CharlotteCeramics

[SOLVED] "Receive special offers from our partners" - Remove?

Hi Charlotte,

You can remove this via FTP by removing the following string from your theme's authentication.tpl, identity.tpl and order-opc-new-account.tpl files:

</p>
  <p class="checkbox">
<input type="checkbox" name="optin" id="optin" value="1" {if isset($smarty.post.optin) && $smarty.post.optin == 1} checked="checked"{/if} />
<label for="optin">{l s='Receive special offers from our partners'}</label>
  </p>

You will find it twice in the authentication.tpl file and once in the other two. Once you've done that, please be sure to delete the contents of your tools/smarty/cache and tools/smarty/compile folders for you EXCEPT for your index.php file, and then you should be good to go!

I hope this helps.

-Mike

• Like 1

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the fix! I have implemented it as well. A quick question however on deleting smarty cache - what's say I DID accidentally delete the index.php files? I followed the directions here http://www.templatemonster.com/help/prestashop-how-to-clear-smarty-cache.html which says "delete all files" before I re-read your post.

I have replaced them from a backup, but is that enough?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Hi Steve,

That's why we recommend that you always back up beforehand, good job :P! If you've replaced it with the backup, you shouldn't have any issues, but if you do, just let me know and I'll look into it for you.

I'm glad the fix worked for you as well.

-Mike

Prestashop should consider making this checkbox optional or removing it. Having too many things to fill up and check makes the sign up/address form look too cluttered which creates more friction in the checking out process

• Like 1

Thank you!

Hi Charlotte,
You can remove this via FTP by removing the following string from your theme's authentication.tpl, identity.tpl and order-opc-new-account.tpl files:

</p>
   <p class="checkbox">
	<input type="checkbox" name="optin" id="optin" value="1" {if isset($smarty.post.optin) && $smarty.post.optin == 1} checked="checked"{/if} />
	<label for="optin">{l s='Receive special offers from our partners'}</label>
   </p>
You will find it twice in the authentication.tpl file and once in the other two. Once you've done that, please be sure to delete the contents of your tools/smarty/cache and tools/smarty/compile folders for you EXCEPT for your index.php file, and then you should be good to go!

I hope this helps.

-Mike

in the back office - preferences/customers there is a selection for enable opt-in, disable that to remove the 'special offers from partners'.

no need to change code, but it also didnt make sense until i looked at the code that the optin field was related.

• Like 1

Just in case some 1.7 users were wondering: You can simply remove this thing via admin panel. Just go to Shop Parameters > Customer Settings  and switch off "Partner Options" or whatever its called.

Then the Checkbox will disappear.

• Like 2

Important Information

Cookies ensure the smooth running of our services. Using these, you accept the use of cookies. Learn More