Mass Update Module

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The "Mass Update" spreadsheet style update plugin has been created, you are more than welcome to test it. !http://dtbaker.com.au/code/prestashop/mass_update.jpg! Install instructions: * Go the Prest

I've updated the module to version 1.3 were i splitted the module and made an admin tab. Also made other changes like Added a tab under products. Added number and product image Removed bugs &

Thanks to the original author David T Baker, Bob Claassen for supplying this module to the community. Thanks to all who have contributed to this module's continued update's and features.   :UPDATE:

Posted Images

Hi,

No problem.
The same module.
But now update the category

www.eurocomputers.info/augmentationprix2.zip

But look the readme!!

I use this module for import, i have now about 35000 products add.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

No problem.
The same module.

But look the readme!!

Could you update the link please

Hi,

No problem.
The same module.

But look the readme!!

Could you update the link please

Yes.. Please update the link.. because http://www.eurocomputers.info/augmentation-prix.zip doesn't work anymore.. the page not found.. thanks..

• 2 weeks later...
I´m like 2 others here got this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in C:\xampp\htdocs\classes\Module.php(325) : eval()'d code on line 256

Parse error(s) in module(s)
massupdate

Please please help us out here !!

If nobody can help me in this is someone that can tell me how I can delete this module again ?

Hi, that's because the one who made that module was a little lazy and wrote it with php short tags <? instead of <?php, to fix it replace all <? with <?php, and <?= with <?php echo, the other solution is to enable php short tags on your webserver, in php.ini.

Good luck! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello

i do modified the original massupdate and i am using it for change the Reduction amount percentage in all products (similar to http://www.eurocomputers.info/augmentation-prix.zip , which one i cannot download for free) .
You can download here:
http://www.inciampa.com/alldiscount.tar

there is only one problem : i am using 1.3 and in product.php there is no getProductsProperties ,so i do commented the line 212 in alldiscount.php , otherwise i have system error message.
any suggestion?

M

• 3 weeks later...

I also got "Hack Attempt" when i choosing my language id.
Any idea? I did not find any good info on the link rustykalni wrote.

Anyone have a clue? I really want this to work!

I just downloaded this module, then received "Hack Attempt" response from Prestashop. Did I do something wrong? The module was installed, but when I went to configure it, I received the message "Hack Attempt".

Got it to work with 1.3.1 by changing the following.

modules/massupdate/massupdate.php
from

$all_products = Product::getProductsProperties(1,$all_products);

to

$all_products = Product::getProducts(1);

Jack

Here's a modified version for those who have the PARSE ERROR problem. :exclaim:

Works fine on 1.2.5

Cheers!

what about the small pictures of products. Possible to add the list, admin can see it... Some times really need it...

• 3 weeks later...
Got it to work with 1.3.1 by changing the following.

from

to

$all_products = Product::getProducts(1);

Jack

Made this change but appears is not working appear to me this errors:
Warning: Missing argument 2 for Product::getProducts(), called in /public_html/publico/modules/massupdate/massupdate.php on line 195 and defined in /public_html/publico/classes/Product.php on line 576

Warning: Missing argument 3 for Product::getProducts(), called in public_html/publico/modules/massupdate/massupdate.php on line 195 and defined in public_html/publico/classes/Product.php on line 576

Warning: Missing argument 4 for Product::getProducts(), called in public_html/publico/modules/massupdate/massupdate.php on line 195 and defined in public_html/publico/classes/Product.php on line 576

Warning: Missing argument 5 for Product::getProducts(), called in public_html/publico/modules/massupdate/massupdate.php on line 195 and defined in public_html/publico/classes/Product.php on line 576
Hack attempt

Have any ideas? Thanks in advance

Made this change but appears is not working appear to me this errors:
Warning: Missing argument 2 for Product::getProducts(), called in /public_html/publico/modules/massupdate/massupdate.php on line 195 and defined in /public_html/publico/classes/Product.php on line 576

Warning: Missing argument 3 for Product::getProducts(), called in public_html/publico/modules/massupdate/massupdate.php on line 195 and defined in public_html/publico/classes/Product.php on line 576

Warning: Missing argument 4 for Product::getProducts(), called in public_html/publico/modules/massupdate/massupdate.php on line 195 and defined in public_html/publico/classes/Product.php on line 576

Warning: Missing argument 5 for Product::getProducts(), called in public_html/publico/modules/massupdate/massupdate.php on line 195 and defined in public_html/publico/classes/Product.php on line 576
Hack attempt

Have any ideas? Thanks in advance

Went back and looked at my modification and see that I commented out that line of code instead of changing it.
Sorry for the mix up.

from

to

// $all_products = Product::getProductsProperties(1,$all_products);

Jack

• 3 weeks later...

