Disabled language causes 404 Error on homepage

I have a site that I translated into Icelandic. Originally I only had English and Icelandic enabled. Everything was working fine. When I disabled the English language in my store, the store front or the ‘home’ returns 404 error and sometimes "this site is under development." I re-enabled the English language but the problem persists.

The domain of my site is www.krili.is. If I type in something else, like http://krili.is/en/new-products.php, I return to my site and can navigate every page except ‘Home’ or my store front. Can someone please help me figure this out? I´m using Prestashop 1.4.5.1.

Thank you in advance,

Ívar Örn

I am not sure if it will help : disable the cache (menu Settings/Performance, then Cache on bottom of the page) and delete all files in /tools/smarty/compile and /tools/smarty/cache. Then test.

If it still doesn't work, check your settings in Settings/SEO/URL Configuration.

NOTA: I am not sure about the exact naming of the English menu, because I use French version of PrestaShop.

Thierry

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am not sure if it will help : disable the cache (menu Settings/Performance, then Cache on bottom of the page) and delete all files in /tools/smarty/compile and /tools/smarty/cache. Then test.

If it still doesn't work, check your settings in Settings/SEO/URL Configuration.

NOTA: I am not sure about the exact naming of the English menu, because I use French version of PrestaShop.

Thierry

For me the "disable the cache" / turning off "Smarty" solved the random 404 ERROR problem.

Many thanks!