Plz HElp, upgrade successful, but new site keeps redirecting to old site

hi guys

please can someone share some advice, i have two shops both version 1.4.4.1

my one site is active and the other isnt, the active one became too big with too many products

so i decided to export my database from the active shop and import it into the disabled one

the database import was successful, however everytime i try go to the site it keep redirecting to the old one

althought i've changed the url in the ps backend and regenerated the friendly URL it still dredirects to the old one

does anyone know where i can find the setting where it tells it go to the old site and change it to the new domain, the other site is one a brand new domain yet it still goes to the old one

thanks alot

Hi Maycontainweasel,

1. You state that you have changed the url in the ps backend - where exactly have you changed the url?

2. If you have access to phpMyadmin or similar - open the table ps_configuration (depending on how you set up your preferences the database may have a different prefix to ps_) and then search for a value equal to your domain (do not include the http://).

You should see configuration settings with the name = 'PS_SHOP_DOMAIN' and 'PS_SHOP_DOMAIN_SSL' - check the value set for each of these. If you have other modules which also require the shop domain these should appear in the search results also - change these also if required.

3. Check your settings.inc.php file in the configuration folder and ensure it is using the correct database.

4. Update any shop email addresses set in preferences > contact in the back office.

5. Check all you modules for any update required to email addresses etc..

After these changes and checks have been made your shop should function correctly, however you may wish to regenerate you robot.txt file and your .htaccess files to be sure.

Good luck…

p.s. One other thought - if the above does not work ensure that you do not have some sort of domain redirection set up on your hosting:

This could be either a php header redirect in the index.php file or a redirect set up through your hosting control panel / by the hosting company you are with.