I dont understand how a string search returns nothing

markc1

I've recently installed Prestashop and am overall very impressed.

However something is really confusing me, and I am hoping somebody maybe able to shed light..

I was hoping to add some new buttons to my main navigation banner, so using firebug or view page source I examined an existing buttons code, for instance the "LEGAL NOTICE" button which is on my site:

<a href="http://www.kissesandcreations.com/cms.php?id_cms=2">Legal Notice</a>

But when I search for this string (or even just 'Legal Notice') in the entire Prestashop files that I have ftped to my local pc, nothing is returned.

I've tried using Ultraedit "search in files" and the search facility in Dreamweaver", both bring back nothing.

So my main question is, where is this line of code (or small piece of text e.g.'Legal Notice') held so that it is not recognisable by the programs searches, is held in another format or something?

And a secondary question, what code is it that I am viewing when I look at a main prestashop page, is there a way of tracking back to what you see on screen, to the sources that make up that page?

I am aware this could be a totally novice question, but any enlightenment would very much appreciated.

First Answer:

Legal Notice is a CMS entry held by database, so this type of page are dynamically shown rathen than placed directly in the code, check out the table <your_key>_cms_lang, you can find the entry there.

For second question,

Delete all compiled smarty templates in <root_folder>/tools/smarty/compile/*.tpl.php

And now open the required page, you will a number of templates are again compiled, these are the portions that make up you current page.

For Ex. 3ad4838147049bf86e30fea493ff0b48a4164bff.file.blockcms.tpl.php is generated from blockcms.tpl