Need Upload photo as product script/module etc

Diopter

Hi. I'm really not sure where to post this, so please do move if it's not right.

I've searched the net and here but to no avail. If someone has a solution, this would be great.

I need some kind of option to be able to upload a folder full of images and for each of them to be created as individual products under a pre-defined template.

At the moment, setting up an individual product with all it's attributes, variations and suchlike, duplicating and uploading an individual photo is just taking too long. Especially when you have hundreds of images to upload.

We want the ability to be able to upload an 'album' of say... 300-400 photos as a subcategory, each photo becoming a product and following a template in regards to the combinations it comes as - available print sizes etc.

Prestashop is great and we do love it, have used it for many projects but we are looking to use it as a photographer's shop for selling wedding photos. Setting categories, combinations, attributes and everything for each product is easy enough, giving all the functionality we need, but it's just simply too slow a process to upload each photograph to each project, one by one. Duplication does speed this up, but you still have to go back in to the item, upload an image and save each time.

If someone can point me in the way of, or develop something that allows each uploaded image to become a product, that would be truly incredible.

Thanks so much, I hope I have explained this well enough.

Hi Mike, Thanks for your reply.

Sadly this thread just seems to be all over the place with discussion, conflicts and updates and I would appreciate if someone could come along with a simple response.

My understanding so far is that we would have to create a csv template with basic attributes, information and the like, copy and edit this information for multiple product ids, then input the url of the image for each and every item that we have previously uploaded to our server.

This still seems like a very very long-winded method and no shorter than cloning and inputting the photo each time.

Ideally, we would like a module whereby we could select a template of values, browse to a folder full of images and each of them would be imported automatically as individual products.

Would this be out of the reach of a good programmer?

Anyone up to the challenge?

Hi, i am bumping this to see if anyone has any ideas. I got a pm today feom someone in the same boat.

Any one able to come up with anything? I could design and build a front end for it and probably define what it needed to do in Structured English, But the programming is beyond me at the moment.

In fact, I will look into doing that. I will design and build the necessary input fields and forms and draw up S.E. For the functions so a programmer can do the rest...