[Module] Free Blog Module - A usefull PrestaShop Module

SONIC PEAN

I had error like this:

Fatal error: Smarty error: [in D:\htdocs2\prestashop/modules/plblog/frontent/tpl/Blog_l.tpl line 1]: syntax error: unrecognized tag: $plTools->getPostLink($post['id_pl_blog_post'], $post['link_rewrite'], $post['id_pl_blog_category']) (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 446) in D:\htdocs2\prestashop\tools\smarty_v2\Smarty.class.php on line 1095

installed after upgrading from PS 1.2 to PS

Can anyone help me?

I had error like this:

Fatal error: Smarty error: [in D:\htdocs2\prestashop/modules/plblog/frontent/tpl/Blog_l.tpl line 1]: syntax error: unrecognized tag: $plTools->getPostLink($post['id_pl_blog_post'], $post['link_rewrite'], $post['id_pl_blog_category']) (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 446) in D:\htdocs2\prestashop\tools\smarty_v2\Smarty.class.php on line 1095

installed after upgrading from PS 1.2 to PS

Can anyone help me?

Hi rsauqi , must do http://www.prestashop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/139638-module-free-blog-module-a-usefull-prestashop-module/page__view__findpost__p__720248 .

Can anyone help with my problem ? http://www.prestashop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/139638-module-free-blog-module-a-usefull-prestashop-module/page__view__findpost__p__734359

Hello Sonic!

Thanks for your great module! But I have some problem. If the URL is changed to the wrong, module will not return to 404 page. You can see that in your site:

correct url - http://demo.prestalive.com/141/en/blog/prestashop-news/1-lorem-ipsum-dolor-sit-amet.html

wrong url - http://demo.prestalive.com/141/en/blog/prestashop-news/1-lorem-ipsum-sit-amet.html

In both cases, one and the same page returns. It is incorrect.

There is the same mistake if you change url the blog categories.

Could you help me, please?

Thanks beforehand!

Hi,

As I saw nobody has my problem before.

In Hungarian language we have some characters (example: ő, ű) what cannot displyal this module. Instead these letter is displays "?".

How can I fix it?

The second is that I would like to change the sequence of the posts. I would like to show the latest on the top and the oldest at the bottom.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hi Sonic,

Love this module. Just one question: I have a rather" non standard" template, I have no left and right column (only for the submenu. So I can't seem to get it installed. I would like to have a link (under BLOG) to all the intros of the entries. Is that possible and how does that work?

See: http://www.kmb-europe.nl/ and click on about us. That the screen I would like to have all the entries showing.

Thanks in advance.

Steven

Hi,

As I saw nobody has my problem before.

In Hungarian language we have some characters (example: ő, ű) what cannot displyal this module. Instead these letter is displays "?".

How can I fix it?

The second is that I would like to change the sequence of the posts. I would like to show the latest on the top and the oldest at the bottom.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Szia!

PHP MYADMIN-ban a ps_pl_blog_post_lang tábla és ebben a táblában a post_description mező egybevetést állítsd erre: utf8_general_ci

Nálam jó lett.

• Like 1

Hi Sonic,

Love this module. Just one question: I have a rather" non standard" template, I have no left and right column (only for the submenu. So I can't seem to get it installed. I would like to have a link (under BLOG) to all the intros of the entries. Is that possible and how does that work?

See: http://www.kmb-europe.nl/ and click on about us. That the screen I would like to have all the entries showing.

Thanks in advance.

Steven

Once you install the blog module it uses several links. For example the link to all the post is something like: www.example.com/nl/blog/all-post.html

What I did is to point to this link in my menu bar. Like in my case: http://www.flashfashionstore.nl/nl/blog/all-post.html

I don't use the standard top menu bar, so I'm not sure if this is also possible in the back office of the block permanent links...

Hope it helps

regards

-Dave

Thank you. I had difficulties with the "-" dashes because when i name the link with a dash(default space) it gives 404 on query. I installed the module but still cannot figure out why sitemap doesnt update with the new articles. Is this function integrated? Can I add something to gsitemap.php so that it adds the articles?

P.S. can be checked at seobucks.com

Szia!

