[FREE MODULE] Category Quantity Discount -Apply Quantity Discounts across all products in a category

I just downloaded your module because it seems to correspond to my expectations, but once installed in the soundtrack of my shop is what it appears.

4100-9653.jpg

what should I do because I do not see instructions with the module.

Thank you for the response (preferably French)

Numismeuros

Quelqu'un peut-il répondre en français ce que je dois faire car je ne comprends pas l'anglais et de passer par google traduction n'est pas aisé

A ce que je peux constater, le forum de prestashop est très égoïste :( . Tu as un soucis, tu dois te démerder seul ou bien abandonner.

Merci la communauté et le concepteur de ce module qui pourtant semble parfait :angry:

Edited by numismeuros (see edit history)

A ce que je peux constater, le forum de prestashop est très égoïste :( . Tu as un soucis, tu dois te démerder seul ou bien abandonner.

Merci la communauté et le concepteur de ce module qui pourtant semble parfait :angry:

Tout d'abord les membres du forum n'ont aucune obligation, les renseignements sont donnés à titre gracieux et gentiment, alors je n'aime pas trop votre commentaire.

Ce qui est indiqué c'est qu'il faut copier le fichier Product.php dans le dossier /override/classes/ sans quoi la ligne apparait en rouge et indique que le module ne peut pas fonctionner.

Please Help me, Im using Category Quantity Discount with PS 1.4.8. The problem is when Im assign the category ID to be discounted,all the features work fine but.the reduced price for 1pc is not showing eg OLD PRICE AND REDUCED PRICE(WITH STROKE) are same..and the product page the OLD PRICE is showing. Please help me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

PatriceVigier solution works great. Tested with 1.5.3

Since he is posting the code directly on the post, some html special characters are messing up the code.

So, to avoid this problem, you can get the same code (without bad characters) here:

Product.php

http://pastebin.com/U8Lf9BEK

Edited by mysticav (see edit history)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, about OLD PRICE AND REDUCED PRICE(WITH STROKE) not showing is related with this IF statement in product.tpl:

{if $priceDisplay >= 0 && $priceDisplay <= 2}

when you delete the if it shows reduced price correctly but any time. There is shomething from module crashing with it

Somebody fixed that?

One more note, if you are using the latest PS 1.5.4.1, make sure to delete cache/class_index.php so the override file will be used (Due to a PS bug, it does not get refreshed)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Thank you for this free module. It works great with PS1.5.4.1

Is there however a way to get it work cross-categories ?

By that I mean have the discount apply when combining xx products from category A with xx products from category B?

What would need to be changed in the getRealQuantity function for that?

I tried to change it with

global $cart;

if (!is_object($cart))

return $quantity;

return $cart->nbProducts();

as suggested in a previous post , but it seems it was a turn around for PS 1.4.8 that does not work on 1.5

Thank you.

tomerg3,

firstly thanks for this module it is just what we need....

However, I cant get it to work :unsure:

I have uploaded the file, and the check is in green.

I have applied a discount to our apple and our banana liquids, in the "All No-Match" Category.

I have added category 25 to your module.

I have also deleted the cache/class_index.php file, and it has recreated it fine.

However, I still need to add 5 apple, or 5 banana to get the price to reduce.

Please could you help.

url: http://www.no-match....o-match-liquids

Thanks

Ray

Edited by MerseyRay (see edit history)

^ I have had to disable your module, and reapply the cart rule I had set up for the time being.

When I find out what the problem with your module on my shop it, I will re-enable it again.

(It is a live shop)

Thanks

Does anybody have any clue as to why this categoryquantitydiscount module wont work for me ?

I enabled the module, and the check shows in green.

I applied a discount of "5 or more of this product, cost of product is reduced from £4.99 to £4"

I applied this to two products (A & B) in the same category.

I deleted the cached file, and prestashop recreated it fine.

The problem is, I have to add 5 of product A, or 5 of product B to get that one products to be discounted.

I thought it should be, add 2 x Product A & 3 x Product B, then the discount should work ?

Im not sure what im missing here.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Ray

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Tomerg,

thanks for shareing this great module. I find it very useful.

But it looks that updated version (1.2) does not work well with PS 1.5.6.1

It was OK until I did't assign category/categories to the module. After that, front page does not load. I tried several times and always without success.

