[SOLVED] Additional Fields?

Our type of product that would be sold in our store, when it comes on-line, requires the buyer to enter a "license number" and "date of expiry" ...

Is there any place I can create additional fields for the customer record, so that information can be added as a "mandatory" requirement to register, or perhaps be prompted for during the buying process?

Thanks for any feedback ... :)

Regards,

Doug

Hi Doug,

Within PrestaShop's default settings, you cannot use a license number that automatically verifies the information when a user places the order, but here are a couple potential workarounds: When you create a product in your Catalog, you can select the Customization tab and add as many required fields as you would like, although you will then need to verify them by hand.

Alternatively, you could try creating activation codes as individual, one-time-use vouchers. For example, say you are selling a piece of software, you can make the basic cost prohibitive (say, $10,000) by default, but include a note that this is the price without an activation code. Once they enter the code as a voucher (you can rename "Voucher" to "Activation Code" in the Translations section of your Back Office), the cost will reduce to the proper amount based on your voucher settings.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

It sure does help Mike .... thank you ... :)

I don't really need to verify the number by looking it up in real time, but rather I need it on file for auditing purposes if ever checked by the government. The onus isn't on me to validate it.

So, if I add customization fields in the product listing, then the buyer has to fill in that data as part of a buying process?

Thanks ..

Regards,

Doug