SONIC PEAN

[Module] Free Blog Module - A usefull PrestaShop Module

Be warned this module adds an author's tab across the top of your admin page, taking up tab real estate. Otherwise it worls OK on PS 1.4.4.1 and 1.4.5.1 and I think it would be OK. I've deleted it though because of that 'annoyware' issue.

Hi d324,

I'm not understand your question. You can use FTP account or some File transfer to copy files into your prestashop.

Thanks

Hello Sonic Pean,

I have downloaded your blog module although I cannot find it in my modules to activate? Any suggestions? If you don't mind please email me a solution at massvisioninc@yahoo.com

Thanks

Hi Massvision,

Did you copy the module into correct prestashop folder?

Please note that it will be on frontent office tab and Note on the filter.

Thanks

Hi Sonic Pean,

is it posibble to hook your great module - it works fine for me on 1.4.5.1 - in Home Page / Home Content?

Thanks.

Hi Tomitos,

Do you mean Latest posts? Current module version just allow show it on left or right side, (not on home page).

I will keep this question and update it on new version.

Thanks

please help me to fix this module with prestashop 1.3.1 :(

tanx for module. please add 2 features to this module is very usable.

* Number of viewed post

* Related posts

Thanks for you. I'm sorry for bad english

Looking forward to using this but I have a problem. Please visit my current test site: www.sportszonetemplates.net and see how the blog ended up on my pages. I can't figure out what I did wrong.

It's not on the home page which is ok for me but I wanted it to show up on all of the product pages on the left column as you had it in your demo.

Plus I get an error message at the bottom of the page "

Page not available

error.gif We're sorry, but the Web address you entered is no longer available

Any suggestions?

Hi bqwhitten,

I think that caused by you used the URL-friendly mode, however you have not re-generate .htaccess file.

Please backup the current .htaccess file and re-generate .htaccess file.

Thanks

Looks like an awesome module, I will check it out this week. Great work Sonic Pean!

Hello, I installed the module, but will not let me set up, and put the module is not installed, click Install and says that the module is already installed.

Can you help?

A greeting.

Hi JesusAlpedrete,

The module works on 1.4.4, I'm not sure what happens with you. But please uninstall module and install again.

Thanks

Hi, I installed a module and I have a error when i go to page "all posts" message appears "this page not exists".

I regenerated .httacces and don't work.

thanks

Thanks for your reply.

Before removing the module.

I uninstalled the module. I note that the directory is deleted.

and install again.

I follow the instructions in Readme.txt

I uploaded the module and get ready to install.

install

The system says "this module has been installed" But it appears like not installed...

Thank you,

but I have a little problem, I did spanish translation, but this translation don't appear in the front office, some idea?

my version is 1.4.5.1.

Salut

es.php

post-20750-0-29331500-1321046062_thumb.jpg

Got a proplem with my languages. Blog can't show Vietnamese. i using Ver 1.4.5 (see the pic below)

2-1.jpg

1.jpg

Can u help me to fix it. This modules so usefull, thanks

Edited by kentocdo

@Sparrowsitn

You can go to .htaccess file and check if there is somelines like below was added into .htaccess. If it was added then it should work or your server not support url rewrite.

RewriteRule ^en/blog/([0-9]*)_([a-zA-Z0-9-]*).html$ /prestashop143/modules/plblog/frontent/list-post.php?plidc=$1&plcn=$2&.php?isolang=en [QSA,L]

@JesusAlpedrete

I checked on our server many times and it works fine. I'm not sure what caused your problem, Could you try on a fresh prestashop and install this module.

Thanks

@Sparrowsitn

You can go to .htaccess file and check if there is somelines like below was added into .htaccess. If it was added then it should work or your server not support url rewrite.

RewriteRule ^en/blog/([0-9]*)_([a-zA-Z0-9-]*).html$ /prestashop143/modules/plblog/frontent/list-post.php?plidc=$1&plcn=$2&.php?isolang=en [QSA,L]

@JesusAlpedrete

I checked on our server many times and it works fine. I'm not sure what caused your problem, Could you try on a fresh prestashop and install this module.