Hello
I installed the mass update module and when I click on the configure and I get the Hack attempt message and it wont let me configure it. Please help, what am I doing wrong? do I need to set permissions on something, I set the mass update folder to 777 but still wont let me configure. I am using Version 1.3.1.1 - 0.172s

Thanks for your help.

I got it working, viewed thread above and commented out the line and it worked. I have another question. most of my products use Combinations rather than a single product, is there a way to alter this mod to be able to change stock on each combinations? The current mod works fine to pricing since the price does not change for my combinations. If not does anyone know of a mod that will do this?
Thanks

Power module to easily edit the characteristics of products in different languages.
Fields:
Active, Name, Quantity, Price, Wholesale Price, Amount of reduction, reduction percentage, weight, META Title, META Description, META Keywords, Link Rewrite, manufacturer ID, vendor ID

Attention, so that the module works correctly none of the fields may have the character " (parentheses) otherwise gives error and may lose some information.

massupdate_1.2.zip

Does anyone know how to implement the fields description_short and description?

The following code does not work because it removes the formatting:

"description_short"=>array(
"db_field"=>"description_short",
"friendly"=>"Descricao Curta",
"isLang" => 1,
"input_size" => 40,
),
"description"=>array(
"db_field"=>"description",
"friendly"=>"Descricao",
"isLang" => 1,
"input_size" => 100,
),

Is there any way to be able to edit the parent categori of a product though this and if yes plz share !!

best regards Martin

Made it my self so if anyone intrested then add this

"categori"=>array(
"db_field"=>"id_category_default",
"friendly"=>"cat",
"isLang" => 0,
"input_size" => 1,
),

after $main_product_fields = array(

line 70

could be made better but im only a copy paste programmer

Yes has any one worked how to add this fields to the Module,

Short Description
Description
Image URL
Categories
Sub Categories
Products

This is a great module, but if it had the short description included that would be great and also if the IMAGE URL was included + categories + sub categories and if we could have

Categories then next to that have ADD so lets you add a category and same for the sub category and products?

This will be a great.

Regards,
Aaron Healey

• 2 weeks later...

:-) great module. got the 1.2 version to work for PS 1.3 after modding
managed to add column for Recomended Retail Price, which I've added to my version.
I like the way this module is built - made to be easy to change. cool
one question - why does the module display two unused columns at the end - weight and size? could it be anything to do with attributes I've added to products? mmm....

one more question. is there any way this tool could be added to the 'Tools' admin tab, instead of using the 'configure' option in modules?

Yes there is.

Check it here:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/35089/P30/#176707

But I have a question with those module. How to remove the currency formatting in the “Wholesale Price” and the “Price Exc. Tax”? I just want it to be as plain as product price in original product info.

I hope someone could help me.

Hi, I tried to install this modul, but it seems that this module cannot be hooked in my presta-version I receive syntax-error in file module.php. As I'm not a coder, what shall I change and where ?

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\my-domain.at\shop\classes\Module.php(323) : eval()'d code on line 256

Got it working in 1.3.1.1 after commenting this line (around line 197) in massupdate.php

I've changed the line. Modul does not work and error is the same:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting T_FUNCTION in \classes\Module.php(323) : eval()'d code on line 238

Would this module be helpful for modifying the product list display? I am desperately looking for a solution to add attributes to my products without having to go into the product description page. I'd like to bring my colour attribute scrol-down selection box into the product list page, like this:

How would that be possible?

Many thanks in advance for your help

30183_VBXmZdC5jngC6nLlmQNM_t

• 3 weeks later...

