phrasespot

[MODULE] Emailmaster - compose, save and send emails

I will not be developing this module any further. Module codebase and rights has been transferred to another member of these forums, Marty Shue of Carolina Custom Designs, who I have no doubt will continue to maintain the quality the users of the module have come to expect. All further queries about the module should be made to Marty.

• Like 5

Great, THX ;]

Please add subscribers from newsletter block to customers

Great, THX ;]

You're welcome

Good idea. I will look into this.

This is now done in the latest version. Let me know if you have a problem.

Do you know that you can edit email layout with ps1.4 using Tools/translation/mails/ ?

Do you know that you can edit email layout with ps1.4 using Tools/translation/mails/ ?

Yes, I do.

This module is not an email layout editor for the handful of email templates provided as default by Prestashop. With this module you can create an unlimited number of multi-language templates, create emails from these templates and send them to customers, non-customers and now in the latest version, to newsletter subscribers who subscribed via Newsletter module. This latter functionality, i.e., sending arbitrary emails to selected recipients at will is not possible with Prestashop default install.

• Like 2

:blink: :blink: Cool. Thanks for sharing. :blink: :blink:

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

I have a little problem!!!

My hosting doesn't have the zip php extension! how can I install (manually) your module?

Thanks!

My hosting doesn't have the zip php extension! how can I install (manually)

Download the zip to your desktop, unzip and transfer the unzipped folder and its content to installation's modules directory using an FTP program.

Then visit Back Office > Modules and it should be listed under Advertising & Marketing group. Let me know if you need more comprehensive instructions.

Cool. Thanks for sharing
You're welcome

Wow, that's great module, thanks for sharing!

For future version please try to add "unsubscribe" link function, if possible ... then this module will be perfect! Thank you again!

You're welcome.

For future version please try to add "unsubscribe" link function, if possible

I think this functionality would be outside the responsibilities of this module. There is a built-in unsubscribe functionality for registered customers. Non-customer newsletter subscribers who registered for the newsletter via the newsletter module can unsubscribe themselves using the same method, but yeah, there is no easy way for the shop owner to unsubscribe those. Watch this space for a module that will do that :)

Can you make access to this module from BO tabs ???

Yes, this is possible and I have already tried it during development. There are two issues though, The first is its possible location. I tried it as a sub item under Tools tabs, but due to the number of items already there the sub-tabs line folds onto a second row which is not handled well by Prestashop. The second is that the tabs are in flux. In 1.4. an Upgrade tab appeared , then disappeared. v1.5 introduces a new Shops tab. So the tab I hook into may disappear any moment. Could put it into its own tab, but I thought that should be reserved for native functionality. So eventually I opted against having it as a tab/sub-tab item. That said, if there is sufficient demand for this I will reconsider.

For future version please try to add "unsubscribe" link function, if possible ... then this module will be perfect! Thank you again!

You're welcome.

I think this functionality would be outside the responsibilities of this module. There is a built-in unsubscribe functionality for registered customers. Non-customer newsletter subscribers who registered for the newsletter via the newsletter module can unsubscribe themselves using the same method, but yeah, there is no easy way for the shop owner to unsubscribe those. Watch this space for a module that will do that :)

There is now a module that will do this. Give it a try and let me know if that was not what you meant.

No, this is not what I meant ... I mean that when sending a newsletter to the customer, for example the "If you do not want to receive this newsletter anymore, please click unsubscribe (<-- this is link to unsubscribe function)." is included at the bottom of this email. And when customer clicks on this link it gets unsubscribed from future newsletter automatically ... Possible?

No, this is not what I meant ... I mean that when sending a newsletter to the customer, for example the "If you do not want to receive this newsletter anymore, please click unsubscribe (<-- this is link to unsubscribe function)." is included at the bottom of this email. And when customer clicks on this link it gets unsubscribed from future newsletter automatically ... Possible?

Ahh...I see. At the risk of stating the obvious, this module does not do any newsletter registration. When Prestashop native module newsletter block is enabled, one gets an option to register for the newsletter during account creation. Also a block is added to the front office for newsletter registration/unregistration without creating an account. This module uses data from those registrations to do what it does.