Thanks

Thanks your fast supported. I'll try it. :)

Edited by kentocdo

Hi Kentocdo,

The module showed vietnamese or other languages are correctly. I think you have problem with char set or some things. ( charset is utf-8 and collaction is utf8-unicode-ci.

Thanks

.htaccess file was no proplem. i checked my site DB, collation table is latin1_swedish_ci like the pic below

3.jpg

i tried to change it to utf8_general_ci but can't do that.

Hello,

Great Module

I installed the new version to fix warnings but there is one remaining

Notice: Undefined index: HTTPS in /var/public_html/www/modules/plblog/frontent/controllers/ViewAllPostController.php on line 114

Hi, first, thanks to share this usefull module :)

I spend some hours trying to understand how to change the url-friendly option on Preference->SEO&URLs, I like to change the "blog/all-post.html" to something short like "notes", when I make the change and click save appears a red warning message saying "Page field is no valid", no matter what I change, a red warning appears everytime, more over if I don't change anything and click save the error comes too.

Try to change over the DDBB and on the module files but later the links on the frontend stops to work.

Hope you can find a solution.

Regards!

Guille.-

Pd: I'm from Argentina, sorry about my poor english, with time and practice will go better and better.

hello, i have ps 1.4.5.1 after i get white screen on my site, when disable blog module site is ok. sorry for my crap english

Cool module. Thanks for sharing.

I have not tried it yet but it is on my To-Do list.

Thanks again.

Awesome module, thanks!

After first test on version 1.4.5.1, it looks and works great.

In my opinion - one of the best and most useful free module.

Hello Dim Dukov.

Please let me know which prestashop version you used? And could you give me the link that you see white screen.

Thanks

Hello!

There are some little issues I noticed today -

*When you add categories title don't copy on other languages if they are empty and same thing with tags(when you add tag in default shop language and back office language category name and tags name shows - "--")(when adding posts it works fine).

*When you add post and don't write a description: it shows 2 same errors. Statuss and Alow comment turns off. Tags disappear.

And maybe it is possible in future to make improvement - possibility to edit post date and time.

Hello Dim Dukov.

Please let me know which prestashop version you used? And could you give me the link that you see white screen.

Thanks

Hi Sonic Pean,

i use prestashop 1.4.5.1. i send you pm shop name, at moment white screen is not active. when enable blog module i have get white screen, view source in browser show empty page. i just put folder in /modules, install in BO, maybe i miss something. when i unhook blog from anywere(modules->position) no problem, if transplent blog module site miss again.

sorry for may poor language.

Regards

[edit]

when transplate blog to left side, site gone. if transplate to right site, all menu and butons missed but site work.

Hi Sonic Pean, I wonder if has some option to show a date navigation menu, like years and months, maybe this can be done touching some of the code but I like to be sure if it is possible before make some experiments.

Regards,

Guille.-

Hi Dim Dukov,

You don't need to transptant. You just install the module and go to the configure. We have option so you show it left, right or disable. It may solve your problem.

Thanks

Hi Bevi,

The module does not support this. However maybe we will add this feature in the future.

Thanks

Hi Dim Dukov,

You don't need to transptant. You just install the module and go to the configure. We have option so you show it left, right or disable. It may solve your problem.

Thanks

Hi, yes i dont need transplent modules, i see after install they already transplent, but my site fail after this. i unhook all modules then site is back. yesterday all day test but cant get this nice module :(

Hi, Dim Dukov!

I suggest you to turn on error message and then install this module and when site crashes look at error message and you will know whats wrong.

Problem wa solved, thank to every one :D problem in my database. :D

Hi

How a series that I have the same problem

I'd love if you share me and sorry for the English

Thanks for this good addon.

But .. when i install it on a fresh 1.4.5.1 install i get the same message as others = error during installation .. anyway i can configure it, view it on my frontend but ... how use it ?

As far as i've read the readme.txt, a Blog entry should appear on my tools BO menu ? i can't find it

is there is a "Konami hidden" config menu somewhere or did the instal really failed ? :)

Hello!

I have question - how to make that in home page there are displayed for example 5 latest posts(in view similer like in post categorie section)?

thanks

I installed this module but it isn't showing up in my backoffice? I checked under all the module categories and it isn't there. I decided to check my FTP folders. It is indeed there in the modules folder but not in the backoffice page. Any ideas?