For information, I was using this module with previous shop version (1.4.8) and eveythnig worked well.

Please check screens:

http://sdrv.ms/1inR02A

http://sdrv.ms/1jo0Z8v

Thanks for checking.

Tomaz 

Edited by tomitos (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

To make It work on 1.5.6.1, you must downgrade the code of the file in class product.php.

Line 2514 replace :

if ((int)$id_cart)
{
$cache_id = 'Product::getPriceStatic_'.(int)$id_product.'-'.(int)$id_cart;
if (!Cache::isStored($cache_id))
$sql = 'SELECT SUM(`quantity`)
FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'cart_product`
WHERE `id_product` = '.(int)$id_product.'
AND `id_cart` = '.(int)$id_cart;
$cart_quantity = (int)Db::getInstance(_PS_USE_SQL_SLAVE_)->getValue($sql);
Cache::store($cache_id, $cart_quantity);
}
$cart_quantity = Cache::retrieve($cache_id);
}

by

if ((int)$id_cart)
{
$condition = '';
$cache_name = (int)$id_cart.'_'.(int)$id_product;
if (!isset(self::$_cart_quantity[$cache_name]) || self::$_cart_quantity[$cache_name] != (int)$quantity)
self::$_cart_quantity[$cache_name] = Db::getInstance(_PS_USE_SQL_SLAVE_)->getValue('
SELECT SUM(`quantity`)
AND `id_cart` = '.(int)$id_cart);
$cart_quantity = self::$_cart_quantity[$cache_name];
}

I takes me hours to find this solution, now I have to find a way to adjust that through override... 
An other day !

Jeff
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Jeff for your effort. Somehow if works only partly - works well (category dicsount works) if you browse from product to product. 

But it breaks when you woul like to open a category site (procucts list). 

When I would like to open a category it doise not load anything - blank site

Any Idea what needs to be changed?

Debugging shows:

( ! ) Fatal error: Call to undefined method Product::getProductsImgs() in

C:\wamp\www\mydomain\override\controllers\front\CategoryController.php on line 18

Call Stack # Time Memory Function Location

1 0.0025 258864 {main}( ) ..\index.php:0

2 0.3707 7371928 DispatcherCore->dispatch( ) ..\index.php:28

3 0.3843 8055720 ControllerCore->run( ) ..\Dispatcher.php:348

4 0.4664 12248296 CategoryController->initContent( ) ..\Controller.php:167

Edited by tomitos (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

To make It work on 1.5.6.1, you must downgrade the code of the file in class product.php.

Line 2514 replace :

if ((int)$id_cart)
{
$cache_id = 'Product::getPriceStatic_'.(int)$id_product.'-'.(int)$id_cart;
if (!Cache::isStored($cache_id))
$sql = 'SELECT SUM(`quantity`)
AND `id_cart` = '.(int)$id_cart;
$cart_quantity = (int)Db::getInstance(_PS_USE_SQL_SLAVE_)->getValue($sql);
Cache::store($cache_id, $cart_quantity);
}
$cart_quantity = Cache::retrieve($cache_id);
}

by

if ((int)$id_cart)
{
$condition = '';
$cache_name = (int)$id_cart.'_'.(int)$id_product;
if (!isset(self::$_cart_quantity[$cache_name]) || self::$_cart_quantity[$cache_name] != (int)$quantity)
self::$_cart_quantity[$cache_name] = Db::getInstance(_PS_USE_SQL_SLAVE_)->getValue('
SELECT SUM(`quantity`)
AND `id_cart` = '.(int)$id_cart);
$cart_quantity = self::$_cart_quantity[$cache_name];
}

I takes me hours to find this solution, now I have to find a way to adjust that through override... 
An other day !

Jeff

Thanks it works with 1.5.6.2

• 1 month later...

Thank you!  :)  Category Quantity Discount 1.2 works in Prestashop v1.5.4  ---- 

Just to let everyone know my red line did not turn green after putting in the override file, it stayed red but the module still works, YAY!. Make sure you  delete the file "class_index.php" in cache folder to clear cache for override.  which is a known bug in 1.5.4 ... anytime you put in an override, that file should be deleted so the override works in 1.5.4. heres the link for that info

Edited by Never_give_up (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!! 