So, once someone registers for the newsletter, or opts-in for correspondence from third parties, the only way for that person to unregister/opt-out again is to a) log-in to account and unregister/opt-out using "My Account" or B) visit home page where the block appears and select unregister (assuming they are lucky and newsletter block module is still active. If in the interim you disabled the newsletter block, then disaster ensues....no way for customers to unsubscribe/opt-out, and subscription of non-customers are nuked as soon as the newsletter block module is disabled) All in all, this is not most elegantly designed part of prestashop; feels like an afterthought.

Since registration/unregistration is processed via forms on the site and explicit checks are made for values submitted with a POST request it is not possible to give subscribers a link that they can use to unsubscribe. They must visit the shop again to unregister/opt-out, customer or otherwise.

If it was possible to unregister/opt-out via a link, i.e. with a GET request instead of the POST request required now, my module has the ability to include this link per recipient in its latest version; you would just use the shortcode {email} to create the link when you are composing your template.

All is not lost though. If you are willing to make some small changes to the native newsletter block module, this module can be modified to accept GET requests, as well as POST requests so one could subscribe/unsubscibe with a link. First some caveats then how you would go about achieving what you want to do:

Caveats:

• You would be modifying a native Prestashop module. During updates/reinstall, modifications will be overwritten so must be repeated after an update. I am generally against _any_ modification that will not survive across reinstalls/updates. Here I am not recommending you to make changes to your default installation. I am just suggesting a way to solve an issue a user of one my modules is having, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
  • A newsletter registration confirmation email is sent to the subscriber. This is not the case when one unregisters. But that is the default behaviour. We are not making any changes to this. A proper subscription system would send emails in both cases.
  • Subscribe/unsubscribe links to the shop's home page and the result of the operation (success or otherwise) will be shown within the newsletter block module just as it does when that block is used for subscribing/unsubscribing. This may a little obscure for notifications and a proper subscription system might dedicate a result 'page' for this.

What needs changing:

A file of the native Prestashop module Newsletter Block, located at installroot/modules/newsletterblock/blocknewsletter.php

Two methods for this class are modified; newsletterRegistration() and hookLeftColumn(). All occurences of $_POST['somevalue'] are replaced with appropriate replacements to accept both GET'ed and POST'ed values.

I am attaching an already modified blocknewsletter.php. This file is a drop in replacement for version 1.4 of newsletter block module.

I am also attaching a diff file that highlights the modifications made to blocknewsletter.php. In the diff file, a line starting with a minus sign shows the old code and the subsequent line starting with a plus sign shows the replacement made for that line (in case you don't know how to read a diff file).

Subscribe/unsubscribe link in emailmaster templates:

The final step now would be to include a subscribe or unsubscribe link in a template created with emailmaster. Unintuitively (sigh) subscription is denoted by 0 (zero) and unsubscription by 1. Notice the shortcode {email} used in the link's href attribute. Of course you need to replace mydomain.tld with your domain.

<a href="http://mydomain.tld/?email={email}&action=0&submitNewsletter=ok">Subscribe link</a>
<a href="http://mydomain.tld/?email={email}&action=1&submitNewsletter=ok">Unsubscribe link</a>

That is all. Let me know if you have any problems. I am replying to your PM separately.

blocknewsletter.zip

blocknewsletter.php.diff.txt.zip

Hi Phrasespot,

The module(v 1.1.7) will not install correctly, i've got an error when i install your module:

The following module(s) were not installed successfully: emailmaster

I tried installing from the zip file automatically and transferring it manually by ftp with the same result

My prestashop version is 1.4.4.1

what am i doing wrong

maniot

Hi,

Installed your fantastic module but when we send a test email we receive 2 messages... is it normal?

Thank you

when we send a test email we receive 2 messages... is it normal?

No. Module should (and does) only send one email per recipient.