Hi SONIC!

I'm noticed some issues:

*when I set "Allow Unregistered Users To Comment" option to Off I can't post a comment even I'm loged in.

*when capcha is turned off it shows error message under comment section that name, email and comment fields are required.

Prestashop version - 1.4.6.1, Blog module version 1.1.7.

• Like 1

Hi,

I'm not sure your question. You can set number latest post showed on home page.

Thanks

Hello!

I have question - how to make that in home page there are displayed for example 5 latest posts(in view similer like in post categorie section)?

thanks

Hi,

I'm not sure the problem you got. Please make sure the folder plblog will put in webroot/modules/ dir then it will showed.

Or I guess maybe you just showed installed module in modules tab in back office so you did not see this.

Thanks

I installed this module but it isn't showing up in my backoffice? I checked under all the module categories and it isn't there. I decided to check my FTP folders. It is indeed there in the modules folder but not in the backoffice page. Any ideas?

Hi,

It is our module issues. We will fix and update ASAP. Thank for founding this.

Thanks

Hi SONIC!

I'm noticed some issues:

*when I set "Allow Unregistered Users To Comment" option to Off I can't post a comment even I'm loged in.

*when capcha is turned off it shows error message under comment section that name, email and comment fields are required.

Prestashop version - 1.4.6.1, Blog module version 1.1.7.

Hi,

It is our module issues. We will fix and update ASAP. Thank for founding this.

Thanks

And maybe you can make that registred customer don't have to write in his name and e-mail in comment section, because he alredy are registred and we have his name and e-mail.

Hi !

Thanks for the module.

But i got a problem :

mywebsite.fr/en/blog/all-post.html works fine.

but

mywebsite.fr/fr/blog/all-post.html dosn't work ! :(

404 La page que vous avez demandée n'existe plus

The french version is the principal version of the website. So, i have to fix it !

Thanks !

Prest 1.4.5.1

Hi, amazing module ! Just what i was looking for !!!

Thanks for all your effort and hard work!

I only have three questions

1. Why does it do this thing to the button "view all" under the BLOG LATEST POST

2. Why doesnt it show the blog categories ?

3. Can i disable the blog tags ?

url is www.audio-soul.gr/shop

Thanks !!!

Same problem... How to fix it? No PBlog tab, but from modules I can configure it or delete...

Make sure you upload just the /plblog folder to your modules so you have modules/plblog and not /modules/plblog_v1.1.6/plblog_v1.1.6/plblog or even /modules/plblog_v1.1.6/plblog

• Like 2

Make sure you upload just the /plblog folder to your modules so you have modules/plblog and not /modules/plblog_v1.1.6/plblog_v1.1.6/plblog or even /modules/plblog_v1.1.6/plblog

Thanks, now working!

Hello! I have Prestashop 1.4.4.0, And i have many problems with translations, I have only one Language Instaled "ES-España" Im from Argentina, The language is the only one, and have ID:1. I have created the ES.PHP File, but the module doesnt translate. And with friendly-URL Doesnt work "View All" in lastest post. Thaks!

Hi,

I have installed this module and all was well. but I have noticed that when I disable a post it still shows in "Blog Latest Post".

Many thanks for an otherwise excellent module.

My site for reference is http://www.online-deli.co.uk

Daniel

Anybody get this to work with PrestaShop 1.4.6.2 Getting a blank index page after install. tried the htaccess regeneration did not help.

Hi

I recently installed the 1.1.6 version of this module in my store in Spainhttp://www.frikito.com. My version of Prestashop is 1.4.1.0 and I have a problem with the names of users who leave a comment in the blog. A person with an accent on a letter such as "Andrés" can not write. Must be put without the accent and if you putthe name and surname (leaving a space between the first and last name) can not.Only lets you put one of the 2, or the name or surname. How I can fix these two things?

thanks

Juan Miguel

The module is great!

But 3 small things

1. "Lastest Posts" should be "Latest Post" - Where do i change this?

