[SOLVED] "Receive special offers from our partners" - Remove?

Hi Charlotte,

You can remove this via FTP by removing the following string from your theme's authentication.tpl, identity.tpl and order-opc-new-account.tpl files:

</p>
  <p class="checkbox">
<input type="checkbox" name="optin" id="optin" value="1" {if isset($smarty.post.optin) && $smarty.post.optin == 1} checked="checked"{/if} />
<label for="optin">{l s='Receive special offers from our partners'}</label>
  </p>

You will find it twice in the authentication.tpl file and once in the other two. Once you've done that, please be sure to delete the contents of your tools/smarty/cache and tools/smarty/compile folders for you EXCEPT for your index.php file, and then you should be good to go!

I hope this helps.

-Mike

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the fix! I have implemented it as well. A quick question however on deleting smarty cache - what's say I DID accidentally delete the index.php files? I followed the directions here http://www.templatemonster.com/help/prestashop-how-to-clear-smarty-cache.html which says "delete all files" before I re-read your post.

I have replaced them from a backup, but is that enough?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Thank you!

Hi Charlotte,
You can remove this via FTP by removing the following string from your theme's authentication.tpl, identity.tpl and order-opc-new-account.tpl files:

</p>
   <p class="checkbox">
	<input type="checkbox" name="optin" id="optin" value="1" {if isset($smarty.post.optin) && $smarty.post.optin == 1} checked="checked"{/if} />
	<label for="optin">{l s='Receive special offers from our partners'}</label>
   </p>
You will find it twice in the authentication.tpl file and once in the other two. Once you've done that, please be sure to delete the contents of your tools/smarty/cache and tools/smarty/compile folders for you EXCEPT for your index.php file, and then you should be good to go!

I hope this helps.

-Mike

• 8 months later...

in the back office - preferences/customers there is a selection for enable opt-in, disable that to remove the 'special offers from partners'.

no need to change code, but it also didnt make sense until i looked at the code that the optin field was related.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just in case some 1.7 users were wondering: You can simply remove this thing via admin panel. Just go to Shop Parameters > Customer Settings  and switch off "Partner Options" or whatever its called.

Then the Checkbox will disappear.

• Like 4