Exporting orders information... how?

Bors

I've been trying to do something and I can seem to find an easy way...

I want to print out a list of the orders placed. Ideally, I'd like i sorted in a way that it contains only orders of selected item and displays the order number and name of everyone who purchased.

Is there a function of this sort available through PrestaShop, or do I need to export the database and try to sort it from there?

Thanks in advance for any help.

That does look like what I might need... Gave it a try. I see you can't select only the orders of a certain products to be exported. That wouldn't be a problem, since you could sort that in Excel afterwards. For some reason though, I can't get Excel to open it and display the info in separate columns instead of bunching everything in the first... Are there certain "Export Settings" other than the default ones you have there that you need to set in order for Excell to read it afterwards?

Anyhow...

Does this mean that the stock PrestaShop is very limited in terms of customizing data export through the admin interface?

You can do this with a button in Excel. In my version (in dutch), it is called "tekst naar kolommen" In english, I think it will be something like "text to columns" With that, it will devide the line from one column to the columns needed, based on the ";" in your line of text.