(Solved) Can't Load Modules after upgrade to 1.4.5

I've just upgraded from 1.4.3 to 1.4.5 using the upgrade module. There were no issues with the upgrade and all the functionality of the site has remained except for the Modules.

When I go into Modules I receive the following error

The following module(s) couldn't be loaded:

1. All modules cannot be loaded due to memory limit restriction reason, please increase your memory_limit value on your server configuration

I contacted my my hosting company, fasthosts who have come back with the following response;

"Usually you will be able to get this error message 'All modules cannot be loaded due to memory limit restriction reason, please increase your memory_limit value on your server configuration' if you are adding plug ins or additional script that calls the server to process something not supported. Due to server limitations, we won't be able to change server configuration for server performance and stability. Please refer to http://www.equi1.com/info.php for PHP limit."

I have deleted as many modules as I am able to but the main issue is that I no longer have the theme installer.

Is there anyway around this??? Thanks for your help in advance.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All these solutions didn't work for me. I have the latest 1.4.6.2 and no modules showed cause memory limit. I made a new folder modules1 and moved all the modules to this new folder, the original modules folder is empty now.. I tried the modules tab again and no problem. When I move a module to the original modules folder, the problem is back. Only with one module. This couldn't have anything to do with memory or am I wrong?

Edit: I also changed the values in the modules database to '0' not active.

Edit2: I managed to load all the modules, there is only one who is giving problems "dejala", I deleted this one and my problems are gone.

Hi peeke,

What error message do you have when you only put one module ?

I didn't get a message at all, it just didn't load, but it could be a mistake from me, sorry.

I found another issue.

I managed to load all the modules, there is only one who is giving problems "dejala", I deleted this one and my problems are gone. All the modules are loading perfect without this dejala (what does this module do?

not untill now, still testing

Edit: I didn't find any problems after deleting dejala module. So I did get memomy limit issues before, but it seems it hasn't got anything to do with memory (in my config, don't know if this was the same problem with other users)

ok my conclusion is that dejala is the problem.

I've tested it on 2 differend shops on two different servers (both memory 64)

-If you delete the dejala module on the server with ftp, it could be that the problem remains

-move all the modules from the modules folder to a folder on your pc (or another folder with differend name on the server, but I didn't test this)

-delete all the modules from the original modules folder

-go to your backoffice/modules and look if the problem is still there, if it is, then I don't know ;)

-copy all modules (except dejala) from your folder on pc (or new folder on server) to the original folder.

(I copied them not all together, but in a bunch of 10, just to test in backoffice/modules if there were problems)

-now it should be ok in your backoffice/modules

Don't ask me why this strange behaviour is showing. I don't know, but hey, it works, so whatever :D

I also have version 1.4.5.1 and some modules don´t load. For example Groupdiscount. It still doesn´t load even after doing this:

I deleted Dejala from my modules folder

I changed config/config.inc.php and added:

/* Improve PHP configuration to prevent issues */

ini_set('memory_limit','128M');

But I when I check for the memory I get this, where Local Value is 128M but Master Value is only 32M:

imagen8hn.png

I also have version 1.4.5.1 and some modules don´t load. For example Groupdiscount. It still doesn´t load even after doing this:

I deleted Dejala from my modules folder

I changed config/config.inc.php and added:

/* Improve PHP configuration to prevent issues */

ini_set('memory_limit','128M');

But I when I check for the memory I get this, where Local Value is 128M but Master Value is only 32M:

My problem was that none of the modules loaded and I got a error in the backoffice about my memory limit that was to small.

The solution I gave was for this problem. BTW I didn't change my config file, it is still original! My memory is 64M and I have 111 modules. Prestashop 1.4.6.2

Tested and working on 2 shops

There are some other modules that don´t load and I now I have memory to 128M.

For example I try to activate autoupgrade and I get this message

Warning: copy(/var/www/vhosts/aldeaglobaltarifa.com/httpdocs/tiendaweb/1aldea123/autoupgrade/ajax-upgradetab.php) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/vhosts/aldeaglobaltarifa.com/httpdocs/tiendaweb/modules/autoupgrade/autoupgrade.php on line 91

error2.pngThe following module(s) were not installed successfully:<p class="error">

• autoupgrade

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...