2. When you set Latest posts to right it loses the pl_block class

3. The body id uses the url to generate a name would be neater for styling perposes to just call it <body id="blog">

Thanks

Neil

Neil,

1.In plblog/frontent/tpl/Blog_l.tpl & Blog_r.tpl change line 5

<h4>Lastest Posts</h4>

for

<h4>{l s='Blog Latest Post' mod='plblog'}</h4>

Then it will be editable in back office / Translations / Modules

2. Lins 6 in the above files are your class

3. Not sure sorry. I'm a chef not a coder!

Do you have the same problem as me with not enabled posts still appearing in the latest post block?

Daniel

hehe Well done, Daniel. Don't know why but i had completely ignored the tpl folder when i was looking.... I'm obviously tired. Bring on the Christmas holidays!

Yes i do have the same problem, perhaps we can copy some code from plpost as that seems to work perfectly?

Thanks

Neil

• Like 1

Hi Neild,

The module is great!

But 3 small things

1. "Lastest Posts" should be "Latest Post" - Where do i change this?

2. When you set Latest posts to right it loses the pl_block class

3. The body id uses the url to generate a name would be neater for styling perposes to just call it <body id="blog">

Thanks

Neil

The first we upload update version for fixing words typo. For your small issues.

1, If you changes the text you need to go tpl file. It should be plblog\frontent\tpl\blog_l.tpl and blog_r.tpl

2, I'm not sure your problem, If you set latest post block to right side, it should be fine

3, I'm not sure your problem.

Thanks

no its fine the error was mine, I hadn't looked at the tpl file. Now that i have i 1. renamed lastest posts and 2. added a class to the latest post block right.

The last one was that it'd be great if the module created an ID tag for the body of the document, so that whenever a blog page is displayed a specific set of css rules could be added. I was going to hide all the side boxes until users go to the blog page.

Got it..

Replace Line 733 in plblog/plblog.php

WHERE (a2.id_pl_blog_category != 1) AND a1.id_lang = ".$cookie->id_lang."

With

WHERE (a2.id_pl_blog_category != 1) AND (a2.post_status=1) AND a1.id_lang = ".$cookie->id_lang."

This will prevent non enabled blog posts showing in "Latest Posts"

Daniel

• Like 1

Hi

I recently installed the 1.1.6 version of this module in my store in Spainhttp://www.frikito.com. My version of Prestashop is 1.4.1.0 and I have a problem with the names of users who leave a comment in the blog. A person with an accent on a letter such as "Andrés" can not write. Must be put without the accent and if you putthe name and surname (leaving a space between the first and last name) can not.Only lets you put one of the 2, or the name or surname. How I can fix these two things?

thanks

Juan Miguel

Hi

What one same thing happens to me is happening to me?. Have you tried to write a comment on a post with a name (with space between the first and last name) or a name with accents?. Not if you just happen to me or not and if that only happens to me, how do you think that I can solve?

thanks

Juan Miguel

Hi, Juan

In /plblog/frontent/controllers/DetailsController.php

line 390

return preg_match('/^[^<>;=#{}]*$/u', $name);

I think this is where your problem lies. If bypassed you can add anything in the name box but It is there for a reason. I've tried adding \p{L}. But I cant figure it out.

Daniel

hi all,

i have a problem with this blog on my presta 1.4.4.1. I have created a category and wrote tho articles but if I check it on live website it shows me an error massage. you can check it on www.loungeofstyle.eu . do you have any suggestion?

<p>

Hi, Juan In /plblog/frontent/controllers/DetailsController.php line 390
 return preg_match('/^[^<>;=#{}]*$/u', $name); 

I think this is where your problem lies. If bypassed you can add anything in the name box but It is there for a reason. I've tried adding \p{L}. But I cant figure it out. Daniel

</p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<div>Ok Daniel, I answer you so late.</div>

<div> </div>

<div>You're all right. thank you very much</div>

<div> </div>

<div>Juan Miguel</div>

This module is great but there is one thing I can't work out how to do which would be nice.

The Post date and time are displayed, but I would like only the date to be displayed. How would that be possible?

Thanks!

Hi, I'm having some trouble with a module that sounds just like this one, except its actually called 'Core News Module Block v0.8'

Basically I can upload topics / threads from the back end, but one of the categories is intended for users to be able to post there own comments. I've relaxed the security settings as much as I can but it still says 'you should wait 1 hour(s) before posting another comment'. every time I try.

