Voucher code at checkout

When someone is placing a order on my website www.fitnesswinkel.com they can't fill in the voucher code.

So when someone put's something in his basket:

• they have to fill in there infotmation
  • choose there way for payment

But nowhere they can fill in the vouchercode accept if they go to there shoppingcart but I like to have it that they can fill it in before they choose there payment type.

Anyone?

Hello misa,

I see, i have version 1.4.4 and the AdminDiscounts.php differs a lot with PS 1.3.5.

You can try this, i have attached the AdminDiscounts.php from PS 1.3.5 and added the part for choosing display on the cart on summary page.

Go to your ftp root public_html/admin/tabs/ here your rename your AdminDiscounts.php to AdminDiscounts.php.BAK, now copy my file to this folder.

Make sure before you start to set Force compile to ON and Cache to OFF.

Now go to vouchers and look if new option is added and if it works when enabled.

After all is done you can setting back to Force compile to OFF and Cache to ON.

If it not works you can delete the new added file and remove .BAK again and all is like it was before.

It is worth trying ;)

Regards,

ysco..

AdminDiscounts.zip

$smarty = new Smarty();

$smarty->template_dir = _PS_THEME_DIR_.'tpl';

$smarty->compile_dir = _PS_SMARTY_DIR_.'compile';

$smarty->cache_dir = _PS_SMARTY_DIR_.'cache';

$smarty->config_dir = _PS_SMARTY_DIR_.'configs';

$smarty->caching = false;

$smarty->force_compile = true; // to pass "false" when put into production

$smarty->compile_check = false;

//$smarty->debugging = true;

$smarty->debug_tpl = _PS_ALL_THEMES_DIR_ . 'debug.tpl';

This is what I have now in my smarty.config.inc.php

Hello misa ;)

Sorry i was forgotten that you had PS 1.3.x this feature is now standard in PS 1.4 and can be controlled from Back office but you must do it the old fashion way.

Just change this line $smarty->compile_check = false; to $smarty->compile_check = true;

After your done renaming the AdminDiscounts.php to .BAK and uploaded my AdminDiscounts.php to the correct directory then you set this to false again.

You can also when your done deleting all things from the compile folder except the index.php, the folder can be found here public_html/tools/smarty/compile

Now test and see if the changes are working.

Regards,

ysco..

Didn't help..............but the strange thing is that when I want to login nothing happens.....stay's on the same page.

What will help for the voucher thing is that maybe I have to change the button Afrekenen and that it's goign to the shoppingcart............but niw I am stuck on that I can't login

• 4 years later...

If customer views the cart they will get the option to enter a voucher code, not if they go straight to checkout, I have the same frustrating problem.

Did any find a solution for this? A lot of my customers don't use their voucher codes because they are confused how to enter them because there is no option to enter them during the checkout. The only option to enter is to go to the cart and enter it there BEFORE going through the checkout