Presta 1.2.5, MassUpdate 1.2
I have the message "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in D:\inetpub\wwwroot\skripta.fr\classes\Module.php(325) : eval()'d code on line 379"

OK, this is due to use of short tag.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got a fatal error message on version 132 any updates for module? I would love to use it! I got it to work well! I had to go to my server and delete an extra folder that was blocking this module and then i tried it again and it worked great! Thanks =)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

bonjour
j'ai teste votre module version 1.2 sur prestashop 1.4015, il demare mais je souhaite faire une modif sur le retour d'info , qu sera adapter au textil, j'ai voulu modifier la requete sql en ceci
SELECT *
FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'product` p
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'product_attribute` f ON ( f. `id_product` = p.`id_product` )
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'product_attribute_combination` g ON ( f. `id_product_attribute` = g.`id_product_attribute` )
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'attribute` h ON ( g. `id_attribute` = h.`id_attribute` )
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'attribute_group_lang` i ON ( h. `id_attribute_group` = i.`id_attribute_group` and i. `id_lang` = '.intval($cookie->id_lang).' )
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'attribute_lang` j ON ( j.`id_attribute` = h.`id_attribute` and j. `id_lang` = '.intval($cookie->id_lang).' )
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'product_lang` pl ON (p.`id_product` = pl.`id_product`) WHERE pl.`id_lang` = '.intval($cookie->id_lang).' limit 0 , 30 ';

celle ci fonction parfaitement sous mysql, et quant j'ajoute une selection de colonne
SELECT p.`reference`, pl.`name` ,f.`ean13` , p.`price`, p.`weight`, f.`quantity` FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'product` p
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'product_attribute` f ON ( f. `id_product` = p.`id_product` )
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'product_attribute_combination` g ON ( f. `id_product_attribute` = g.`id_product_attribute` )
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'attribute` h ON ( g. `id_attribute` = h.`id_attribute` )
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'attribute_group_lang` i ON ( h. `id_attribute_group` = i.`id_attribute_group` and i. `id_lang` = '.intval($cookie->id_lang).' )
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'attribute_lang` j ON ( j.`id_attribute` = h.`id_attribute` and j. `id_lang` = '.intval($cookie->id_lang).' )
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'product_lang` pl ON (p.`id_product` = pl.`id_product`) WHERE pl.`id_lang` = '.intval($cookie->id_lang).' limit 0 , 30 ';

la ca ne marche plus qu'elle est la bonne facon d'ecrire cette requette sous php?

merci cordialement stephane

bonjour
pour la requete sql pour le textil il faut juste ajoute
SELECT p.`id_product` , p.`reference` , pl.`name` AS nom, f.`ean13` , p.`price` , p.`weight` , i.`public_name` , j.`name` , f.`quantity`

donc la j'ai une prise compte des tailles et couleurs

mais comment affiche cela correstement? sur l'image on ne voie pas taille et couleur sur une même ligne, et même on ne voie pas la couleur?

merci pour une aide

40417_l8eDqPZyST6aA4qSi5N8_t

My product list is not displaying.

Any response on the FATAL ERROR THING?
I attach fixed massupdate.php
It also fixes the bug with duplicate product at the bottom of the list and the bug with not displaying list (cheers saikat ;)).
Tested on 1.3.7 final.

massupdate.php

• 1 month later...

It also fixes the bug with duplicate product at the bottom of the list and the bug with not displaying list (cheers saikat ;)).
Tested on 1.3.7 final.

Still getting PARSE ERROR on 1.3.7 final :(

edit: sorry just read the tags post, will update the tags

I've just tested it again and I can guarantee it's working fine on 1.3.7 final (with the massupdate.php updated file attached to my previous post).
Try to turn on debugging to find out what's wrong.

Okay now this is weird. On my local copy running on XAMPP, module is working just fine, changing prices. The exact files on my online version leave the prices unchanged, although no errors are reported.

Do you have any idea? Thanks a lot in advance!

• 3 weeks later...
Yes it works in 1.4.17 I tested it allot.. all good now.

thanks for your answer. I have install the module, but, when I want to change the reduction price and want to save it, came the follow error message:

FAILED TO UPDATE: UPDATE ps_product SET date_upd = NOW() , `price` = '52.500000' , `quantity` = '4' , `reduction_price` = '20' WHERE `id_product` = '10' LIMIT 1 Unknown column 'reduction_price' in 'field list'

could anyone helpme please?

Yes it works in 1.4.17 I tested it allot.. all good now.

thanks for your answer. I have install the module, but, when I want to change the reduction price and want to save it, came the follow error message:

FAILED TO UPDATE: UPDATE ps_product SET date_upd = NOW() , `price` = '52.500000' , `quantity` = '4' , `reduction_price` = '20' WHERE `id_product` = '10' LIMIT 1 Unknown column 'reduction_price' in 'field list'

Thanks a lot ruppon. I am to the page now.
Just as I have many items & many have same title, I wonder if there is a way to add the Reference number to the list that items could be sorted by Reference numbers or other way as it is the method in Prestashop to sort items?
Otherwise, I may change some items prices by mistake.
Any help?

