Sign in to follow this  
Rhapsody

[blockcategories] override tip

For those who want to override the blockcategories module by modifying the tpl files, be aware that if you place blockcategories.tpl in yourtheme/modules/blockcategories directory to override the original tpl file, you will receive a white screen on the front office.

The fix is to also put put the file category-tree-branch.tpl in the same directory (see this thread)

I wanted to have the text Categories as a link, similar to the other block modules. The zip file attached has both the modified blockcategories.tpl file, and the unmodified category-tree-branch.tpl. Unzip the file and you can use it as an override to create the yourtheme/modules/blockcategories directory with the two tpl files to do this.

blockcategories.zip

Hi Rapshody,

Have you seen on your tools/smarty/cache if you have generated temporary "bloccategories.php" files ? I have such problem, every visit and every loading folder is plenty of such files. Any Suggestion ? tks

I only had 6 files in that directory. I believe that is normal, and they are created whenever the first time a page is generated by clicking on the category block or one of the categories.