However, the registered email address of the currently logged in employee (possibly you) is automatically added to the recipients list as a convenience (just delete it if you don't want to receive a copy). If the same email is also used as a customer email (e.g. for testing) and you are adding this customer to the recipients list then that may be the reason you are seeing two emails to the same address. In addition, after send operation the module reports the number of recipients successfully processed. That is the number of all emails sent.

Let me know your PrestaShop version if that is not the problem.

Ahhh ok, we are using the email we use to log in in our BO, this is why we received 2 mails.

For future versions, you could add the possibility to add in recipients the groups of the BO and also integrate the possibility to know how many people opened the mail

Thanx

Great module!!!

• Like 1

I have an idea. :). Since there is so much talk about sending newsletter I'm supprise that nobody make module with adding product directly to message in BO and then sending to customers. For sending mails with product is such a time-killer.

Is there such module?

Hi phrasespost,

thanks for your module. Is it compatible with last PS version 1.4.5.1 ?

thanks for your module. Is it compatible with last PS version 1.4.5.1 ?

You're welcome. Yes, 1.4.1.0 or later is fine.

hi!

i'm trying to use your module but i cant!

I can install it but when i try to use it i only get the admin menu and the rest of the page is empty

I have prestashop 1.4.2.5

thanks for the great work!!

edit: for some reason i had enabled the use of smarty2 instead of 3!! great module thanks a lot!

You're welcome. Yes, 1.4.1.0 or later is fine.

Thank you very much

There is an option to use the WYSIWYG editor. All you need to do is to activate that option and the emails will be sent as HTML.

thanks for your module

May I modify the messages of prestashop?

May I modify the messages of prestashop?

You don't need a module to modify the native PS email templates. Go to Back Office > Tools > Translations and select E-mail Template translations from the Modify translations drop-down

Ahhh Fantastic!!! I had to save settings after clicking on the WYSIWYG editor. Great Module!!!

When we have for example 5 languages, does it detect automaticly to which recipients they must send the newsletter in spanish, in french, in german...???

Or maybe we should have the possibility to add the groups we have for diferent users, so that we can create later the Group for Spanish, German, French, etc...

Thanx!!!

When we have for example 5 languages, does it detect automaticly to which recipients they must send the newsletter in spanish, in french, in german...

Think about what you are asking. Can you, by looking at your customer list, tell what language they speak? My name is Maximillian and I live in Thailand. What is my native language?

You can however select the relevant language template and populate the recipients as required. Then repeat for other languages.

maybe we should have the possibility to add the groups we have for diferent users

Maybe... I may add this to a future version. You are welcome to send in a patch for this functionality meanwhile and I will merge it to the code.

jajaajaj I understand that first possibility is dificult... But I thought that maybe in Prestashop as we have 5 languages, each customer is asigned to one of these 5 languages...

Doing the group maybe it is easier then, but we are not developpers so I can't send you a path... I really think is important cause if not how do you send diferent emails with diferent laguages to your customers?

THANXXXX

Hi Phrasespot,

I installed your module v 1.2.3 on PS v1.4.3 and send my first 60 emails and it works great! Easy to install and to use.

I really like the multilingual option as i have French, English and Dutch clients.

Would it be an idea to have the possibility to see which language to use when adding recipients (it's not always possible to determine upon their name or email address)?

Keep up the great work

it works great! Easy to install and to use

Great to hear.

Would it be an idea to have the possibility to see which language to use when adding recipients

As I explained in a previous post in this thread, it is impossible to determine a customer's language. One can guess that a customer giving an address in a specific country speaks the native language of that country but then again the order may be a present for someone else, it may be purchased during a business trip and shipped to a hotel, the country in question may have more than one official language, customer may have registered multiple addresses in countries speaking different languages etc etc.

The only reason that the language can be determined when a registered user visits the shop is reading a previously placed cookie (though it is still not certain that it is actually customer's native language, just that it is the preferred language from the languages offered by the shop), or the action customer performs in changing the language. We don't get any of these luxuries in customer absence.

