[Solved] The new addons on prestashop site - where is sort option?

deniss13

Yes, PS team removed it and implemented sorting according to various attributes (I guess both features at once would cause conflicts). This is nice, but unfortunatelly it doesn't work that well in all scenarios. For example while sorting templates - sorting according to colors or number of columns gives you only few results. It's funny that I can't find my own templates there using these features ;-) although I'm quite sure I filled all the details (colors, columns..) but it probably get lost somehow. Sorting according popularity or theme version was nice I think....

Hello Everybody,

I'm from the Addons team. You know that lately we made an upgrade of the store. Few weeks before the upgrade, we removed the rating system (the stars) because we thought it wasn't relevent enough. In the next few weeks, we are going to change a lot of things on Addons and I asked Mike to make a post about that ( http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/138863-community-your-ideas-and-suggestions-for-our-new-addons-site/ ). the very same exists on the french section to get more ideas.

We are going to change a lot of things, and we have to plan a meeting to discuss about a new rating system for the modules and themes.

For now, you can click on "Themes", next "Featured" and "New" on Addons's frontoffice to see the best sold themes. But we clearly know that it's not enough. I cannot give you any precise date but we'll work on this from now. Since the upgrade, we were testing and correcting a few things until we find the time to completly remake them.

cya

Edit : Sorry if I made english language mistakes, we are french here :)

• 1 month later...

Any news about that? When we will be able to sort addons or themes by popularity? As I posted in here, I do not think it is very practical for prestashop users

http://www.prestasho...-by-popularity/

In my opinion it is not very practical. I would like to know which addons are mature enough to be installed on a production server and not having problems with new addons, not well tested and wasting time trying them all.

The filters they have added are useless in my opinion, and could make prestashop lose a lot of users. Magento's extensions for example can be filtered by most popular. Wordpress plugins can also be filtered by most popular...

And this thread should not be solved...

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...