[Solved]How to Use GoDaddy's SMTP Email Settings

Hi,

I have been trying to get Prestashop to play nice with GoDaddy for the last three days.

Everything is as it soon except that the contact forms don't go through. The form says it does but I never receive the email.

I know you have to now use the SMTP email settings in Prestashop if you want to use GoDaddy.

I read many treads on this topic with no luck.

If anyone does have a shared hosting account with GoDaddy and have their Prestashop forms working correctly could you PLEASE show me how you have it set up?

My setting are as follows:

Main domain: myactualdomain.com

SMTP Server: relay-hosting.secureserver.net

Port: 25

OK, I got it working.

Please note that I received the email from the contact form correctly when it is sent from my Prestashop website by forwarding it to my gmail account, but on my GoDaddy email account I had a MAILER-DAEMON error.

I called GoDaddy and they said they have been having a lot of email server problems lately and are working on getting it correctly. So this error message might go away from the GoDaddy email side once they get their act together.

For the following to work though (so you can receive your shops forms email) you must set up a forwarding address on your GoDaddy email account.

Here it is in layman's terms, I hope I can save a lot of aggravation to others.

1. Go to Preferences - E-mail

2. Click on "Set my own SMTP parameters. For advanced users ONLY"

3. On the "Mail domain" type in your domain name i.e. mydomain.com

4. On the SMTP server: type in relay-hosting.secureserver.net

5. On Port: type 25 (Leave everything else alone)

6. click "Save"

7. Open your favorite text editor i.e. notepad, dreamweaver etc.

8. Make a new page and name it " php.ini "

9.Inside this new document type in the following information (make sure you enter a valid email from GoDaddy):

SMTP = relay-hosting.secureserver.net

smtp_port = 25

sendmail_from = [email protected]

10. Upload this file into your root directory. If you have a custom template that you are using then upload it to that template's root directory.

11. Don't miss this step. Go to Preferences - Contact Information

12. In the "Shop e-mail:" add a valid GoDaddy email address that has been set up to forward your emails for example "Shop emails: [email protected]"

Please let others know if this worked for you on this forum so we can stop all this email madness with the SMTP email GoDaddy.

• Like 2

Well, tried to send a form today and form stopped working WTF!

My sure way to fix this issue is to dump GoDaddy and use a more Prestashop friendly web hosting company.

I am going to request to my client to change to a different hosting company. They haven't nearly reached their initial 30 days. I think GoDaddy has a 30 day satisfaction guarantee.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The day after I posted my last post I had my client dump GoDaddy and went with a REAL hosting company.

All of my emails worked instantly as well as all of my forms without an BS.

So if you want to stop with all the hassles of trying to get your email and forms to work switch to another company.

• 8 months later...

Your life will be much better after you leave go daddy. If you cannot afford new hosting I am guessing your site is on one of the lower plans. The load time of your website will be throttle because Prestashop is not designed to run on $3 plans.

• Like 1

Hello Matt, I think BlueHost is a good hosting solution. I believe it will solve your SMTP functionality. It is also only about 5 dollars a month, you check out bluehost at www.bluehost.com/prestashop

Thanks, but I managed to get it working. I think the main problem is companies are calling things different things - like prestashop has modules and wordpress has plugins... same thing really! I will upload a pic of the (my) solution when I get a chance to help others. Thanks for all your help guys! I do like the look of bluehost... :)

Thanks again,

Matt

• 1 month later...