Thanx for the module!

Iam using the massupdate ver 1.2 and i just tested it on my shop, all worked fine but i noticed that some of my products are not listed for update.....

Can someone help me to add a number before each product so that i can compare the total products in the massupdate with my total products in my shop to confirm if there's any products missing?

46901_Iy4AZcWFpPinMqSBnWqa_t

massupdate.php

Thanks for this great module!

...but...I have much attributes...

This is the solution for ATTRIBUTES!

BUT!!! Its handle only the product_attributes table, so if your product dont have attributes, it will not shown in the mass update module. (sorry Iam not a php programmer)

Take this and enjoy: (tested on v. 1.4 Final)

massupdate.php

Tested on 1.3.7 final.

Ruppon, your fixed attachment works for me in 1.4, thanks!

What about ig I want to add whosale_price column? Is it so simple as adding this code to massupdate.php?

"wholesale_price"=>array(
            "db_field"=>"wholesale_price",
            "friendly"=>$this->l('Wholesale_Price'),
             "prefix"=> '(' . $sign . ')',

Tested on 1.3.7 final.

Ruppon, your fixed attachment works for me in 1.4, thanks!

What about ig I want to add whosale_price column? Is it so simple as adding this code to massupdate.php?

"friendly"=>$this->l('Wholesale_Price'),

ok ruppon seems to be unavailable.... anybody else out there???
thanks in advance

Yes Choy, just add these rows to the $main_product_fields section:

"friendly"=>$this->l('Wholesale price'),
               "isLang"  => 1,
               "input_size" => 10, 
        ),

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone assist me? I want to add another table to this, Its for version 1,4 . Table is called specific_price (its for the fields reduction_price etc) Please can you tell me what code do i put and where i Put it. If i replicate the code for the product_lang. with that it would be the same isnt?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

• 4 weeks later...

I am running PS 1.4.0.17. I have succesfully installed the module. I also can see the tables/products, but when I clicked on "save all my products", it didn't do anything. Please help.

Can anybody post massupdate.php that works with PS 1.4.0.17 ????

Thank you

nevermind, a very kind forum member helped me with another solution (which is not related to this module) :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've updated the module to version 1.3 were i splitted the module and made an admin tab.

Also made other changes like

• Added a tab under products.
  • Added number and product image
  • Removed bugs & notifictions
  • Various other small changes

I'm planning to make an "real" config screen where u can edit which fields to display, size etc.

Also planning to make other changes like edit mass images upload, product delete etc.

For modifiing the module which fields to show just simply uncomment or comment in file: AdminMassUpdate function: _getConfig function

massupdate_v1.3.zip

Edited by bclaassen (see edit history)
  • Like 6

Not working for me, first version I try to instal says " HACK ATTEMPT " and the 1,3 version if I try to install is ok, but I when I click MASS UPDATE link it`s show a big Question Sighn ? ... cannot edit anything.

@bclaassen:

thanks for the update, thats great!

@nepaholic:

Here is the update for attributes...but work with attributes ONLY!!!! So you can update only the attributes table (price, weight, quantity, reference)

Overwrite this file at ./"admin"/tabs/ and ./modules/massupdate/

Tested on prestashop 1.4.x

http://web.t-online.hu/spidyg11/massupdate_attributes1_3.zip

I can't install this module. My Prestashop version is 1.4.6.

I received the following error message

• massupdate (parse error in /modules/massupdate/massupdate.php)
  • massupdate (class missing in /modules/massupdate/massupdate.php)

anybody can help..

Not dissing the mass update module.. I have it and love it.. but I was able to do some cool stuff with storecommander module too.. there is a free version at storecommander.com and I was able to upload mass image files, change categories for filtered lists of products instantly, change pricing for a whole category by a percentage and so many other things that make it a little more valuable to me.

check it out... and good luck!

The MassUpdate 1.0 or 1.3 doesn't work on my PrestaShop 1.4.6.2. When I make changes and save products it just says "updating please wait" and no changes are made.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thank you,

Edit: 1.3 doesn't work at all, I get errors and forbidden messages.

The MassUpdate 1.0 or 1.3 doesn't work on my PrestaShop 1.4.6.2. When I make changes and save products it just says "updating please wait" and no changes are made.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thank you,

Edit: 1.3 doesn't work at all, I get errors and forbidden messages.

There is a fix for Version 1 Back on page3 that fixes the updating please wait issue.