The only sure way would be to ask customer during registration, or to be certain to a degree, to record the selected language in a previous visit.

it's not always possible to determine upon their name or email address

What piece of information would make you determine the language customer speaks? Say I am your customer, my name is Li Ho and I have registered three addresses in France, Scotland and Holland. Say again that the module provides all of this info to you in BO. Which language you would use for emails you send to me?

This module is great just think he lacks the ability to add name, las name, email or that type of customer-related things that make it more attractive and do not think that is spam.

This module is great just think he lacks the ability to add name, las name, email or that type of customer-related things that make it more attractive

Did you actually have a look and read ANY of the extensive module help? You can add customer name, last name and email by simply using the shortcodes {firstname} {lastname} and {email} respectively.

19122011053712.jpg

I'm really sorry, had not touched the help tab, maybe we are several we have not seen this, because it is easy to make the sending of mails, do not touch the help section, would be more visible as a comment on the Compose tab it's just a humble opinion, the module is great and now learned that is more great for me hahaha.

Take the space to talk to you about that I'm very interested in a module you are developing "Product Query" and that had me very interested in some options, I know maybe have to pay something for that like Premium Modules.

I am interested in the questions and answers about the product were visible to all customers and can ask only the people who are registered, something like the image, if you can send me an mp, greetings.

post-286411-0-26539100-1324283641_thumb.jpg

post-286411-0-78926500-1324283652_thumb.jpg

Phrasespot,

I agree with you about not being sure of the language spoken. But PS sends emails like e.g. order confirmation in the language the customer ordered. The language the customer used is present in the database in the table PS_orders. If it would be possible to use this you would be more certain to have the right language to use to send the email. Now i'm really guessing what language to use upon their name or the extension of their email address. When it is a customer with a french name living in Holland and speaking Dutch he would have ordered in Dutch with e.g. a hotmail address like francais@hotmail.com, so i would choose a french newsletter to send upon this information. If i had the information that the customer had placed an order in Dutch i would have known that he speaks Dutch.

regards Niek

because it is easy to make the sending of mails, do not touch the help section

OK. next time I'll try to make the module harder to comprehend :)

would be more visible as a comment on the Compose tab

I agree, but I though that space would be better used for a larger composing surface (although there is a full screen compose button in WYSIWYG editor, not for plain-text editor) Just a copy/paste job so if it will make the life easier I will add it there as well next time I am working on the module.

"Product Query"

The module is still under development and due to approaching christmas things are going a little bit slow. But I like the idea. I will look into it. Do not expect anything before mid January though

The language the customer used is present in the database in the table PS_orders.

OK then, I guess it is better than nothing. Would having the language of the last order, i.e. the email entry also showing the language recorded in orders table serve your purposes? Though that will not be possible for newsletter subscribers.

• Like 1

OK then, I guess it is better than nothing. Would having the language of the last order, i.e. the email entry also showing the language recorded in orders table serve your purposes? Though that will not be possible for newsletter subscribers.

Yes that would serve me well, i don't have many newsletter subscribers. Clients are the most important, for the newsletter subscribers i can continue as before; guessing their language up on their name or email address. In the db is only their ip address available and that isn't reliable at all. So if it would be possible to show the language or sort by language that would be great! As you said "I guess it is better than nothing"

Thanks again for your great job

Regards

Niek

I just discovered this module and tested it. This is absolutely awesome! I was going to install a third party email script and link it to the customer database, but this has everything I need. Thanks for this super contribution to the Prestashop community.

I was playing and used the BO dbBackup to restore the database. I get the following SQL error if I try and restore the SQL database if it was backed up with this module activated. Is there a way around this for future backups?

