How To: Customize product prices when adding to cart

agshoward

All,

Our new site is still under development but I have, I believe, a simple ask but I can't see how to implement it.

We have a custom T-shirt printing business and we allow for some custom orders, for those orders I have a custom product item which is added to the cart once the customer selects the sayings/colours they need.

The problem is, even though I can add this extra product item (the cart has 2 products for the one ordered item) with it's own price $2, it doesn't stop someone removing that additional product and the $2 is then removed from the total.

So the ask is: How can I add an additional price to a product, without having to have a product? I'm looking thru blockcart.js as I believe it there but not sure as I can't see many references to price.

An example:

Product 1 - $18.95

Product 2 - $2

Both get added to cart making a total of $20.95, but I can remove Product 2 and reduce the price, all I need to do is add $2 to product 1 so the cart only has one product of $20.95, I can handle all the other customizations I need.

Hope this makes sense I can provide images etc if needed, as site is offline till I'm complete.

thanks

Andre