mikelly

Hello all,

I have a problem with spammers from China hitting all my different websites to the rate of about 100 new sign-ups a week, their bots seem to just ignore things like robots.txt, captcha and respond to email confirmations since my server's stats software shows my where this traffic comes from I was going to put I.P. Deny in my .htaccess file.

Here is the thing, with Prestashop inserting the I.P. deny codes either into the back office or directly into .htaccess causes an immediate 500 error. It works with all of my other programs, but not with Prestashop. Any Ideas, I am using I.P. Deny lists from http://www.parkansky.com/china.htm .

Thanks,

Michael Kelly

Hello!

You should be able to deny IP address's from the administration panel of your website.

We tried to use the list from that link and works ok in .htaccess. If it keeps making you issues, you might have something else in your htaccess file that's causing a conflict. In the administration panel of your website you can check the logs, to see where the problems occurs exactly.