPS to make sure I get speed and stability)
  • Will it create problems with SEO's if I am using same products and SEO info for all the stores?

How many products do you have? How many languages do you plan to have per site? I would say from my own benchmarks with v1.5 there exist's the following formula PrestaShop works great (without additional effort e.g. in memory tables, sharding, horizontal scaling)

PrestaShop1.5 multisiteperformance calculation formula:

Best performance is reached when

(Number of Products) x (Number of Sites) x(Number of Languages) < 500 000

Otherwise you'd need to start with inmemory tables, replication, sharding, caching (which is always good even from the beginning) and I do like it ;)

Hello,

the 404 problem is now fixed on last SVN revision (Mattz, Ivoire), you can test it ;)

Regards

Will do!

/me was enjoying the weather in France and thought about you guys but too much todo behind my iMac too :)

MultiStore work that you have ONE Prestashop system installed on a server but you cant offer more than one online shop.

For example:

You can offer carnival clothes and your shop is called...

CARNIVALSHOP (www.carnivalshop.com)

If you have an extensive variety of carnival accessories in your shop you can make a second shop with her own theme and url for offer some products of your first shop.

CARNIVALACCESORIES (www.carnivalaccesories.com), that If you enter you can see some products of your first shop.

I don't know if I explained well, i didn't speak English too well :)

Saludos

Nope, it doesn't work.

I get an endless loop on my shop2 now.

When I set shop2 on not the mainURL it just redirects to /

This is what my rewrite rules look like when both are on Main URL:

OK, it works.

But guys, I really would suggest to make an option "Generate .htaccess file"

This also for a permission check and the robots.txt. This makes it much more easier for a lot of people I think that really don't understand the issue.

What was wrong btw with the .htacces ? Or was it the code that was not ieal for the .htaccess ?

Is it possible to shop around multiple stores and get one invoice of the mainshop ?

I'm wondering if you setup small multishops and you want to fully seperate them later on when things go heavy and you have managers per shop, so order will be seperated too.

I'm kinda thinking about how this should work.

Any ideas ?

@gazakpo : hello, I'm sorry I did not understand your problem, can you reexplain it please ?

@Mattz : hi, I don't think we need anymore a "generate htaccess", since the htaccess is generated when he need to be generated (when a shop url is created / edited, when friendly urls are activated, etc.). I don't understand your second question, with invoices :/

Regards

@Mattz : hi, I don't think we need anymore a "generate htaccess", since the htaccess is generated when he need to be generated (when a shop url is created / edited, when friendly urls are activated, etc.). I don't understand your second question, with invoices :/

When we have MultiShops, it will be that every shop has his own invoice and his own orderlist.

It might be nice when this can also be combined between all your multishops when you just seperate business or employees but need to have a central order/invoice system for all these shops.

Hello,

correct me if I'm wrong in my understanding of your question, but you can already do that with multishop, thanks to the multishop toolbar : when you select 1 particular shop in the list, you will only see the orders or invoices linked to this shop. But if you select "all shops" in the list, you will see the full list of order and invoices in BO.

Regards

Hello,

correct me if I'm wrong in my understanding of your question, but you can already do that with multishop, thanks to the multishop toolbar : when you select 1 particular shop in the list, you will only see the orders or invoices linked to this shop. But if you select "all shops" in the list, you will see the full list of order and invoices in BO.

Regards

Hi,

OK thanks, than it's nice :)

Now I need an ETA ;)

Cheers,

Matt

Hi, first off all thank for your great work, this is the first time I'm going to try prestahop and it seem a great product.

I have come to prestashop looking for a solution for multistores... but reading this post I have some questions. I have planing to implement free shops for a big association with more than 10000 business. I want each one have his own shop so I was thinking in multishop feature for easy administration, upgrades, etc... with "employers" with right permissions for each own shop but the problem I see, has I read here could be performance... and the select in the top with 10000 shop in de main shop backend could be inoperative. How can scale prestashop 1.5 with a good server architecture ?, any suggestion ? I see I can easily reach the 500000 limit read in this post.

Another solution could be duplicate each simple installation for each business with is own database... symlinks files, etc... but can be terrible for administration...

I have think another solution could be wordpress multisite with some ecommerce plugin... it could scale better... ?

I difficult task...

Thanks for your comments!

• 1 month later...

Okay that is clear but what is very confusing what do you have to do at the domain webspace?

Do you have to make a foward?

Domain.com

Full installation of multistore Prestashop

Domain.de

What do you install here??

Raphael, this question by Martin was overlooked.

Tony

Raphael, this question by Martin was overlooked.

Tony

You have to add an "addon domain" to your main hosting domain and point your "add on domain" to the same location as your main domain in this way prestashop will pick up your request and forward them to the right multishop which you have to add in prestashop.
I did this last week with my test domain www.domain1.nl and "add on domain" www.domain2.nl Edited by Martin C (see edit history)

You have to add an "addon domain" to your main hosting domain and point your "add on domain" to the same location as your main domain in this way prestashop will pick up your request and forward them to the right multishop which you have to add in prestashop.
I did this last week with my test domain www.sieradenhuys.nl and "add on domain" 

Martin Hi, when you say "point the add-on domain" , you mean

(1) adjust the Apache httpd.conf file? (I assume 'NO')
(2) adjust the .htaccess file located in the root of the sub-domain? (Also, I assume 'NO')
(3) adjust A records for the sub domain? (Also I assume 'NO')
(4) adjust the "domain name", in the definition of the sub domain shop form in the Back Office? (surely also a 'NO')
(5) a domain redirect? (likely also a 'NO')
or
(6) another form of sub domain pointing not list above?

