jolvil

[FREE PRESTASHOP MODULE ] Products in categories as LIST OR GRID using jQuery for PS1.3 and PS1.4

Hello

Well... maybe my question will look stupid, but in category.tpl, to have:

{if $products}
{include file="$tpl_dir./product-compare.tpl"}
{include file="$tpl_dir./product-sort.tpl"}
<div class="switcher_thumb"><a href="#" class="switch_thumb">Switch Display</a><span>{l s='Switch View'}</span></div>{* Module List or Grid *}
{include file="$tpl_dir./product-list.tpl" products=$products}
{include file="$tpl_dir./pagination.tpl"}
{elseif !isset($subcategories)}

after {include file="$tpl_dir./product-sort.tpl"} did I must add:

<div class="switcher_view"><a href="#" class="switch_but">Switch Display</a><span>{l s='Switch View'}</span></div>{* Module List or Grid *}

or

<div class="switcher_thumb"><a href="#" class="switch_thumb">Switch Display</a><span>{l s='Switch View'}</span></div>{* Module List or Grid *}

Takio

Must be

<div class="switcher_view"><a href="#" class="switch_but">Switch Display</a><span>{l s='Switch View'}</span></div>{* Module List or Grid *}

mistake, 1rst post and archive updated

Hello

Following the "new" install process (I mean the right one :P), it's working like a charm on Prestashop 1.4.5.1.

Thanks a lot for this aesthetic module ;)

Bye

Takio

Note: If somebody can find a trick to keep the 'grid view' selection for a full session, that's will be more convenient for the customer

Note: If somebody can find a trick to keep the 'grid view' selection for a full session, that's will be more convenient for the customer

as I said:

If you want to display grid as default theme you have to modify your .css for the default display and modify listorgridswitch.css for the alternate display.

Not all is given, you have to work a little on your css !!! :)

Hey how can i fix the pagination in grid view. It gets messed up.

For the pagination going up, you have to add a clear: both in your css for it

Hello

Well, maybe I do not express myself correctly...

I absolutely agree that modify "listorgridswitch.css" for the alternate display is the solution to meet my display preference (in my case: list view)... but the button "switch view" is a option to satisfy the customer display preference for a full session.

By the way, it's a nice module.

Bye

Takio

Génial, un grand merci pour ce partage, fonctionnement clair et facile à intègrer !

Est-ce qu'on pourrait imaginer l'étendre aux pages nouveaux produits, meilleures ventes, etc ? j'ai un peu cherché mais n'ai pas trouvé où ajouter la classe

Great, thank you very much for sharing, running clear and easy to integrate!

Do we imagine could be extended to pages new products, best sellers, etc.? I just tried but could not find where to add the class

(Google translator)

Cant thank you enough i have been searching for this for ages .

Well done give this guy a promotion lol :D

Do we imagine could be extended to pages new products, best sellers,

Good idea

EDIT: this can easily done

but the button "switch view" is a option to satisfy the customer display preference for a full session.

Yes it could be better to switch for a full session, now it's working only for 1 page

This module could be improved, these features could be added, list or grid or grid or list choice coud be set on bo and perhaps other ideas... but I'm not developer, I did my best.

If a developer would like to improve it, he's welcome :)

Hi. i have prestashop 1.4.5.1 with the theme Pres1a but this not work for me.

i activated the plugin and made the modifications.

category.tpl

{if $products}
{include file="$tpl_dir./product-sort.tpl"}

{include file="$tpl_dir./product-list.tpl" products=$products}
{include file="$tpl_dir./pagination.tpl"}
  {elseif !isset($subcategories)}
<p class="warning">{l s='There are no products in this category.'}</p>
  {/if}

product-list.tpl

{if isset($products)}
<!-- Products list -->
<ul id="product_list" class="clear def_view">
{foreach from=$products item=product name=products}
 <li class="ajax_block_product {if $smarty.foreach.products.first}first_item{elseif $smarty.foreach.products.last}last_item{/if} {if $smarty.foreach.products.index % 2}alternate_item{else}item{/if} clearfix">
  <div class="center_block">

can you helpme please?

Di you clear smarty compile folder? or set force compile in BO

You can easily add the same feature in new products list and prices drop list:

Simply add the same line

at the same place (below {include file="$tpl_dir./product-sort.tpl"}in new-products.tpl, prices-drop.tpl

But remove in listorgridswitch.tpl :

{if $page_name == category}

and {/if}

or download new archive

Hi Jovil !