I would like to use  this module for a project but I am using last Prestashop version 1.6.0.6, when are you going to release the last version or it is possible to upgrade a single file to make it work?

Thanks in advance!

Mimo

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have installed the 1.6 version, but it says the following.

• The line below will appear in RED until you copy the modified file, it will turn GREEN after you copy the file and reload the page.

• Copy /module/categoryquantitydiscount/modified_1.6.0/override/classes/Product.php      to      /override/classes/

• If you already have Product.php in /override/classes/ you will need to copy or merge the "getPriceStatic()" function from our modified file.

As I understand from the message, i have to copy product.php from the described location and place and leave it in the same location so there is no change.

So could you please explain what I am doing wrong.

thank you

Hi,

I have installed the 1.6 version, but it says the following.

• The line below will appear in RED until you copy the modified file, it will turn GREEN after you copy the file and reload the page.
  •  
  • Copy /module/categoryquantitydiscount/modified_1.6.0/override/classes/Product.php      to      /override/classes/
  •  
  • If you already have Product.php in /override/classes/ you will need to copy or merge the "getPriceStatic()" function from our modified file.

As I understand from the message, i have to copy product.php from the described location and place and leave it in the same location so there is no change.

So could you please explain what I am doing wrong.

thank you

You  are rigth Microame.

I had the same problem, and I wrote to PrestoChangeo (I :wub: love them!) and they sent me the following:

"Please clean your cache/class_index.php file and let us know if this solves this issue. In order to clean the file you must delete the file : /cache/class_index.php 

Please give it a try and let us know how it works.

If this does not solve the issue please recheck Backoffice account data because we are unable to login with the provided credentials and also send us FTP account data."

and Voila!!! it was solved!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Thank you for this free module. It works great with PS1.5.4.1

Is there however a way to get it work cross-categories ?

By that I mean have the discount apply when combining xx products from category A with xx products from category B?

What would need to be changed in the getRealQuantity function for that?

I tried to change it with

global $cart;

if (!is_object($cart))

return $quantity;

return $cart->nbProducts();

as suggested in a previous post , but it seems it was a turn around for PS 1.4.8 that does not work on 1.5

Thank you.

Hi, I'm looking for the same solution. To have discount with products belonging to different categories.

Thanks

Ciao

Bruno

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure I really understand how to configure this module. It's installed and showing green, but i'm not sure where you enter the discounts? I installed it thinking I would be able to enter the discounts(10%,15%, 20%, etc) once, and apply it to the whole category without having to go into each product and enter the discount. Can anybody tell me where I would do that? Or Is that not what this module does?

I'm not sure I really understand how to configure this module. It's installed and showing green, but i'm not sure where you enter the discounts? I installed it thinking I would be able to enter the discounts(10%,15%, 20%, etc) once, and apply it to the whole category without having to go into each product and enter the discount. Can anybody tell me where I would do that? Or Is that not what this module does?

Well, 

This module works using the specific prices of the products. Let me give you and example:

You have ProductA price 100 for buying one and 80 for buying 6 and ProcuctB price 200 if you buy one and 160 if you buy 6. If you want to people get the lower price for any combination of ProductA + ProductB major or equal  to 6 ( eg. buying 3 ProductA+ 3 ProductB), then you must:

a) Create an specific price for buying 6 products A, price 80

B) the same for Product B, price 160

c) Assign two product in the same category

d) Configure the category previously assigned in the Module Configuration

e) Clear the cache

Ready!

When your clients put on cart any combination of both product major or equal to 6, then both prices will change to lower price

is that you need?

Kisses!

hello, 

I installed the 1.3 version of this module on the latest version of prestashop 1.6.08. 
I entered the product A and set it to 6 qty the price goes from 13 to 10. 
I entered the product B and set it to 6 qty price from 27 to 20. 

If I insert 6 products product A changes the price of the product only A. 
If I insert 6 products product B changes the price of one product B. 
Everything right up to here. 

I went into the configuration of the module and I added the category to which they belong Products A and B 

Cache cleared. Compilation made​​. 

Problem:
When I insert 3 products 3 products A and B. .. the price does not change ... why?

THanks!
Daniele
Edited by ddt81 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I'm running this module and it does its job great!

Now I'd love to be able to let my costumers know their discounted price if they buy 3 items, or 6 items, right on the product page.

Something close to the printscreen attached.

