Hi there, hope I'm in the right forum.

I'm trying to make listing items easier and less time consuming. Most (98%) of products all are inclusive of VAT. Instead of me clicking "Tax rule" and changing it from "No Tax" to "VAT 20%", how can I automatically make Prestashop populate the tax rule already selected as VAT?

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Ritchie.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Also would like an answer since most of my products also fall into a single tax rule and I don't want to accidentally leave it blank.

• 9 months later...

As much as I hate to modify the code directly and hardcode values, I finally gave in and changed {admin}/tabs/AdminProducts.php to reflect my default (tax rule group 43).

version 1.4x -

around line 2571 (my line counts are slightly different now because of edits):

foreach ($tax_rules_groups AS $tax_rules_group) {
   $current_rules_group = $this->getFieldValue($obj, 'id_tax_rules_group');
   if ($current_rules_group == "") $current_rules_group = 43; // set to default
   echo '<option value="'.$tax_rules_group['id_tax_rules_group'].'" '.(($current_rules_group == $tax_rules_group['id_tax_rules_group']) ? ' selected="selected"' : '').'>'.Tools::htmlentitiesUTF8($tax_rules_group['name']).'</option>';
  }

previous code was:

foreach ($tax_rules_groups AS $tax_rules_group)
   echo '<option value="'.$tax_rules_group['id_tax_rules_group'].'" '.(($this->getFieldValue($obj, 'id_tax_rules_group') == $tax_rules_group['id_tax_rules_group']) ? ' selected="selected"' : '').'>'.Tools::htmlentitiesUTF8($tax_rules_group['name']).'</option>';

Edited by fbas (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Yes I would like an answer on this also. I thought I'd configured everything to have the 10% tax rate reflected but only seems to work manually. Then when I go in to change a price ex tax and inc tax show the same price. I try to manually override and both change.

• 9 months later...