It's very nice module, thank you for your contribution to PS community. I'm using PS 1.3.1.1, how I can divide to 5 columns or as many I like but not 3 as default (please look at my homefeature http://24hurt.eu). Some pages has problem with pagination, some pages are ok, please help me how to repair it ? http://24hurt.eu/90-bluzy-koszule-z-turcji-wloch-chin-hurtownia

Thank you.

Di you clear smarty compile folder? or set force compile in BO

Thanks so much, i set force in the BO.

BO > Preferences > Performance > Force Compile > Yes

PrestaShop™ 1.4.5.1

Hi Jovil !

It's very nice module, thank you for your contribution to PS community. I'm using PS 1.3.1.1, how I can divide to 5 columns or as many I like but not 3 as default (please look at my homefeature http://24hurt.eu). Some pages has problem with pagination, some pages are ok, please help me how to repair it ? http://24hurt.eu/90-...-chin-hurtownia

Thank you.

maybe is a temporal solution, but why no change the amount products to display in 9 or 12

Back Office > Preferences > Products

You can easily add the same feature in new products list and prices drop list: Simply add the same line

at the same place (below {include file="$tpl_dir./product-sort.tpl"}in new-products.tpl, prices-drop.tpl But remove in listorgridswitch.tpl : {if $page_name == category} and {/if} or download new archive

Great !

You can easily add the same feature in new products list and prices drop list:

at the same place (below {include file="$tpl_dir./product-sort.tpl"}in new-products.tpl, prices-drop.tpl

finally a better place to put this code is product-sort.tpl, this way we need to put it in only one file tu use it with all products lists. module will be improved this way

• Like 1

Updated v1.2: now works with all products lists adding the switcher code only in product-sort.tpl (don't need to put in category.tpl, new-products.tpl, prices-drop.tpl....).

Only a little alignment problem with Explorer, if someone can help to solve it...

Hi, I am new to prestashop but know how to install modules, I have uploaded this module but cant see it on the module list? what is it called when its installed? Or do I have to make changes to tpl before it shows on module list?

Sorry to be a pain..

Hello

After unzip the module, and before upload it by FTP, did extract the "listorgridswitch" module from his file?

Yes !?! Well... check twice to be sure... :P

Bye

Takio

• Like 1

Hello

After unzip the module, and before upload it by FTP, did extract the "listorgridswitch" module from his file?

Yes !?! Well... check twice to be sure... :P

Bye

Takio

Thanks for your help.

Hi, Got this working, but when it goes to grid view all gets messed up.

Help...

post-302526-0-81967300-1321646161_thumb.png

post-302526-0-82477300-1321646288_thumb.png

Hi, Got this working, but when it goes to grid view all gets messed up.

You don't use the Prestashop default theme, you must adapt css for your theme.

Try with Prestashop theme first !

Hi thanks for this module

but

this module dont show discount amount of products or show "sale" on the products of sale to diffrent of other products.

Solved : on last line of css remove the "display: none".

Hi,

Can this module work together with module Filter Search 2.1 community edition, it means we can modify "switch view" and "newest, names a-z, name z-a, lowest price, highest prices" in the same tab and worked. In my case, the function "switch view" disappear when I choose sub category. Please see my site

You don't use the Prestashop default theme, you must adapt css for your theme.

Try with Prestashop theme first !

Thanks, but as I mentioned I am new to this so please could you tell which css to change, in which folder is this in?

thanks again

Yes ! to have grid as default view you must change your current settings in css file to have a grid view and modify listorgrid.css to display your page as a list.

This can be done too in listorgrid.css only adding def_view class for the default view and sw_wiew class for the switched view.

Can someone tell us if the module woorks correctly and which is the latest version. Does the pagination been solved? Is there a way to establish in the BO the default grid view instead of changing the code files??? We have the isimple theme with 4 columns as the default theme. Do you think it will work also?

tested OK with 1.4.6.2 but you must modify css to adapt with your personal theme

Hi,

How i can do to when i change to grid view, this module obtain class (css) from "homefeatured"?

Yes ! to have grid as default view you must change your current settings in css file to have a grid view and modify listorgrid.css to display your page as a list. This can be done too in listorgrid.css only adding def_view class for the default view and sw_wiew class for the switched view.

I would be greateful if someone could give an example of how the css instructions to change should look like. I can just do basic things such as installing prestashop and do some slight modifications.

NEW ! version 1.7 is done . Now you don't need to make any modification on files, module is going to do it on install and display choice is kept all along customer visit. A great thanks to Doekia who makes it possible.