Is this possible? Can someone help?post-812594-0-58205900-1406945689_thumb.png

found solution using the module from same developer: "quantities discount"

Edited by Helder Marques (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic, this module does EXACTLY what we needed to do, and whilst the text in the back office doesn't turn green, once we'd cleared the cache file, it works fine in the shop.

Nice one, many thanks!

Hi guys, I'm running this module and it does its job great!

Now I'd love to be able to let my costumers know their discounted price if they buy 3 items, or 6 items, right on the product page.

Something close to the printscreen attached.

Is this possible? Can someone help?attachicon.gifdiscounted prices.png

found solution using the module from same developer: "quantities discount"

you can use this...

Quantity Discounts v1.2.8 - by Presto-Changeo

Display quantity discounts in a more visible location.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Tomerg, I'm on Presta 1.5.5 - I've copied/module/categoryquantitydiscount/modified_1.5.5/override/classes/Product.php to      /override/classes/ but the line of text in the back-end  does not turn green, it remains in red. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks...

• 3 weeks later...

EDIT: i restored a full backup, ignore

i get this when trying to load my site, any ideas as it is just pointing to this module.

Warning: include_once(/home/darthvap/public_html/override/classes/shop../../../modules/categoryquantitydiscount/categoryquantitydiscount.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/darthvap/public_html/override/classes/shop/Product.php on line 138

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/darthvap/public_html/override/classes/shop../../../modules/categoryquantitydiscount/categoryquantitydiscount.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in/home/darthvap/public_html/override/classes/shop/Product.php on line 138

Fatal error: Class 'CategoryQuantityDiscount' not found in /home/darthvap/public_html/override/classes/shop/Product.php on line 139

Edited by mrhill32 (see edit history)

The module doesnt work for me on 1.6.0.6. (Not even after cleared cache).

I installed the module wich worked fine and the module removes the listing of the discount in the product page but nothing else works...

Any clues?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, thank you very much for this module.
I have only one small problem, the current setting is a discount of 3% to 10 pieces, but the percentage is wrong even if the count is correct. This happens when I click on + or - , but if I refresh the page, the percentage returns to be correct.
My prestashop version is 1.6.0.9
The only change I made in categoryquantitydiscount.php (and that is not the cause of the problem because it was before the modify) is as follows:
public function getRealQuantity ($ id_product, $ id_cart, $ quantity)
{
     global $ cart;
     if (! is_object ($ cart))
     return $ quantity;
     return $ cart-> nbProducts ();

How can I fix this percentage problem?
Thank you very much
Best regards
Stefano

• 3 months later...

I can look into adding it to a future version.

Hi tomerg3,

I'm in the same position of this user, I need to have this discount in ALL categories in shop, for all products. Do you have any tips?

(We're "batch downloadable product" happy customers :)  )

Thanks,

• 1 month later...
Hello

I think the module "category-quantity-discount-apply-quantity-discounts-across-all-products-in-a-category" is not working has expected in my store.

I've setup a Catalog Rule for more than 3 itens of a given group, and enabled the module. Catalog Rules make a specific price on all the products, so it's much easier.

The discount applyes on 3 units of the same product, has usual in PS, but not when it is 1 of one an 2 of other or 2 of each, for example. If i make 3 + 1 ir only applies to the the one that has 3.

Am i doing anything wrong? Or do i really have to setup the specific price product by product?

Also, i have one doubt, can i setup diferent discounts and quantities for diferent categories at the same time??

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm trying to use this module, it could save me a lot of time, if working .. :]

Prestashop 1.6.0.14, Category Quantity Discount V1.3. Installation without problems, I copied requested file, line is green.

I have category ID, after input it and update nothing happens ..

Am I doing someting wrong, or there is no support for this PS version? Maybe I don't understand 'the logic' of this module, I supposed that after entering category ID I can set up requested discounts ..

Screenshots:

9f5202279cdf47afd19e6253a9f43d94.jpg

3ffa5d9d2f9c8d384c50cc191c189f36.jpg

Thanks for help! :]

• 2 weeks later...

How to make this work for all products in your store - workaround.

