[Module] Free Blog Module - A usefull PrestaShop Module

SONIC PEAN

hi guys, great module. can see in BO after following all install instructions, can see cats in FO but when I try to access blog cats I get page not found.  Also if I create a post I get an Sql error(please see attached)

Many thanks for the module and help in advance.

Dean

got cats to show by turning off the turning back on friendly urls.  but in BO cant add new post(bas sql query)see attached.

many thanks

Hi Dean, I'm not really sure what might be causing your problem, but I notice there are no flags next to the field entries for the blog post in your screenshot. As yours is a UK site, I'm guessing that you have deleted the default US English language. Try reinstating it and then disable rather than delete it.

Also, yours is a non-default theme. Try setting the theme back to default and check if the problem persists.

These suggestions are a bit of a long shot, but you never know!

Cheers, Dave

Hi Dean, I'm not really sure what might be causing your problem, but I notice there are no flags next to the field entries for the blog post in your screenshot. As yours is a UK site, I'm guessing that you have deleted the default US English language. Try reinstating it and then disable rather than delete it.

Also, yours is a non-default theme. Try setting the theme back to default and check if the problem persists.

These suggestions are a bit of a long shot, but you never know!

Cheers, Dave

Hi Dave, thanks for the reply.  Tried as you suggested to no avail.  Uninstalled then re-installed still the same but thanks for trying.

Cheers Dean

I am using the module with 1.5.6.2.  I would like to know if there is a way to set a featured image per post? Either manually somehow or by pulling the first image in the post automatically.  Like WordPress does.

Hi Jessica, where exactly do you envisage these images being displayed?

Thanks, Dave

hello, i've installed this module plblog_1.5 SC.zip (1.5.6 presta) and received this error in frontend

Dispatcher::createUrl() miss required parameter "categories" for route "category_rule"

tried to turn this module off - no results - i see this message on site.

HELP!!!

ps/

if i replace /override/classes/Link.php  - with the original one - i received a blank front page.

Hi I had the same problem and after hours and hours of searching and a upgrade it was still the same.  But after even more hours of trying to locate the problem I renamed (in override classes) link.php to link1.php and dispatcher.php to dispatcher1.php and managed to get my site visable and working.  I dont know if this will fix your issue but it worked for me.

Sorry, not familiar with Wordpress.

The link you provided has two lists of blog entries, one in the main central column and one in the right column. Would the images go to the left of the main list, the right column list or both?

Thanks, Dave

The left column (primary content).  Not the sidebar list. 

Something similar to this template (see Latest Reviews on home page)

http://livedemo00.template-help.com/wordpress_48424/

Edited by AFemaleProdigy (see edit history)

OK understood (although the blog entries in that template are on the sidebar list ;)).

I think one approach (using manual image specification) would be to:

• amend the add/edit page for the post in back office to include the entry of a url for the required image plus the display of the image next to the url
  • add a new field to the table ps_pl_blog_post to store the image url and ensure this gets saved at the same time as the rest of the post
  • amend the post-all.tpl file to include the image for display in front office
  • adjust any .css files

These are just some thoughts on the 'headline' changes, I'm sure there's more to it than that!

I'm no developer, so I hope mleczakm can produce something along these lines.

Cheers, Dave

Thanks - is that in version 1.6.0.3?  I couldn't get it to work in the first 1.6 release back in December, so that sounds like great news.

BTW did you upgrade from a 1.5 site with the module already in, or did you install the module into a 1.6. site?

Cheers, Dave

Edit: have just seen your post in the 1.6 forum, so it seems the answer is that it's an upgraded 1.5 site.

Edited by stottycabanas (see edit history)

Ok here is an update to both of my post above, while the module does work with both the upgrade and the fresh 1.6 install the blog entry area of the back office does need some formatting.

I think that the css has changed so much that the css used for formatting is no longer part of the global css files.

I am going to take a look and see if I can fix some of it.

Prestashop 1.5.5.0 

installed , but when i go to Catalog>> Blog it does not load, just a blank page, any help plz

Did you refresh the .htaccess file by clicking save in the Preferences, SEO & URL's section.

I have made the steps to fix the module, and i can add topics and categories but cant see them on the website, the link gives 

This page is not available

my website elektrojo.com

Maybe you fixed before I posted this but I have no issues viewing the blog on you site.

Update to 1.6 version: I now have the BO looking much better and the text area toolbar loading.

There are still some issues but for the most part it works just fine.

I can not seem to figure out the invalid character hover so I just removed it.