PHP MYADMIN-ban a ps_pl_blog_post_lang tábla és ebben a táblában a post_description mező egybevetést állítsd erre: utf8_general_ci

Nálam jó lett.

Működik! Köszönöm!

Dear Team,

Best module, Thank you!

Can you add instruction to install it on v.1.3.1.1?

May be some new lines in a few classes, new classes only for blog working...

I maked many changes, add new classes from v.1.4( which work only with this blog) (FronController).

But still have not working script.

In BO I have only simple ">>Configure" button. Can manage blog, categories and etc.

Best regards to all!

Sofia, Bulgaria

• 2 weeks later...

Hi :) thanks for this module. i just have a question.

when i install it i have a blank page on fronted with no error (complete errors report activated in php.ini)

is someone have an idea of where it could come ?

it's on localhost debian wwith prestashop 1.4.7.0

Hi guys :)

aftera log reading i saw:

PHP Fatal error:  Smarty error: [in /var/www/modules/plblog/frontent/tpl/Blog_l.tpl line 1]: syntax error: unrecognized tag: $plTools->getPostLink($post['id_pl_blog_post'], $post['link_rewrite'], $post['id_pl_blog_category']) (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 446) in /var/www/tools/smarty_v2/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

if it could help someone to help me :)

Hi :) it's me again.

i have a little issue :) when i click on viewall button on lastest post block i have a 404 error page.

is someone had this before ?

or is someone could help on this issue ?

thanks by advance :)

Hi !

Thanks for the module.

But i got a problem :

mywebsite.fr/en/blog/all-post.html works fine.

but

mywebsite.fr/fr/blog/all-post.html dosn't work ! :(

The french version is the principal version of the website. So, i have to fix it !

Thanks !

Prest 1.4.5.1

Hi :) i have the same issue on mine under 1.4.7.0 if someone have found a solution ?

Great module. Thank you for sharing it.

I would like to translate it, but i cant find the file with the language parameters. could you please help me with that?

I really appreciate it

:rolleyes: Great module. Thank you for sharing it. I am using PrestaShop 1.4.7.0

But I have problem Add new category, Add new post. I have MySQL message: An error occurred while creating

object. pl_blog_category (Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'category_allow_comment' at row 1).

It is happen in MySQL 5.5 on localhost.

But if I comment line in my.ini sql-mode="STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION" - all working correctly.

Maybe script problem?

Please help.

:wub: Sorry my bad english.

Hi

I was wondering if this module would be better than using WordPress. I've currently got a word press handbags blog here but having some issues integrating it into prestashop. Should I ditch it and go the module?

Hi ,

I want to ask 2 questions about this nce module

1) Is there a way to change date format to D/M/Y ?

2)Is there a way the latest post to be first and not last ?

Thanks

First, thank you very much for the module.

On the other hand I wonder if you can place comments enabled only for registered users and linking in the DB the user who entered that comment (in the user's account mayappear a new thread to show us all the user threads and comments).

I would also like to know if you can add in the editor the possibility to upload images.

The sitemap will include these pages?

Finally, it would be possible for registered users could add new items to any category?

Thank you very much.

A greeting.

Hi all:

I'm trying toput ablog andforumin my store,the blogwith this unitworks perfectlyand now I'mtrying to makethe forum,for that I havecloned theBlogmoduleandI modifiedforALLto workindependently andsothat it can beusedas a forumbut there are somesmall detailsthat makepart offrontenedmalfunction.

Can someonefix it andsowe share it?

Thank you very much.

Agreeting.

plforum.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I love this module! I have only one thing to solve - ordering/sorting the posts in listing, because now it orders posts from the oldest - so the oldest post is first, and it isnt so good :) have anyone solved it?

Thanks for answer

• Like 1

Don't find it in the list :-((

Is thera anybody who can help me please i cant transplant the module because i cant see it in the list and thats why its very hard to choose it an transplant it.

It doesn't show in the modul either. How can i get it in????

Edited by 6772 (see edit history)

Good morning, sorry for my bad English.

How I can change the date format depending on the language?

The text can be changed from backoffice.