1. Install Category Quantity Discount module as instructed
  2. Create a new product category i.e. "Discount" make a note of the category ID number
  3. Uncheck the box for the Displayed status of this category (you don't need customers to see it)
  4. For every product you wish quantity discount to apply to, associate each product with the "Discount" category (as well as it's current category) 
  5. Open the configuration for Category Quantity Discount module, put the ID number of your "Discount category in the box and click [update]
  6. From Price Rules>Catalog Price Rules add a new price rule
  7. Enter a name, the required quantity for discount, select percentage or amount and fill in the actual discount in Reduction box (don't put a percent sign just a number)
  8. Click Save, make sure you refresh your front end web store page before testing.

You can add more than one quantity discount if you wish - see our web site http://not-square-eyed.com to test it out, the discount is shown in the Cart.

> Don't forget to associate every new product you add with the "Discount" category.

Hope this helps someone.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. I've used this module before, and it worked great. Now, it has suddenly stopped working - i haven't changed anything. Does somebody know how to fix this? I'm using Prestashop 1.5.6.1 and Category Quantity Discount 1.3  :)

• 2 months later...

Hi. I've used this module before, and it worked great. Now, it has suddenly stopped working - i haven't changed anything. Does somebody know how to fix this? I'm using Prestashop 1.5.6.1 and Category Quantity Discount 1.3  :)

Don't forget to remove cache/class_index.php file then refresh the home page (press CTRL+F5) and new file of class_index.php will be created automatically

So customized override class file will now work, tested on www.nuratina.com/shop

Edited by masdhona (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

i just updated to 1.6.1.1 and i have this message : This version of Prestahsop is not yet supported by the module.

Someone know what we have to modify for make it compatible ? I really need it

Thank's to the community

• 1 month later...

@tomerg3

I have downloaded the module, but when I try to install it with the back panel, the module do not install. I got a OK msg, but the module is not at module list. I check the module folder with FTP, and there is no folder called categoryquantitydiscounts.

If I upload the folder manually to the prestashop module folder, when I check at the prestashop module list is not there.

What can I do?

Thanks!

P.D: PS version 1.6.0.14 :)

Edited by Zuzoto (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have contacted with PrestoChange and they sent me a working file, now it's working perfect, installation and configuration ok.

The only problem is the line that it's supposed to turn green color, in my case it is not happening, but the module works and discounts are working.

• 1 month later...

If v.1.4 not showing anywhere in modules, check the name of folder on ftp it is "categoryquantitydiscounts" after change to "categoryquantitydiscount" it is ok.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am having a problem,  the quantity discounted price is not displaying the additional 5% customer group discount. 

Any ideas how this can be fixed?

Thank  you

• 5 weeks later...

Hello, I just installed version 1.4 of the module, and installed it on my Prestashop 1.6.1.4. I can see it on my Modules and can enable it, but though I have copied the Product.php to the /override/classes folder, the line hasn't changed to green nor the discount works.

I would like to try the copy/merging code line, but don't really understand what I have to modify...

SOLVED: Just had to remove the cache/class_index.php file. Now it's working great, thank you anyway!!

Edited by iohr474 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

I installed the module and replaced the Product.php but the line is still red (even after removing cache/class_index.php) and the module doesn`t work. Is there anything else I should do? Could you please anyone help me?

Thanks

Dear Guys,

we want to combine a quantity discount with an early-order discount. The problem is that the quantity discount can be summarized with different articles from the same category.  When it starts with 10 units, it can be 5+3+2.. or more different articles. Does somebody has a solution? We are willing to pay for...

Thanks a lot and have a nice weekend!

Best regards

farmfritz

post-1252099-0-53586800-1463745847_thumb.jpg

Edited by FarmFritz (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

How I use the module? I create a cart Rule, and them active the module for the category that i create the rule, but the discount applies if I add the minimum amount of a single product , not the combination of the two.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
 I am looking to do a coupon code for local that instead of the customer having to actually add the coupon code.

I want to provide a link to the customer.

when they click on the link.

It will automatically add the discount amount to the cart page.

It is possible or not?

If it is possible, how to achieve that concept, can you give me the idea?

• 1 month later...

Hi I installed your module and it works ... but I have set up a rule that every 2 products in the same category the price is discounted ... the module works ... but the third is also discounted .. i would like the module it worked for 2 ... example 2 discounted products ... third product without discount .... four discount products .... promotion is only activated with 2 products or multiple of 2 ... is it possible?

• 2 months later...