Unfornuately, we use the phrase "point a domain at xyz" in too many different situations....

Which way did you do that for your two domains?

Thanks, Martin.

Hi

Will the product import function import one import file to each multi shop separately, or will one import file be able to import products to all multi shops using a "store" column?

Also, will pdf print print out orders for each multistore separately?

Thanks

Edited by spuhg5 (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Can somebody write step by step how to do it all operations. I managed to create 2 shops url e.g mainshop.com and

mainshop.com/shop2/

mainshop.com/shop3/

but when enter mainshop.com/shop3 or mainshop.com/shop2 404 happend. Do I have to create manually those folders via ftp if so

what should be stored in those folders???

Thanks

Hi

Can somebody write step by step how to do it all operations. I managed to create 2 shops url e.g mainshop.com and

mainshop.com/shop2/

mainshop.com/shop3/

but when enter mainshop.com/shop3 or mainshop.com/shop2 404 happend. Do I have to create manually those folders via ftp if so

what should be stored in those folders???

Thanks

Yes, same problem is occurring for me, is there a way to fix this?

Thanks

Hello guys!

I have successfully added four shops with different URLs and everything works beautifully. Then I try to add a fifth and I get a 500 server error.

Is this due to a memory problem on my server or is there a limit on how many shops you can create?

Best Regards

Henrik

I have successfully added four shops with different URLs and everything works beautifully. Then I try to add a fifth and I get a 500 server error.

How did you set up the: shop urls -> add new settings for setting up a multi-store on a subdirectory?

How did you set up the: shop urls -> add new settings for setting up a multi-store on a subdirectory?

With third level domains:

shop 1 -> shop1.mydomain.com

shop 2 -> shop2.mydomain.com

shop 3 -> shop3.mydomain.com

shop 4 -> shop4.mydomain.com

I cannot add shop5. If I delete one of the four shops/domains I created however, then I can add the new shop.

I guess I could try adding it directly in the database, but I would rather avoid it if possible.

Best Regards

Henrik

• 2 months later...

I have the next problem and I don't know how to solve It.

When I add a new shop, in "virtual url" field It says that mod_rewrite seems not to be activated in my server, but I spoke to my host server and they confirm to me that It is actived, and they tell me that I have to change the code of .htaccess reading this http://support.godaddy.com/help/article/899/how-do-i-use-modrewrite but I view in my htaccess that says the code is created automaticatly

"# ~~start~~ Do not remove this comment, Prestashop will keep automatically the code outside this comment when .htaccess will be generated again

# .htaccess automaticaly generated by PrestaShop e-commerce open-source solution"

So I don't know what to do, could someone to help me.

My store is: www.centralpedidos.com/herbalife

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hello, I am also experiencing some problems with a multi domain, multi shop setup.

Currently we are running 6 prestashop instances on one apache server with virtual hosting, SSL is being handled with an SSL certificate with a different SAN for eacht prestashop instance.

Wat needs to be done to run a multi shop setup with multiple domains on this single apache server?

Should I redirect each virtual host to the main url and do I need to do additional settings?

And for people experiencing 404 errors, please make sure the htdocs directory permissions are correct. When I received the 404 errors it was because of a "Allow override none" statement which was defined for my htdocs directory in Apache's httpd.conf file.

Defining "allow override none" causes apache to ignore any .htaccess file's so the rewrite rule created by prestashop is not applied. You could try: "Allow override any" instead of none.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have a question:

With the multistore feature, can I create several store in subdomain from a main store and then make the cart cross?

In other words, I want to sell in the subdomains and the main with one cart only.

The user can select product from any shop and make only one checkout.

Is that possible with multistore?

Thanks,

Willian

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone

I am creating a store with Prestashop. I need help: Yesterday I tried in the backoffice of my store (in Advance Paramètres-multistore) create a group of stores, each with its own language and to try to create the 1st, giving a url, I lost access to the store, I now a have a url that does not work: http://myshop.comen/page-not-found. In short: I lost accessing the url and the backoffice of PrestaShop.

As I keep going into cpanel , my question is: How can I remove this redirection and return to the backoffice and access frontoffice? Will I have to remove or change some file or rename a folder somewhere? Or I have to delete / change data in multiple files?

I tried removing the bad redirects in public_html / .htaccess, but still not working with url

someone can give me a hand?

• 1 month later...

I cannot add shop5. If I delete one of the four shops/domains I created however, then I can add the new shop.

I guess I could try adding it directly in the database, but I would rather avoid it if possible.

Best Regards

Henrik

Hello can you write step by step how do you configure the multishop and redirect to subdomains ???? thanks

• 2 months later...

Best Regards

Henrik

I have the same problem. When I try add additional shops Im getting: "internet server error 500" .....

• 5 months later...

I have an important question concerning multistores and store admins. I created a few products and assigned some of them to one store and others to another store. Then I created a salesman account for one particular shop. When I login to the backend with that account I can still see all the products, even the ones that are not assiged to my shop. How come? To me this doesnt make sense, It would make sense that i would only see the products assigned to my shop. Furthermore, on the common products I shouldnt see the discounts for the stores that I am not running, which i am now able to see. I am very extremely interested in the multishop feature but I would really need this to work as I mentioned, since I want to have different managers for every shop and I dont want them to see the special prices on the other shops or products that are not assigned to my shop by an "Administrator".

Please answer a.s.a.p. TIA

Dear Friend, did you find any solution for this? I have the same problem and trying hard to find an answer on the forum but without success till now.

Thank you in advance