I can change date in the .tpl but then it will be always with the same format.

hello I tried to find all post this solution but I didnt find..... lets go:

1 - installed ok

2 - file .htacess regenerated ok

3 - write the first article ok

after this step start problem

4 - when I am in the my store I click in the article show this error

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@vendaatacado.com.br and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

---------------------------------------

PLEASE WHAT I HAVE TO DO TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM ?

Nice module. I've installed and everything works fine, but I have two questions:

1. Would like the module to show the latest blog post instead off the oldest first

2. How can I add a RSS feed to burn out my post on different RSS services?

Can anyone help with these questions?

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone managed to remove the TIME the post was created ? its kind of confusing the days and the time next to it ...

It isnt in the .tpl there is a post_date_create code but i couldnt find a way to remove only the Hour it was posted...

Anyone ?

Thnx

Hi Sonic,

Thanks in advance.

Steven

I added these files to the .htaccess file in BO->Tools->Generators and it seems to work.

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^domain.com$ [OR]

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.domain.com$

RewriteRule ^blog/$ "http://www.domain.com/blog/all-post.html" [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^.*$

RewriteRule ^blog$ "http://www.domain.com/blog/all-post.html" [R=301,L]

Edited by Ggaivg (see edit history)

Finding this, thank you

--------- edit ----------

installed complete, no error but not show in module list.

latest version : prestashop_1.4.8.2 not support or my fault :(

Please check your file manager (Cpanel), make sure is "modules->plblog->the all detail folders and files". your problem might be "modules->plblog->plblog->the all detail folders and files".

Once setup, you might face the problem where "article can not be found" after posting. Please check Back Officeseparator_breadcrum.pngToolsseparator_breadcrum.png

Generators, un-tick the "Friendly URL"

Hopefully, it solves your problem.

Good morning, sorry for my bad English.

How I can change the date format depending on the language?

The text can be changed from backoffice.

I can change date in the .tpl but then it will be always with the same format.

I'd like to know how to change date format either. I can see that date is stored into the database as a full string (YYYY-MM-DD..)

Hi, any idea how I ca. change the posted date?

I am migrating from another website thus I need to re-upload my blog again. But id does not have an option for me to change the Blog's Posted date. So I am kinda stuck with have a lot of 2010 and 2011 blogs posted as 2012.

Appreciate any help rendered.

Thanks!

Hi everyone.

I´m trying to install in prestashop 1.5 RC but it doesn´t install properly.

It produces an error that says "the module cannot be installed" (or something like that).

I have exported the sql tables that the module generates in prestashop 1.4.7.0 and I have imported this tables in ps 1.5.

Then I transplant the module to "left column" and "Header of pages".

Then I have regenerated the htaccess (clicking the save button in SEO/URL).

The result is that the left column shows the blog columns "latest posts", "categories" and "tags" properly (with the posts I generated in ps 1.4.7.0) but when I click on one of this posts prestashop 1.5 says that the page cannot be found.

Apart from this I have noticed when I edit or create a new post that the box does not have the mce editor. It shows only html text.

Please, tell me how to install the module properly in prestashop 1.5.

Sorry my english, because I´m spanish.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you, very very nice module.

There are 1-2 matters that I want to ask.

Regarding to the things that are seen on my main page.

1- How can I increase the character number of article title?

2- How can I limit the character number which shows the subject content?

3- How can I remove the seen date?

How can I translate the spaces like send a comment, full name according to my own language,*

I couldn't finde it on tpl files.

thanks

Edited by kahuna (see edit history)

Hi turbochef,

Whao your blog makes me hungry... :D

You could probably give this a try:

Currently your blog seems to be taking the full center-container. That's why it's pushing your left column down.

#center_column {

width: 890px;

If you change that width to around 700 - 750px, you should be able to see your left column appearing.

But that will also mean that your top menu will be reduced accordingly as well.

Hey guys, I love the module, very clean and easy to use. I just have one small problem. I use the matrice theme and the blog posts show with the left column moved down. I use prestashop 1.4.8.2. Here's a blog post http://suavocado.com/blog/recipes/1-roasted-potatoes.html Any help greatly appreciated!

hi,

I get the below error message when I try to add category

An error occurred while creating object.

pl_blog_category (Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'category_allow_comment' at row 1

using 1.1.8

prestashop v 1.4.8.2