Products import. Need help

Hello all

New to Prestashop and have already spend many many hours evaluating but mostly with the import module as I want to switch over from OSC to Prestashop.

Have read most forum posts and not got any wiser. OSCommerce to Prestashop module I gave up as there is no info at all and it does not recognize the data bases. I am not sure which one to enter. The one I am importing from or the prestashop one. I did both with the same result. Nil.

I tried the csv import, downloaded the sample products csv, added all my products to the right columns, UTF-8 etc. When press the final import button it goes to a blank page. Where am I going wrong? There were other post with the same problem and they also got no replies. I hope I get one.

I have tried on my local computer and on the web server and the same result.

The categories as they were a few I entered them manually but cannot do that for the products.

Is there somebody to give some answers to be able to evaluate the rest of the shop properties?

Thanks in advance

Vas

Thanks Mike

It looks to me that it is the csv that I am uploading as I tried different ones and got some error messages that product column had no qty. I did fill qty and then the same happened again.

I have seen many posts with the same question as mine and I think there should be a detailed documentation on this subject for the non techies like me.

Small things wrong on a csv upload messes up the whole site. things like should you upload with the title column or not ? etc

Vas

Hi Mike

I am still trying to do the product import and now removed the ID's from the csv and got the following message

Fatal error: Cannot access empty property in /home/www/vtronics.co.uk/xxxadmin/tabs/AdminImport.php on line 413

Any clues? The categories import works Ok

Vas

Hi Mike

Re: My ticket. Looked back and did reply to the technicians email the same day that his suggestion did not work and that I downloaded the sample products csv and did the csv import with the 2 products as they came with the csv and did not work. I am sending him another email now with some other details.

thanks

vas

Hi Vas,

I'm looking at the ticket, and do not see any specific responses. In order to get the most efficient support, please post your responses directly to the support ticket, because our technicians get hundreds of emails every day and need to be able to separate these sorts of messages from the rest.

-Mike

Hi Vas,

I just replicated this error on a clean local install, so I am going to try to sit down with a developer to determine what is causing this, whether our sample CSVs need to be uploaded or something else is the issue. I will let you know as soon as I have any additional information for you.

-Mike

• 4 weeks later...

I whant to update the price to my products using the import tool from PS. If i create a .csv file with the reference number, product name and product price and import it with the Use product reference as key ? ON, all the other data will be erased, description, manufacturer, meta... How can i update the prices without losing this data?

Do not take my word for granted as I am still a novice with Prestashop but the time I spend trying to do the csv import I noticed that it erases all data from the data base and writes the new one on.

suggest that if you manage to upload the prices Ok then keep the rest of the data on your csv and upload it all together. This way it will re-write it again.

• 4 months later...

Hi Vas,

I just replicated this error on a clean local install, so I am going to try to sit down with a developer to determine what is causing this, whether our sample CSVs need to be uploaded or something else is the issue. I will let you know as soon as I have any additional information for you.

-Mike

Mike,

Have we got any fix or work around for this problem?

Thanks,

Saravana

Mike,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using PrestaShop 1.4.7.0 and getting the following error when i try to import a CSV file with just 2 products rows.

Fatal error: Cannot access empty property in d:\xxxx\www\admin918\tabs\AdminImport.php on line 413

I have enabled the following parameters in the config.inc.php

@ini_set('display_errors', 'on');

define('_PS_DEBUG_SQL_', true);

It would be great if you can provide a fix for this.

Many thanks,

Saravana

Hi Saravana,

According to that error, it appears that there is something wrong with the file you're using to import. I would recommend you start by comparing your file to the sample one we offer through the Back Office to try to identify any potential discrepancies between the two.

-Mike