Its amazing in prestahop original theme but don't work in new theme prestashop 1.4.5.1 :(

css must be adapted for non default Prestashop theme, you can do it ! ;)

and why not post it there ! css file is listorgridswitch.css in module folder

NEW ! version 1.7 is done . Now you don't need to make any modification on files, module is going to do it on install and display choice is kept all along customer visit. A great thanks to Doekia who makes it possible.

It look good. It would be great if it was possible to chose a default configuration (grid or list) from module BO.

Sorry. Please disregard my previous editions of this comment.

It look good. It would be great if it was possible to chose a default configuration (grid or list) from module BO.

Sorry. Please disregard my previous editions of this comment.

Yes it would be great but we don't plan to add this feature.

You can have grid by default modifying product-list css and listorgridswitch.css, this is what I did for my own shop and it works fine.

Je suis pas assez doué pour avoir une vue par défaut en grille juste en rajoutant des class dans listorgridswitch.css.

Par contre je vois comment faire en modifiant les 2 css

Merci :)

Apparently has compatibility issues with IE 9, I tested with the original theme of PS 1.4.6.2 and conflicts with the Blocktopmenu. :(

Apparently has compatibility issues with IE 9, I tested with the original theme of PS 1.4.6.2 and conflicts with the Blocktopmenu. :(

Do you mean Blocktopmenu by Julien Breux, Ithink this module is working with 1.3 but not 1.4, or perhaps you use blocktopmenu adapted for 1.5 new theme.

I didn't test on IE9, are they other person having trouble with IE9 or other browsers, I noticed it's not working on IE6

Yes i refer to this menu that contain the new theme of prestashop, but curiosly too have advanced top menu and is the samm problem, i wanna use this module, What you recomend for best performance in all browsers?

Hi jolvil

In the category page works fine, but when you do a search does not look right, I think it's just a small detail with a class.

I do not know what the problem with me but I can not see in IE, I can only see it in Chrome, Firefox and Safari, I have not checked in another browser. sorry my english

Hi, this module have a error in search page, prices-drop.php and best-sales.php, and i don't see in IE 9, just only show Switch View but can't be clicked.

No error for me in search page, prices-drop.php and best-sales.php

did you make this modification in listorgridswitch.js? this solve the Explorer IE6, IE7 issue, (not tested on IE9)

jQuery.ajax({
	type: 'POST',
	url: baseDir + 'modules/listorgridswitch/listorgridswitch.php',
	async: false,
	cache: false,
	type : "POST",
	dataType : "json",
	data: { listorgridajax: true, listorgridmode: (mode?0:1) },
	success: function(jsonData)
	{
	  return;
	}
 });
 return false;

With prestashop_new theme it doe not work on 1.4.6.2

Hi jolvil, sorry for the post in french treath, i have make the modification and doesn't work for me in best-sales or search page, im using the New theme prestashop, if you can do a little check mi page is http://www.cotoko.com/best-sales.php

Can someone help me please.

I would like to diplay the long description in the list view and the short description in grid view.

What is the code for product-list.tpl? Now I have

{if $listorgridmode == 1} ..... {else} ... {/if}...

But that doesn't work.

Thx for the help

Jus add this code in product-list.tpl fo you theme:

Change the value of truncate to fit your need

{if $listorgridmode == 1}
   <p class="product_desc"><a href="{$product.link|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" title="{$product.description|truncate:760:'...'|strip_tags:'UTF-8'|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}">{$product.description|truncate:750:'...'|strip_tags:'UTF-8'}</a></p>

{else}
   <p class="product_desc2"><a href="{$product.link|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" title="{$product.description_short|truncate:360:'...'|strip_tags:'UTF-8'|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}">{$product.description_short|truncate:75:'...'|strip_tags:'UTF-8'}</a></p>
   {/if}

And you can edit style adding this code in listorgridswitch.css of de module:

ul.sw_view#product_list li p.product_desc a {
color: #5A5A5A;
font-size: 11px;
padding:0;
margin: 0;
display:block;
width: 75%;
float: left;
}
ul.sw_view#product_list li p.product_desc2 a {
color: #5A5A5A;
font-size: 13px;
padding:0;
margin: 0;
display:block;
width: 75%;
float: left;
}

How to display grid as defaut view has been added to first post.

The easiest way with PS1.4 is to use override Cookie.php joined to first post.