Error
SQL query:
CREATE TABLE `ps_emailmaster_lang` (
`id_emailmaster_lang` int( 10 ) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
`id_emailmaster` int( 10 ) unsigned NOT NULL ,
`id_lang` int( 10 ) unsigned NOT NULL ,
`subject` varchar( 255 ) NOT NULL ,
`body` text NOT NULL ,
PRIMARY KEY ( `id_emailmaster_lang` ) ,
KEY `fk_id_emailmaster` ( `id_emailmaster` ) ,
KEY `fk_id_lang` ( `id_lang` ) ,
CONSTRAINT `fk_id_emailmaster` FOREIGN KEY ( `id_emailmaster` ) REFERENCES `ps_emailmaster` ( `id_emailmaster` ) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE ,
CONSTRAINT `fk_id_lang` FOREIGN KEY ( `id_lang` ) REFERENCES `ps_lang` ( `id_lang` ) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE
) ENGINE = InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET = utf8;
MySQL said: Documentation
#1005 - Can't create table './chnycus_shop/ps_emailmaster_lang.frm' (errno: 150) (Details...)

this has everything I need. Thanks

Glad to hear it. you're welcome.

I was playing and used the BO dbBackup to restore the database. I get the following SQL error if I try and restore the SQL database if it was backed up with this module activated. Is there a way around this for future backups?

open the backup file and locate SET NAMES statement (should be the first statement in the backup file). Immediately below it, add the following statement:

SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS = 0;

Then scroll to the end of the backup file and add the following statement:

SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS = 1;

Try the restore op again. Let me know if this did not solve your problem.

The module uses constraints in the form of foreign keys referencing module's other table and a native table, something PrestaShop does not care much hence the backup is omitting those statements. This is the reason you are seeing this error. The first statement turns off the foreign key checks during import and the second enables it again after the import completes. I created an improvement ticket in the tracker, vote for it if you feel like it.

The module uses constraints in the form of foreign keys referencing module's other table and a native table, something PrestaShop does not care much hence the backup is omitting those statements. This is the reason you are seeing this error. The first statement turns off the foreign key checks during import and the second enables it again after the import completes. I created an improvement ticket in the tracker, vote for it if you feel like it.

That worked. I also voted on the tracker you posted. Thanks!

Database backups are important for recovery. I'm very diligent to perform them because there is so much to loose. Making the backup process painless (without manual edits) should be a priority for the Prestashop team.

That worked.

Great

Database backups are important for recovery. I'm very diligent to perform them because there is so much to loose.

True, true.

Making the backup process painless (without manual edits) should be a priority for the Prestashop team.

Current DB design leaves much to be desired, omitting the statements we just added is least of its problems. I refer you to the colorful comment made by a member about state of affairs :/

Is there a default throttler value on swifty? Can it be modified?

The module implements throttling if, and only if, SMTP is used for mail transport. Currently it pauses for 30 seconds after every 99 emails before continuing again. Looking back, this value could be made configurable easily. I will add this to the TODO list for the module. Meanwhile, you can modify it in EmailmasterSwiftAdapter class around line 92:

if ($this->_getMailMethod() == 2) {
		$batch = 99;
		$pause = 30;//secs

Let me know if you need further help.

The module implements throttling if, and only if, SMTP is used for mail transport. Currently it pauses for 30 seconds after every 99 emails before continuing again. Looking back, this value could be made configurable easily. I will add this to the TODO list for the module. Meanwhile, you can modify it in EmailmasterSwiftAdapter class around line 92:

if ($this->_getMailMethod() == 2) {
		$batch = 99;
		$pause = 30;//secs

Let me know if you need further help.

My host puts a limit of 400 per hour. I'm not sure the Anti-Flood plug in the EmailmasterSwiftAdapter will work to set that limit. I noticed in the file folders there's a Throttler plugin and it can be implemented with the following:

require_once 'lib/swift_required.php';

//Create the Mailer using any Transport

$mailer = Swift_Mailer::newInstance(

Swift_SmtpTransport::newInstance('smtp.example.org', 25)

);

//Rate limit to 100 emails per-minute

$mailer->registerPlugin(new Swift_Plugins_ThrottlerPlugin(

100, Swift_Plugins_ThrottlerPlugin::MESSAGES_PER_MINUTE

));

//Rate limit to 10MB per-minute

$mailer->registerPlugin(new Swift_Plugins_ThrottlerPlugin(

1024 * 1024 * 10, Swift_Plugins_ThrottlerPlugin::BYTES_PER_MINUTE

));

//Continue sending as normal

for ($lotsOfRecipients as $recipient) {

$mailer->send( ... );

}

I have no idea where to insert this code in order to implement the Throttler. Any help would be appreciated.

