[FIXED] After adding 1000 products the front page dies?

jdogrulz

Hello all,

After I add 2000 products my front page goes crazy. The right column doesnt show anymore, colors go nuts, and it seems like the body and the page melt together. I had about 400 added in different categories and everything worked fine, then I added 2200 in one categorie and whamo, front page dies.

I know they say that you should only add like 400 at a time but mine added them fine with no errors. I have firebug on firefox and and when I inspect the elements there is no seperation between my body or page, it doesnt show the right column, the footer is gone...etc..etc....

NOW, if you go to any other page, like a categorie or search or what ever, those pages are normal.. This is the second time this has happened. The first time I tried everything I could think of to get it back to normal. I deleted all of the products, categories, uninstall-install modules...etc..etc.. It would not go back to normal so I had to delete all of the tables in my database and reload it with an old working backup and everything was back to normal. And now here we are again.

You can take a look here: www.biggigifts.com

Any help, thoughts, ideas anything would be highly appreciated,

Thanks,

Jeff

OK UPDATE- 11/02/11 I have found out that exactly 1,843 products and my front page goes out, now when I take it down to 1811 products I only loose the right column, and when I take it down to 1781 the front page comes back and all is normal!!!!! HELP WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE??????

***************************************************************************************

FIXED MYSELF!

Changed max_execution_time from 30 to 60 in the PHP.ini file.

Hello and thank you for your reply,

Yes it is working now because I deleted all of my products in that category that was causing problems. As soon as half of them were deleted the front page returned to normal. They were not in the home, they were assigned to the correct category. I am now trying to upload them 300 at a time and see what happens, but now I am having problems with the images not loading properly. Some load ok and some dont, MAN it is just one problem after another with this software :-(

Thanks again,

Jeff

Could be that I am doing somthing wrong but I can figure out what. I just did it again. This time I only imported files 500 at a time. Everything went great up untill it went over 1500, then my front page is trashed again. I will leave it this time so you can see.

Yes I am using csv import and like i said everything goes great, I can import files and my images and everything just fine, you can see this when you click on one of the fragrance categories.

So I am lost and dont have a clue at this point.

Let me know if you have any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeff

Not that it's helpful, but I have 968 categories and over 5100 products - each imported (csv) in a single session with image generation - and everything is fine for me. (PS 1.4.5.1)

[Edit] I missed the [Fixed] part of the subject. What was causing this issue?

• 1 year later...

What was the issue? I have a site with over 42,000 products and they are showing fine in the back office, but the front page will not load. I am using 1.5.0.17, but have also tried 1.5.2.

My site works fine in 1.4.9, but I am losing some of the functionality in 1.5.*

Can someone please let me know what the fix was?

Thanks in advance,

Clint

By the way, my websites are http://mavfast.com/Prestashop15017'>http://mavfast.com/Prestashop15017 - This one is using 1.5.0.17 and the front page does not load or any other pages for that matter.

http://mavfast.com is using 1.4.9 and the front page loads and the site runs quickly enough.

Any known issues in 1.5.* that cause the front page not to load when there are more than 1000 or so products?