It was solved with the help of the French forum.

product-list.tpl:

<p class="product_desc"><a href="{$product.link|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" title="{$product.description|truncate:760:'...'|strip_tags:'UTF-8'|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}">{$product.description|truncate:750:'...'|strip_tags:'UTF-8'}</a></p>

<p class="product_desc2"><a href="{$product.link|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" title="{$product.description_short|truncate:360:'...'|strip_tags:'UTF-8'|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}">{$product.description_short|truncate:75:'...'|strip_tags:'UTF-8'}</a></p>

And in the 2 css just ad: display block or display none when you would like to see them.

So: No If statement.

Just say in css "show" or "hide"

i got it working after cleaning the smarty compiling map.

but i got another problem now.

the product boxes are not on the right place in grid view

you can see in the attached file

anybody know how i can fix this?

also i like to know to get more than 2 boxes in grid view.

thanks

Hi Guy.,., firstly... dam great job on this mod.

I've installed it. working great and its displaying 4 products per line in the grid. Can someone help only display 3?

cant seem to figure it out. I'm on 1.3.7

Thought I might update you guys.

I realised that using CSS i can force based on size there only being 3 products being displayed.

To get the grid layout to load in default I added sw_view into the product-list.tpl module here:

<ul id="product_list" class="clear sw_view">

This way it loads automatically. I know.. I'm hacking but to get prestashop were I need it alot of hacking has been done...

I've removed the icon enabling the users to switch displays so the customer would never know the difference... :)

Hello chetwyn, i have installed this module but have a little problem, i think with css from my theme, i use the new them prestashop 1.4.5, can see here, the problem is in sort-list, best-sales or search result don't show fine, in product-list i can see very well, anything category show very well, can you halp me?

This my store

Thought I might update you guys.

I realised that using CSS i can force based on size there only being 3 products being displayed.

To get the grid layout to load in default I added sw_view into the product-list.tpl module here:

<ul id="product_list" class="clear sw_view">

This way it loads automatically. I know.. I'm hacking but to get prestashop were I need it alot of hacking has been done...

I've removed the icon enabling the users to switch displays so the customer would never know the difference...

Using this module to display product list only as a grid and removing the switcher is a poor idea, you could modify product list css in your global.css and it could be done easily.

Hello, Great module

but I am working on a new website, I installed presta 1.4.6.1. Installed the list grid module. For the products in grid view it works fine. But when I klik on 'manufacturers' in the left column, the right column will be placed underneath the manufacturers (in dutch: fabrikanten) list in the center column, here,s the url: http://kiekeboe-shop.com/manufacturer.php

I have tried some margin and padding, but it does not seem to work.......

Thanks

Hi,

I have installed the module, thanks a lot jolvil for this one, on localhost wamp and the only problem I have is the fact that pagination is not working anymore, not being clickable.

Any solution fo this ?

Regards,

EDIT : I noticed that some of the links are working some redirecting to the right place some not, for ex clicking on the "<<" to go to first listing page is redirecting to previous instead.

Product display are set to 9 and the them is derived from default but simplified.

In post#7 I've seen that I should have clear: both in .css, it is probably about global.css and pagination.tpl section but where to add it ?

Bonjour,

est-il possible d'avor une ancienne version du module car, impossible de faire fonctionner la version 1.7 avec l'intégration automatique. J'avais essayé en manuel sur la première version et ça marchait help !

cdt,

edit: la version 1.2 si possible

No error for me in search page, prices-drop.php and best-sales.php

did you make this modification in listorgridswitch.js? this solve the Explorer IE6, IE7 issue, (not tested on IE9)

jQuery.ajax({
	type: 'POST',
	url: baseDir + 'modules/listorgridswitch/listorgridswitch.php',
	async: false,
	cache: false,
	type : "POST",
	dataType : "json",
	data: { listorgridajax: true, listorgridmode: (mode?0:1) },
	success: function(jsonData)
	{
	  return;
	}
 });
 return false;

Can i use this adaption for my site?

http://homeshop.rushnetworks.dk/category.php?id_category=90

I use the new Prestashop template and Prestashop 1.4.5.1

Can i use this adaption for my site?

http://homeshop.rushnetworks.dk/category.php?id_category=90

I use the new Prestashop template and Prestashop 1.4.5.1

I have some post request this without result, the problem with New theme is some "<div>" in category.tpl, but if you delete this, the page does little distort.

If you need this, please let me know

I have some post request this without result, the problem with New theme is some "<div>" in category.tpl, but if you delete this, the page does little distort.

If you need this, please let me know

I'm trying to implement the function atm. Have you found a solution ?

In category.tpl locate "{if $products}" and delete or commnent this line below:

<div class="content_sortPagiBar">
<div class="sortPagiBar clearfix">

Also delete or comment the "</div>" corresponding to the previous.

