Redirection problem after moving to new DB with new domain, BO works, domain redirects to old FO

Hello,

maybe someone can help me with this problem-

I copied the data of one Prestashop1.4x from DB1 to DB 2 and DB 3 with the same host in order to create shops with different domains for different languages. I directed the new domains to their respective DBs (myphpadmin), exported the sql from DB1, replaced the DB info and all old domains within with the new ones and imported the file into the new DBs. Settings were adjusted accordingly, cache emptied, backoffices work fromwhere I changed the URLs and created a new .htaccess. Firefox cookies deleted,too.

Problem: When trying to access the new domains I get redirected to the old Prestashop. Back offices can be reached without problems. For testing I placed one new shop in a folder in its DB, changed all the settings and voila it works under newshop.com/folder.

Is this due to the host which doesn´t direct the domain properly to its DB or am I still missing something as I am reading up on redirecting problems in this great forum for several days now.

By the way I run an other independent Prestashop in DB4 and everything is fine with this one so I am not quite sure if this is a matter of the hosting company.

I have disabled/enabled friendly url and played with many settings on the seo tab in backoffice but nothing works. If this can´t be solved by adjusting something maybe someone of you can give me a code to put into the htaccess file to redirect from newshop.com/shop to newshop.com – my codes I tried didn´t work at all...

Many thanks in advance to all of you who make this forum a great help to a beginners like myself!

Bob

Hi Bob,

First of all, welcome to PrestaShop! Using your database admin tool (such as phpMyAdmin), please locate the "ps_configuration" table for the new store and then make sure the values for PS_SHOP_DOMAIN and PS_SHOP_DOMAIN_SSL have been changed to your new URL. Please let me know if this works for you.

-Mike

• Like 2

Hi Bob,

Without taking a look at your settings for myself, I can't tell you for sure what may be causing you this issue, but before I ask for any of your personal login information, can you please check the steps in this thread to ensure you've followed everything suggested here? From your original post, it obviously sounds like you know what you're doing with PrestaShop, but I just want to make sure we cover the basics just to be safe before moving on to more advanced solutions.

-Mike

Hi,

thank you for replying,

well, I tried everything mentioned there but no improvement so far...

I was wondering why the shops work when placing them in a folder in the database and not from root directly - maybe it would be easier and less time consuming to solve this problem by redirecting the domain to this folder - anyone knows how to do this?

Right now the shop data is in a folder in my database, the domain goes to the database and I can open the shop via domain.com/folder - I would like to open the shop under domain.com

Bob

Hi again,

I just checked the option I mentioned above putting the shop in a folder and directing the domain to it with the same result, still redirecting me to the old shop´s FO. My new domain only works if the shop is in a folder in the DB, the domain pointing to the DB - domain.com/folder works.

I am using PS 1.4.2.5. - maybe a bug?

Hi Bob,

It's very strange that you continue to have this issue. Can you please double-check both your PS_SHOP_DOMAIN and PS_SHOP_DOMAIN_SSL values in your database and the Preferences > SEO & URLs section of your Back Office to see if there is anything out of the ordinary that could be causing you these issues?

-Mike

• 6 months later...

I have this problem too. Have you found a solution?

EDIT: After little research I belive that this is caused by Firefox 301 redirects caching.

Clearing browser cache helps.

Although, it can be an issue, because redirected customers would not be able to use the shop until the cache expires.

Edited by poncho (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

I know it's an old thread, but I found it looking for a solution to this issue. My version is 1.5, and I made it work setting the new folder in DB base, table ps_shop_url, value physical_uri.

Hope it helps.

Thanks a ton, worked like charm :D

• 9 months later...

Hi every one, 

I also faced the same issue, but i found the solution, i uploaded "searchreplacedb2.php" , filled out my database name, User name & password & proceeded,

Before use it please take backup of your database carefully, i have uploaded "searchreplacedb2.php" here:--- searchreplacedb2.zip (www.mesotek.com/searchreplacedb2.zip)

The message will come like that:-

In the process of replacing "http://www.vishalsteel.net" with http://www.vishalsteel.com we scanned 272 tables with a total of 11747 rows, 20 cells were changed and 20 db update performed and it all took 4.879959 seconds.

Edited by mesotek (see edit history)

• 5 years later...