Download the latest version from the module's page and use BO configuration to set the values as required. This version also implements customer version indicators @maniot and others asked for.

Hello phrasespot

It seems to have a little bug, when opening a tab then closes automatically, I need to click "Expand all" to use one of the tabs.

Download the latest version from the module's page and use BO configuration to set the values as required. This version also implements customer version indicators @maniot and others asked for.

Hello Phrasespot,

I downloaded and installed version 1.2.5 and i see something has changed in "add recipients" but i don't see their language as you suggested in your post, isn't it available yet or is there some error somewhere?

regards Niek

Have installed version 1.2.5. I'm having the tab closing issue and also can see no BO configuration for Anti Flood and Throttler.

Everyone having problems, first uninstall the module, then delete. Download latest copy from the module's site. Do not install yet.

Set Back office > Preferences > Performance > Force compile = yes, Cache= no

Now install the module.

Revert cache and compile settings if you like.

It seems to have a little bug, when opening a tab then closes automatically, I need to click "Expand all" to use one of the tabs.

Let me know if you continue to experience any problem after above steps

I downloaded and installed version 1.2.5 and i see something has changed in "add recipients" but i don't see their language as you suggested in your post,

There are two possible ways, 1) the new buttons labels with with language to add customers whose last order was placed in that language, 2) when you hover over an entry the tooltip includes language after the email (if they placed an order). Try above steps and Let me know if you continue to experience any problem after above steps

Have installed version 1.2.5. I'm having the tab closing issue and also can see no BO configuration for Anti Flood and Throttler.

Let me know if you continue to experience this problem after above steps

Everyone having problems, first uninstall the module, then delete. Download latest copy from the module's site. Do not install yet.

Now install the module.

I just overwrote the old directory and didn't uninstall. Turning off cache and enabling recompile worked immediately. After that, put the cache and compile settings back to normal, and everything works fine.

Turning off cache and enabling recompile worked immediately.

Yep, as a general rule when you are making _ANY_ modifications in BO turn off all performance tweaks. PS is over zealous in its caching.

I just overwrote the old directory and didn't uninstall.

As a general rule, it is better to uninstall because, for example, if a file was removed on a later version, overwriting with that version will leave that file in place. This was not the case in this version but still it is good practice to remove the older version first.

Everyone having problems, first uninstall the module, then delete. Download latest copy from the module's site. Do not install yet. Set Back office > Preferences > Performance > Force compile = yes, Cache= no Now install the module.

You were right, now i can see multilanguage option and another option and tap closing automatically now stop, thanks phrasespot very grateful to you

Now install the module.

Let me know if you continue to experience any problem after above steps

There are two possible ways, 1) the new buttons labels with with language to add customers whose last order was placed in that language, 2) when you hover over an entry the tooltip includes language after the email (if they placed an order). Try above steps and Let me know if you continue to experience any problem after above steps

You are the best! Thanks!

phrasespot - I've encountered two minor issues using 1.2.5 and worked around them. Would you put these on your list to look at next time you do an upgrade?

1. I am unable to save from the BO updates to the configuration parameters other than WYSIWYG editor preference. I worked around this by manually updating the parameters in the ps_configuration table. The symptom is when "Save Settings" is pressed, I get a blank screen that displays only the Back Office > Modules pipe.

2. Once a template is saved, I am unable to edit and save with the same name. The template has to be renamed to be saved, then deleted.

Finally a suggestion for installing future updates. Saved templates appear to be deleted when the module is uninstalled for upgrade. Suggest that there be a switch that allows retaining saved templates and settings if desired.

Once again - great work! These are not show stoppers but a convenience. Thanks!