In prices-drop.tpl, best-sales.tpl, search.tpl & new-products.tpl, delete or comment the same lines.

In category.tpl locate "{if $products}" and delete or commnent this line below:

<div class="content_sortPagiBar">
<div class="sortPagiBar clearfix">

Also delete or comment the "</div>" corresponding to the previous.

In prices-drop.tpl, best-sales.tpl, search.tpl & new-products.tpl, delete or comment the same lines.

I'm starting to feel a little silly. I'm using prestashop_new and I know there needs to be some changes to files/css...

I'm not having any luck with the changes working. The view wouldn't change. My Compare Button changed colors. My "Sort By" drop down menu shifted to the left side of the column.

I'm sure I'm just missing a small (hopefully) step. I'd love to get this module working as it seems like just the thing I'm looking for.

Thanks

Hi, i can´t get this to work. Testing it in a fresh installed testshop v 1.4.6.2. The switch appear but nothing happens when you try to switch. I have clean the cache an even set to forcecompile but still no effect.

I installed the "cookie" and then you can se grid is selected but the products line up as a list (se attached pic).

Does anybody have an clue of why it´s not working?

post-261469-0-80264400-1327183830_thumb.png

Hi, i can´t get this to work. Testing it in a fresh installed testshop v 1.4.6.2. The switch appear but nothing happens when you try to switch. I have clean the cache an even set to forcecompile but still no effect.

I installed the "cookie" and then you can se grid is selected but the products line up as a list (se attached pic).

Does anybody have an clue of why it´s not working?

Unfortunately this module does not work with the new theme prestashop, remplace attached files on your theme and it will work perfectly, the problem is that little out of position in top.

Let me know if you can do that

tpl_corregidos.zip

Hi, i replaced the files whit the one you provided but still no luck. Any other tip?

I have the "new theme" in my liveshop and i have been looking for this kind of module so i would be greatful if this would work.

/Jimi

Hi, i replaced the files whit the one you provided but still no luck. Any other tip?

I have the "new theme" in my liveshop and i have been looking for this kind of module so i would be greatful if this would work.

/Jimi

I have the same problem here: http://homeshop.rushnetworks.dk/category.php?id_category=379

Also did all the thinks as mentioned above

I have the "new theme" in my liveshop and i have been looking for this kind of module so i would be greatful if this would w

/Jimi

Are you sure dont work?, you need activate force compile to see the change.

Hi, i have tested with force compile and even cache clean but no results.

/Jimi

Can you tell me which version of this module you are using and what version of prestashop?

The Module is 1.7 and the testshop 1.4.6.2 (fresh install).

It works with org theme but still not with new prestashop theme.

/Jimi

The Module is 1.7 and the testshop 1.4.6.2 (fresh install).

It works with org theme but still not with new prestashop theme.

/Jimi

I think you problem is product-sort.tpl, please remplace attached files in your theme "prestashop_new", this should fix the problem, remember force compile.

tpl_for_new_theme.zip

I have installed the module and everything works except that it shows the wrong background color in the "New" box, it should be green but it´s now white.

When I select list it will show the correct color.

Does anyone have suggestions how I fix it?

I am using PrestaShop 1.4.5.1 with the old theme

dcc8xw.jpg

//Mattias

I think you problem is product-sort.tpl, please remplace attached files in your theme "prestashop_new", this should fix the problem, remember force compile.

All ok with this files on new_theme (1.4.6.2) except category listing. Here is allways list view and change to grid not possible.

I have now tried with the attached files but still no luck. You can switch between the buttons but the list remains.

Se attached pictures.

Any other solutions?

post-261469-0-35856200-1327661057_thumb.png

post-261469-0-91599600-1327661088_thumb.png

Hello,

Sorry my english is not very Good ,-)

I hope you can understand me.

I have follow problem. The Modul List or grid Modul work good.

How can I set the module, the page appears when calling the same the other view? Without that, I must use this button to change to the view. Thanks Thanks for your help

I have now tried with the attached files but still no luck. You can switch between the buttons but the list remains.

Se attached pictures.

Any other solutions?

If you use the original tpl than i put here, i think you problem now is the css product-list.css and maybe global.css. try to use the original css from original theme, and have a look if work please.

Hello,

Sorry my english is not very Good ,-)

I hope you can understand me.

I have follow problem. The Modul List or grid Modul work good.

How can I set the module, the page appears when calling the same the other view? Without that, I must use this button to change to the view. Thanks Thanks for your help

Really sorry, I have no idea what you're trying to ask