[SOLVED] Editing the header ("informations") of block_various_links footer

I'm using the free theme titled "New prestashop theme".

It's got the menu on the bottom.

I've been customizing this theme for my needs through the style sheets with success but I'm stumped with this. I can't see where to change the headers on this menu. The one that says "Informations" specifically, I want to correct the spelling on that.

I also can't see where to edit the existing items on that menu. I CAN see where to add items but not edit the ones that come already on the theme. For example, I'd like to change "delivery" to say something else.

When I go to try to edit the html, there's some mumbo jumbo about licenses. I've never seen anything like that before.

For the Menu Header go to Modules>Front Office Features>CMS block

I tried that before but couldn't get it to work for some reason and I wasn't able to get it to work this time either for the header but...

For the CMS page title and content go to Tools>CMS

This solution worked for changing the menu items. Thanks very much for your reply!

Hi preerp10,

You can edit this in your Back Office under Tools > Translations > Module Translations.

This worked for changing the header! Thanks for your reply too!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi moto,

It looks like you should be able to find that translation under "block_various_links." Please let me know if you're able to find it there.

Alternatively, you could always do CTRL + F and search for "informations" to find anywhere else that term may be listed so that you can replace it there as well.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

Hi moto,

It looks like you should be able to find that translation under "block_various_links." Please let me know if you're able to find it there.

Alternatively, you could always do CTRL + F and search for "informations" to find anywhere else that term may be listed so that you can replace it there as well.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

I've gone down both of these roads - in the translations and in the global css and have not found it.

Any other thoughts? I appreciate the help -

You need to edit /themes/prestashop_new/modules/blockcms/blockcms.tpl

around line #49

<h4>{l s='Informations' mod='blockcms'}</h4>

Let me know if it works as I haven't used this theme before and would be interested to know.

Don't forget to Force Compile after the edit.

You need to edit /themes/prestashop_new/modules/blockcms/blockcms.tpl

around line #49

<h4>{l s='Informations' mod='blockcms'}</h4>

Let me know if it works as I haven't used this theme before and would be interested to know.

Don't forget to Force Compile after the edit.

Strange - in the blockcms.tpl, I find this:

<h4>{l s='Info' mod='blockcms'}</h4>

But the block in the footer still shows as 'informations'.

That's very odd.

Mike's suggestion earlier about the module translations would have done the same thing. I was thinking this was an alternative way.

If you go back to that and try putting Information in for Info.

Not sure if you tried that but I can't think of any alternative.

Hi moto,

The more I look into it for you, the more it seems that something may have been inadvertently changed without you ever realizing it. In order to limit future frustration, I would suggest that you consider uninstalling and reinstalling a clean version of the theme, which should hopefully allow you to do away with this issue you're running into.

-Mike

Hi moto,

The more I look into it for you, the more it seems that something may have been inadvertently changed without you ever realizing it. In order to limit future frustration, I would suggest that you consider uninstalling and reinstalling a clean version of the theme, which should hopefully allow you to do away with this issue you're running into.

-Mike

That's entirely possible - I'll give it a shot and check the above suggestions again.

That's entirely possible - I'll give it a shot and check the above suggestions again.

This fixed it. After deleting and reinstalling the theme, 'informations' now shows on the module translation page and can be changed. In my early attempts to edit it, I must have changed it somewhere. Strange that it still would not let me update, though.

Either way, the reinstall worked -

Thanks Mike and Dave for the fast help -

• 7 months later...

Does anyone know how to do it manually? by changing a file manually or something. I'm getting the well-know error: "suhosin.post.max_vars." and I was wondering if there is a faster solution.

Thanks in advance

- Miguel -

I already tried to edit the "es.php" but the problem here is that I don't know what I have to write. Lines are something like:

"$_MODULE['<{blockcms}prestashop>blockcms_ea4788705e6873b424c65e91c2846b19'] = 'Volver';"

So I don't know what code I have to put after "blockcms_" in order to translate the title "Informations" into Spanish