1. I am unable to save from the BO updates to the configuration parameters

Hmm.. OK, maybe I broke something while adding extra parameters. I will do some tests. Does this happen regardless of the options selected or just with specific options? If so what are those? I would appreciate if you can edit /config/config.inc.php and replace:

@ini_set('display_errors', 'off');
define('_PS_DEBUG_SQL_', false);

with

@ini_set('display_errors', 'on');
define('_PS_DEBUG_SQL_', true);

That will possibly give us the answer what is wrong. Remember to revert afterwards.

2. Once a template is saved, I am unable to edit and save with the same name. The template has to be renamed to be saved, then deleted.

Yes, I realize that is an inconvenience, though minor. I will look into it at some point.

Finally a suggestion for installing future updates. Saved templates appear to be deleted when the module is uninstalled for upgrade. Suggest that there be a switch that allows retaining saved templates and settings if desired.

I agree. That is a pretty drastic if you had a few templates you spent hours preparing. I consider this high priority and will fix it as soon as.

Hmm.. OK, maybe I broke something while adding extra parameters. I will do some tests. Does this happen regardless of the options selected or just with specific options? If so what are those? I would appreciate if you can edit /config/config.inc.php and replace:

@ini_set('display_errors', 'off');
define('_PS_DEBUG_SQL_', false);

with

@ini_set('display_errors', 'on');
define('_PS_DEBUG_SQL_', true);

That will possibly give us the answer what is wrong. Remember to revert afterwards.

Here is the error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function preg_filter() in /...../shop/modules/emailmaster/emailmaster.php on line 221

OK, that is a PHP compatibility regression. You must have a version earlier than PHP 5.3. In a few hours I will upload a new version to solve the problem you're having.

If this helps - here is the configuration info from BO

Server information

Prestashop Version: 1.4.6.2

Server information: Linux #1 SMP Tue Apr 12 18:52:55 EDT 2011 i686

Server software Version: Apache

PHP Version: 5.2.17

MySQL Version: 5.0.92-community

Fatal error: Call to undefined function

It was sloppy coding :/ Try again with 1.2.6 pls.

Saved templates appear to be deleted when the module is uninstalled for upgrade. Suggest that there be a switch that allows retaining saved templates and settings if desired.

1.2.6 also implements this.

1.2.6 works great in all respects. Thanks phrasespot. I like the configuration check boxes that allow saving templates and settings so they are not lost in future upgrades.

Hi Phrasespot,

Really great, i installed version 1.2.6 and it works really good. The module does everything i need!

Thanks again for all your work.

regards Niek

Phrasespot - Happy New Year!

I have a suggestion for a future upgrade to this module. Many users have created "Groups" under the Customer tab in the BO. It would be helpful if these groups could be provided as options in the "Add Recipients" section of your module. That would permit sending the email to whoever is a member of a particular group selected.

I believe the relationship exists between the fields id_customer and id_group in the table ps_customer_group

Also - for useability - it may be beneficial to be able to expand and collapse the center column with the various categories / groups in the "Add Recipients" section as more are added. For example - Groups, Language, Newsletter Subscribers and Opt-In might be headings that could be expanded or collapsed.

Phrasespot - Happy New Year!

I have a suggestion for a future upgrade to this module. Many users have created "Groups" under the Customer tab in the BO. It would be helpful if these groups could be provided as options in the "Add Recipients" section of your module. That would permit sending the email to whoever is a member of a particular group selected.

I believe the relationship exists between the fields id_customer and id_group in the table ps_customer_group

Also - for useability - it may be beneficial to be able to expand and collapse the center column with the various categories / groups in the "Add Recipients" section as more are added. For example - Groups, Language, Newsletter Subscribers and Opt-In might be headings that could be expanded or collapsed.

Its great idea

Hello,

I think your module does not send email with limits per minute. I did a test and if I put a limit of 1 email per minute is sent all at once.

Can I help you?

Thanks in advance

I think your module does not send email with limits per minute. I did a test and if I put a limit of 1 email per minute is sent all at once.

I need more information. How is the PS email setup? Are you using PHP or SMTP to send email, or the local MTA set via module? What is the module configuration?

