[Free Module] Multi Tabbed Product Carousel (Over 200 Downloads)

Full descriptions with screen shots: http://prestashopexc...com/our-addons/

Descriptions

Tabbed carousel is a super upgrade to the Featured Products module. Not only that it allows Prestashop admin to present products in a carousel format, it also allows multiple tabs to be created. Try it now to promote your products from multiple categories! Tabbed carousel is completely skin-able by end-users, and no CSS / JavaScript / HTML skills is required, simply go to jQuery UI Theme Roller, generate your theme and upload it to the themes directory. Tabbed carousel will automatically pick it up and make the theme selectable on the configuration screen.

Installation

Simply download the zip file and install from the BackOffice.

Download: Click here

Features

• Show products in a carousel.
  • Multiple tabs – Easily configurable by dragging and dropping categories from the configuration screen.
  • Available configurations:
    • Number of products on the carousel
    • Carousel width
    • Product image width and height
    • Theme
    • Auto-play
    • Tabs

[*]Auto detect new themes uploaded, making it available for Prestashop admin to select.

Bug Report / Questions

Click here

Demo

http://demo.prestashopexchange.com/ – See mid-column

Download and installed easily ... :)

I've been doing some testing, but I've been only able to select one option that displays text descriptions and colors reasonably well, probably because of our custom theme...

Where can I set the color of the topy bar in your light scheme?

Thank you for your contribution ...

Regards,

Doug

You can go to jQuery theme roller and make your own theme, download, unzip then rename the css/custom-theme directory to something that make sense. And then upload to PRESTASHOP_ROOT/modules/carouselfeatured/css/themes/.

The CarouselFeatured addon will automatically detect the new theme and make it selectable from the module config screen.

Michael

Thank you Michael, but unfortunately that's probably a skill set that's way above my capabilities ... :D

I'll keep looking around for something more plug and play ..

Appreciate your efforts though ..

Regards,

Doug

cannot install :

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in /hp/bu/ab/eq/www/ER/modules/carouselfeatured/classes/CategoryDao.php on line 29

actual prestashop 1.4.6.2 with standard template

• Like 1

cannot install :

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in /hp/bu/ab/eq/www/ER/modules/carouselfeatured/classes/CategoryDao.php on line 29

actual prestashop 1.4.6.2 with standard template

Hi, You sure this is installed correctly? Where did you download the addon from? because there is no way I can find "T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM" from the code....

We now have over 200 downloads for the module!

Hello !

1 - Ijust tried to reload the module from this page (thread #1)

2 - I upload it in backoffice with import module

3 - Now the module "Tabbed Carousel for featured products v0.1 par Michael Chan" is in my list

4 - When I click now on " install" I get the same error message

do you have another download source to check ? Idownloaded right now from the download in 1st. Thread !

you will need to change the TPL for that.

Hi, sorry for the English, it looks like I have it on the web just playing css www.inforvi.com

high multiple category covers the precioy is dynamic and not change it without knowing PHP

a greeting

Are you saying that you have multiple categories with different image height?

I mean,to put multiple tabs on the price category is only half or does not look like I give more height to the module so as not to cut prices or the tape.

not resize well plugging module prices by adding category tabs

Hi, this module looks very nice. I would like use it, but i have a problem with installation. When i click on install at BO, it shows me grey screen and module is not instaled. I am using prestashop 1.4.6.2. and same tamplate as you in demonstration. I dont know where is a problem...Thx

I have this log empty, or i dont know, how to work with it :-) Please check your PM.

Could you please take a look at the log when you click install from BO? Paste the extract here and I will be able to help you.

Here is error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in

/................/www/modules/carouselfeatured/classes/CategoryDao.php on

line 29

I found some explanation for this error, but i am not good programmer, so I dont know how to fix it...

http://johnlamansky.com/tech/t_paamayim_nekudotayim/

Regards

Heyyyy, I found this article:

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Self_(PHP)_vs_this_(PHP)

I changed in code $this->NON_EMPTY_CATEGORY_QUERY instead of $this::$NON_EMPTY_CATEGORY_QUERY. Now i can install module, but now i see gey screen when i click on settings of module and FO is empty :-( Any idea?

It looks, that i am programmer, but i am not :-) If I did, i would fix it by myself :-)

• 4 weeks later...

The T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM problem is a bugger, can't get it fixed. If you run PHP >5.3 you won't notice the error as in those versions it's allowed. Although, if you have <5.3, this way of programming won't work.

• 1 month later...

Hi Michael Chan, I also have the same problem with 1.4.5.1 with 30 (sub)-categories, HTTPS and SSL - after install I see a blank grey module on the site. But the installed fine on a dummy site, same verison, 3-4 categories and without HTTPS, SSL. Can you help me fix? I really like the module.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried this module today in Prestashop 1.4.7 with standard theme and received same error as others.

Uploads to Front Office Features fine Tabbed Carousel for featured products

v0.1 by

Michael Chan

but will not install.

Parse error

: syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in

/hermes/bosweb/web066/b667/ipg.nuggetsranchracewayc/shop/modules/carouselfeatured/classes/CategoryDao.php

on line

Hi Michael,

I was wondering if it would be possible to make the changes to this module so it is compatible with prestashop 1.4.6 onwards. If not has anybody found a module that works just like this one that displays the featured products by category in a tab/carousel form.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, given that this module is at least apparently nowhere to be found, can anyone suggest something like that (even if not for free)?

Thanks a lot!! ;)