I've set the flood protection but I still can't figure out how to post on it!! http://www.red-freddies.co.uk/modules/newscore/news.php?category_id=2&id_entry=10

I'd really welcome any help to get it sorted!

Thanks!!

Hi, is there possible to sort the posts list on the blog home by categories? I have only two categories and like to make two columns for each category for the posts with a pagination if can be.

Thanks!

Hello,

I have my site under prestashop 1.4.5.1 and the theme matrice.

But the theme have a problem, I have to add the code :

{include file="$tpl_dir./breadcrumb.tpl"}

<div class="cms">

</div>

into tpl to the left column back.

I'm adding all the tpl, there is no change.

How to do?

Thanks

Hi, I have a problem with this module. I can install it well, but when I want create a category it displays this error:

an error occurred while creating the object pl_blog_category (Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'category_allow_comment' at row 1)

what can I do? PlBlog directory in /modules has permissions 777.

PrestaShop version: 1.4.4.0, thanks!

Hi Every body.

Happy New Years.

Thanks for every feed back from you.

Now We are working on the new version of module: 2.0 and it is testing phase, there are a lot of features added and some bugs you found will be fixed in this version. I hope that we can release it around middle of this month.

@LeGhe: The recent Posts is Latest Post. you can show it on left or right of your shop.

@ITManager and SaiKeN: I checked and it is not happens on our side.

Thanks again

Hi,

I have installed the module, and in the BO under the Tools section selecting the Blog I get the following error:

This webpage is not available

The webpage at http://www.smartzlab.com/admin98/index.php?tab=AdminPlBlog&token=d25258fb20a223614b52d7bb002239a5 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Kindly help me how I need go about?

thanks

Hi,

I have installed the module, and in the BO under the Tools section selecting the Blog I get the following error:

This webpage is not available

The webpage at http://www.smartzlab...b52d7bb002239a5 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Kindly help me how I need go about?

thanks

Error 321 (net::ERR_INVALID_CHUNKED_ENCODING): Unknown error.

Does anyone knows how to resolve this error on Prestashop 1.4.6.2 ? [Wed Dec 21 06:38:01 2011] [error] [client 172.16.0.2] PHP Fatal error: Smarty error: [in /htdocs/web/modules/plblog/frontent/tpl/Blog_r.tpl line 1]: syntax error: unrecognized tag: $plTools->getPostLink($post['id_pl_blog_post'], $post['link_rewrite'], $post['id_pl_blog_category']) (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 446) in /htdocs/web/tools/smarty_v2/Smarty.class.php on line 1095, referer: http://www.domain.tld/ It's a problem on both Blog_l.tpl and Blog_r.tpl ... same thing "unrecognized tag: $plTools->getPostLink($post['id_pl_blog_post'], $post['link_rewrite'], $post['id_pl_blog_category'])"

This error displayed on 1.4.6.2. You can fix by replace variable systex $post['xxxxxxxxx'] to $post.xxxxxxxxx

on many file and you need fix some code in post-list.tpl, post-all.tpl find this line

{$post.post_description|strip_tags|truncate:{$pl_b_summary_character_count[spam-filter]

change to

{$post.post_description|strip_tags|truncate:$pl_b_summary_character_count}

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

and category-tree-branch.tpl find line

<a href="{$node.link}" {if isset($pl_currentCategoryId) && ($node.id == $pl_currentCategoryId)}class="selected"{/if} title="{$node.desc|escape:html:'UTF-8'}">{$node.name|escape:html:'UTF-8'}</a>

change to

<a href="{$node.link}" {if isset($pl_currentCategoryId) && ($node.id == $pl_currentCategoryId)}class="selected"{/if} title="{$node.desc|strip_tags|escape:html:'UTF-8'}">{$node.name|escape:html:'UTF-8'}</a>

and fix display tags on detail page you need fix code in DetailsController.php and post-detail.tpl

- DetailsController.php find function display() find line

/* load javascript, css*/

$smarty->assign('pl_blog_post_detail_path_tinymce', __PS_BASE_URI__.'modules/plblog/frontent/js/jscripts/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js');

change to

$smarty->assign('pl_blog_post_detail_path_tags', _PS_MODULE_DIR_.'plblog/frontent/tpl/tags.tpl');