Will post a new version in a separate post just for 1.6.

thanks,
i fixed it just by going to SEO & URL then save, as mentioned before 

i have two questions 
1- could i remove the right column to use its space only when the reader is in the blog? 
2. how to back up the articles in case of updating the module or for backup itself 

every thing works fine, but i wounder if some one managed to add search blog option or even made it possible to search with the main search engine of prestashop,
another thing i am really concerned about backup for this module is case of reset or updates in order not to lose articles 

language fixed see img

post-625056-0-08788300-1394196961_thumb.png

Edited by elektrojo (see edit history)

another thing i am really concerned about backup for this module is case of reset or updates in order not to lose articles 

The blog posts are stored in the PS database (apart from images, videos, etc.), so provided you are regularly backing up your database - I assume you are - it won't be an issue.

Cheers, Dave

• Like 1

The blog posts are stored in the PS database (apart from images, videos, etc.), so provided you are regularly backing up your database - I assume you are - it won't be an issue.

Cheers, Dave

thanks for reply, any idea about enabling visitors to search the blog ?

I'm running it om PS 1.5.6.2 and its working find after following procedures at post 505 nevertheless i have no translations available anymore after installing. What happened? Can anyone tell  me?

Another slight problem: When i push de read more button i'm getting a 500 error. Anyone experience with that problem. Many thanks if someone can solve this for me

I managed to add this select with "connected products" - here are effects, if anyone is interested to have something similar - contact me:

Back office:

wd58.th.jpg

Frontend:

e0ii.th.jpg

It allows to add up to 9 products from our store connected with blog post.

What do you mean?, you can associate the blog goes to products released in the record or post the prodcutos published in the post?

Hello,

anyone knows how fixed the meta title and meta description bug in 1.5.6.2?

It doesn't work in all-post.html and in post detail either, and for SEO is really bad.

Please let me know if someone can help me to figuered out.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

very great module! 

I have 2 questions:

1) is possible to make in post-list sort by date, that newer article is up and the older are after that?

2) is possible to show in post-list also images? not only description text?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

@alboim

did you enable the error mode and show what is the error.

@All of you this module is developed 1.5.6.2 and then 1.6 so bellow 1.5.6.2 is not tested by us due to limited manpower in our team.

Our next update will release after this week end. 

At the moment I only see a blank page when I hit "Catalog > Blog" with the address:

http://weissjewelryshop.com/psadmin/index.php?controller=AdminPlBlog&token=112cb726dfc947f7e70f1c9a1708d93e

but no error message.

How do I enable the error mode ?

Also, where can I find the most updated module that is compliant with v 1.5.6.2 so I can re-install it.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

trouble when i try to post new blogpost.

i get some error when i want to insert image from image media,

when i click on media url field -> browse button

that page shown my website page

how to solve this problem ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, friends.

i have the same problem like  kobyd2

i admin page i get Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class AdminTabCore in /home/anabolio/public_html/bgsteroidi.com/classes/AdminTab.php on line 31

prestashop 1.5.6.1

Regards

You have to comment this line in AdminPIPost.php on line 2 and AdminPICategory.php on line 2, turn this

require_once (dirname(__FILE__).'/../../classes/AdminTab.php');

into

// require_once (dirname(__FILE__).'/../../classes/AdminTab.php');

I also installed 1.1.8 on Prestashop 1.6. It's working so far.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have a store in 2 languages (English, Estonian) and wish to use the blog in both of them. But sometimes I wish to publish a post only in one language and make the translation later. As far as I have tested the module, it automatically makes the copy of the blog post in the other languages and shows them in the front end. Is there any way to publish posts only to certain language?

I thought about making different post categories (or tags) for every language and then modifying the code to show blog post only from the current language category (or with active language tag). But I haven't figured out yet what functions should I change for this to work.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I have a store in 2 languages (English, Estonian) and wish to use the blog in both of them. But sometimes I wish to publish a post only in one language and make the translation later. As far as I have tested the module, it automatically makes the copy of the blog post in the other languages and shows them in the front end. Is there any way to publish posts only to certain language?

Edited by vekia (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, i installed that module and i have that error when i try to enter since the back-office

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class AdminTabCore in /usr/home/"website"/web/classes/AdminTab.php on line 31

how I can fix this?

Hi guys, i installed that module and i have that error when i try to enter since the back-office

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class AdminTabCore in /usr/home/"website"/web/classes/AdminTab.php on line 31

how I can fix this?

Hello Krauser,

Why don't you read previous posts ? If you do, you will find the fixing method posted by myself.

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/139638-module-free-blog-module-a-usefull-prestashop-module/?p=1729529

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The module breaks JavaScript on it's pages and post content blank on post page.  I installed the module on my localserver.  I checked the debug for the page and saw that smarty wasn't loading the post's content. 

I tried searching this thread for this issue but didn't find anything.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello Guys.

I did also have the problem with the urls - I have friendly url and permanent links. I think that was the problem.

All I did, so it did work, was to generate ".htaccess" at back office -> tools -> generators.

I hope this will help you

Also helped to me

http://www.mamaipapa.pl/pl/blog/2_olkamamapolka.html 

In case backup Your old .htaccess before You will refresh it ;)

Edited by magdalena7 (see edit history)

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...