cerberus22

loyalty voucher points

Hi all,

When a customer converts his Loyalty points to a voucher they cannot use then straight away (the loyality voucher date starts 14 days after creation for some reason).

how can I change this so the loyality voucher starts the same day (or the next day) from when the customer converts there loyality points to a voucher ?

All the best,
Cerberus22

Try editing line:

$dateFrom = $dateFrom + (60 * 60 * 24 * intval(Configuration::get('PS_ORDER_RETURN_NB_DAYS')));

in ./modules/loyalty/loyalty-program.php . Change numbers 60*60*24 to get desired date or change to:

$dateFrom = $dateFrom 

or

$dateFrom = $dateFrom + 0 

I'm not a programer, but this sounds logic solution :)

Before trying, please make backup.
Hope it helps,
WODP

EDIT: now i see it's for order return in code... i'll try something other in a while.

For anyone who experiences this problem the solution is this:

In modules/loyalty/loyalty-program.php change this:

$voucher->date_from = date('Y-m-d H:i:s', $dateFrom);

To:

$voucher->date_from = date('Y-m-d H:i:s', $dateFrom - 864000); // - 10 days

With this the voucher will be active right away when the customer converts it in a voucher and doesn't have to wait 10 days.

The value of 864000 are the seconds. So 60seconds * 60minutes * 24hours * 10days = 864000 seconds

• Like 1

The loyality voucher date starts 14 days after creation I think that's because a law thing. In EU the costumer has the right of return the purchase and no need to justify why in a 14 days period after recieve what has bought.
I'm not sure if is that the reason but it makes sense. Imagine you have a costumer who bought some produts for 100€ and because of the loyalty program earns a 10€ voucher. In the same day the costumer buys again, other order of 10 € and subtract the voucher, so pays 0€. When the costumer recieves the firts order he decides to return it (in a 14 days period). So you give him the money back (100€). At the end, the costumer earned a 10€ voucher wich has discounted on the second order but actually did not deserve it because he returned the first order. How you will ask the 10€ voucher return?
I think that's because the 14 days period exists in this module.

To my mind, this is a nice idea to protect the shop owner, but not very nice realisation which kills the loyality program. Let's say customer comes to a shop after a month he has bought something, remembers he has loyality points, go to menu and generates a voucher. Now he logically wants to use it, because he needs to buy something.. BUT HE CAN NOT!!! He needs to wait 14 days.. For sure he will just buy without a voucher and will never remember about it. To his mind voucher just didn't work!

I think loyalty program/voucher should be connected to the of last purchase date, not to the date of voucher generation!

Thank for the code modification guys.

Hi!

How can you do this:

After ordering the buyer accumulate points.

Only after 5 orders points can be converted into a voucher.

does anyone know how to make loyalty points turned into a voucher after 5 orders?

Try editing line:

$dateFrom = $dateFrom + (60 * 60 * 24 * intval(Configuration::get('PS_ORDER_RETURN_NB_DAYS')));

in ./modules/loyalty/loyalty-program.php . Change numbers 60*60*24 to get desired date or change to:

$dateFrom = $dateFrom
or
$dateFrom = $dateFrom + 0

I'm not a programer, but this sounds logic solution :)

Before trying, please make backup.

Hope it helps,

WODP

EDIT: now i see it's for order return in code... i'll try something other in a while.

As I have understood this line $dateFrom = $dateFrom + (60 * 60 * 24 * intval(Configuration::get('PS_ORDER_RETURN_NB_DAYS'))); it says make that data from now + order return time it can be hours days month. How to provide actual date and time , as my system creates voucher and i have to wait about 8 hours

where order return configuration is? Might it will help without editing lines?