/* load javascript, css*/

$smarty->assign('pl_blog_post_detail_path_tinymce', __PS_BASE_URI__.'modules/plblog/frontent/js/jscripts/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js');

- post-detail.tpl fine line

<script type="text/javascript" src="{$pl_blog_post_detail_path_tinymce}"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">

tinyMCE.init({

mode : "textareas",

theme : "simple",

width:"540"

});

</script>

<!-- /TinyMCE -->

function submitform()

{

document.pladdcomment.submit();

}

</script>

change to

{literal}

<script type="text/javascript" src="{$pl_blog_post_detail_path_tinymce}"></script>

tinyMCE.init({

mode : "textareas",

theme : "simple",

width:"540"

});

</script>

<!-- /TinyMCE -->

function submitform()

{

document.pladdcomment.submit();

}

</script>

{/literal}

===== Next find line =====

<!-- display tags -->

{if $pl_display_tags == 1}

<div class="pl_post_tag">

{include file="{$_PS_MODULE_DIR_}plblog/frontent/tpl/tags.tpl"}

</div>

{/if}

<!-- /display tags -->

change to

<!-- display tags -->

{if $pl_display_tags == 1}

<div class="pl_post_tag">

{include file=$pl_blog_post_detail_path_tags}

</div>

{/if}

<!-- /display tags -->

- post-list.tpl and post-all.tpl find line

<a href="{$l}">{l s='Read more' mod='plblog'}</a></div>

change to

<a href="{$plTools->getPostLink($post.id_pl_blog_post, $post.link_rewrite, $post.id_pl_blog_category)}">{l s='Read more' mod='plblog'}</a></div>

remove line

{$l = $plTools->getPostLink($post.id_pl_blog_post, $post.link_rewrite, $post.id_pl_blog_category)}

- Blog_l.tpl and Blog_r.tpl

* When you has change variable $post['xxxxxx'] to $post.xxxxxx already.

find line

{$pl_blog_post = $post.post_description|strip_tags}

{$pl_blog_post|truncate:$PL_COLP_MAXIMUM}

change to

{$post.post_description|strip_tags|truncate:$PL_COLP_MAXIMUM}

I'm sorry my bad in en lang.

PS. Thx for best modules

Hello. I find this module very usefull. I have one question. Is there possible to enable enter char in post. Or maybe html code?

It publish all text together, without break lines or entrers.

Thanks.

Is there a demo of the Back Office? I'd like to see if you can post images and how easy it is to control the text formatting (is it using tinymce?).

Otherwise great work!

:rolleyes: Is there anyone who can answer that question?

Hello. I find this module very usefull. I have one question. Is there possible to enable enter char in post. Or maybe html code?

It publish all text together, without break lines or entrers.

Thanks.

@justinl and @pocenipc, this module have an tinymce editor so customize the content is really nice and easy.

I attach an screenshot of the backoffice showing how nice you can edit your posts, adding html, controlling text formatting and a lot of features more.

post-297568-0-57249300-1326250729_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the response. But latest version of that module does not have tinymce editor. Or I'm I missing something?

@justinl and @pocenipc, this module have an tinymce editor so customize the content is really nice and easy.

I attach an screenshot of the backoffice showing how nice you can edit your posts, adding html, controlling text formatting and a lot of features more.

@pocenipc, the last version is from I take the screenshot, try to reinstall the module, must work it for you too.

Well I use 1.1.8 version, and see module without tinyMCE. Whenever I add html code in content, it is deleted, when saved.

Its strange, I use the same version and test it others too and the editor with the tinyMCE always was there, tried to re-install the module? check with firebug or some similar to check where is the issue on your installation.

I make a New Webshop and I like to be compatible with 1.5 betas to, so I tested the blog on 1.5.0.0.3 beta.

The Front office Left or Right Blocks are ok, the admin tab added with emloyees / tab.

I click to the tab and open the PlBlog admin, but when i click to the add category / add tag /add post/ ....

i get an error message:

Not Found

The requested URL /hdadmin/&addpl_blog_category&token=61424fc3e655a356452f3902aa2bb001 was not found on this server.

What can be the problem????