Jack

.csv for importing to quickbooks

Do we have a module to export payment, category, inventory, and sale to a csv file? I know we have an export order module. But we need all of the above .csv so that we can import all of the data to Quickbooks. My C.P.A. requests all of these .csv to make the import and she agree to make the import works and writes a module and a detail how to import and set up accounts in the Quickbooks for the community free of charge. If anyone can show us how to produce these .csv files, we will have the quickbooks importing module on the way.

Thanks

I'd love to see a quickbooks module! :)

Me too. =)

I need to have QuickBooks Merchant Services on my store. If anybody knows of anything similar, I'd appreciate the link.

I've been talking with the people over at Intuit (QuickBooks) and every single time, they ask me "Are you using an approved QuickBooks shopping cart (GoDaddy, Homestead, Web.com, and UltraCart)?" Some of the agents have even told me that I couldn't use QuickBooks unless I use one of their approved carts. I can see how easily somebody who's new to the ecommerce world could be swayed to using one of those carts. If PrestaShop released a module (hint hint wink wink) that integrated with QBMS and got the QuickBooks recommendation status, I'd bet that that would give a serious competitive advantage to PrestaShop.

Best bet would be to do what was finally done with the USPS module. Go to a site like getafreelancer to get a cost then ask people to contribute to get it done as a module.

is linking prestashop to quickbook a dead subject? can we do anything to have a module?

Has there been any movement on this? I also would like to see something done and would be up for chipping in on this.

Hi, found PrestaShop from a reference in the Smarty IRC channel.

I like that it uses Smarty. Looks interesting, but will definitely need credit card payment modules to gain more popular use.

Have used OSCommerce & it's fork, ZenCArt on the open source side, which of course are older projects so have much more developed code. (Quantity, not necessarily quality!)

Have also hooked into Authorize (in a hand-rolled Smarty project) via John Conde's GNU code.

Have looked at ZC's intuit module (which came from OSC), but alas, current customer has a short deadline. Don't think I have time to mold it to Presta's needs at the moment.

Still, PrestaShop looks like an interesting project, will have to keep an eye on it...

LOVE to see a quickbooks export module! Takes a whole morning to copy all the month end over to QB. It'd be wonderful to do it at the click of a button ;)

We are using salesorder.com (moved over from Quick Books) they are releasing a prestashop import and a real time XML-RPC link.

I've just added a module in the addons section that exports the orders to a csv that is Quickbooks compatible. It also has a date range facility.
Export Orders To Quickbooks CSV

Did anyone get this module? can anyone confirm it works with out issues?

If PrestaShop released a module (hint hint wink wink) that integrated with QBMS and got the QuickBooks recommendation status, I'd bet that that would give a serious competitive advantage to PrestaShop.

port23user, have you figured out a way to get prestashop working with QBMS? it's been 3 yrs