Hello,

I'm doing tests with php mail settings and I tried to send emails to 10 different accounts, that I have setup, with thechosen configuration of only 1 email per minute, but I received all the mails in the same minute and it should have taken 10 minutes so that my server doesn't block up when you have get than 200 emails the chosen.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

My configuration but I received all the mails in the same minute

Thanks in advance

post-306707-0-81723500-1325698938_thumb.jpg

This answers only half of what I asked. Go to Back Office > Preferences > E-mail and tell me the setting there

You are using PHP to send email. You cannot control the rate of send w/o SMTP. Switch to SMTP (or to your server's installed MTA) if you want to use rate limiting. I will update the module to make it more clear.

Very good module!, But gives me a problem, when I click to open a tab that opens but automatically closes again, Ido it with all tabs,while opening up works (open) but it closes automatically,the only way open is to expand all tabs individually is impossible because it is open but close automatically, thanks and greetings.

Best Regards

a tab that opens but automatically closes again,

Delete all files in /tools/smarty/compile/ directory, except index.php, and try again.

Hello, thank you ! indeed there came the problem, I had forgotten the truth of smarty. Definitely not working today more because I do not think, jajajaja, so I'll clear my mind, thank you very much friend !

Best Regards

Good afternoon and very thanks for you help.

I have configured the smtp sending (image 1)

I receive 2 emails per minute correctly as I have in the configuration (image3 and image2)

I have 2500 email address in my site.

After 5 minuts appears the image 4 ( I suppose it is the max_execution_time) but in your instrucción are:

"Depending on the configuration options chosen, and the number of the recipients, it may take a while to complete the send operation. You can leave this page when the send operation is in process; sending will continue in the background"

Only send 140 email after stop the sending. (2 for minute)

I think with the max_execution_time configuration can not be sent to the 2500 smtp server addresses.

I can not further increase the max_execution_time

Thanks in advance.

post-306707-0-70341000-1325866811_thumb.jpg

post-306707-0-56769200-1325866817_thumb.jpg

post-306707-0-72554700-1325866823_thumb.jpg

post-306707-0-96931200-1325866827_thumb.jpg

servi - I had a similar problem. I was able to get past the problem by NOT selecting the debug option in the send screen of Emailmaster.

For Phrasespot - you may want to consider a future update to have the debug option write to a text file that is available for download, rather than to dump the log to screen.

Hello phrasespot,

I have a cuestion for you, how do we know that all emails have been sent successfully if we lose the connection to the Web?

I have configured the smtp sending..

but in your instrucción are:...

First, if you set the field Sendmail, it will be used in preference regardless of whether the SMTP or PHP mail is set in PrestaShop configuration. If you want module to use SMTP, then leave that field blank.

PHP's max_execution_time dictates how long a (any) PHP script can continue executing. When max_execution_time is reached, whether the script is finished what it is doing or not, it is interrupted by the PHP runtime.

I now display recipient count and max_execution time above the send button, but there is no way for me to calculate email send rate on _your_ server (well, there is but sufficienly involved not to bother). So, before you click on send, you must consider:

a) the number of the recipients

B) max_execution_time

c) any throttling you configured

d) any antiflood pause you configured

e) server's email send throughput

Then you will have a rough idea if the emails will be sent without interruption.

...2 emails per minute..

I have 2500 email address in my site.

Basic maths, 2500/2 = 1250 minutes = 20+ hours. You could turn off max_execution_time (set it to zero) but that is not the solution 20 hours is just too long for any script to execute. Maybe you should export your customer emails and use a dedicated newsletter program.

This though is an interesting problem to solve so I will look into this further when I have time.

For Phrasespot - you may want to consider a future update to have the debug option write to a text file that is available for download, rather than to dump the log to screen.

Now there is a choice of either (v1.3.1.)

I have a cuestion for you, how do we know that all emails have been sent successfully if we lose the connection to the Web?

Use the new option to write a log file and when you reconnect check the module's log directory.

Now there is a choice of either (v1.3.1.)

Use the new option to write a log file and when you reconnect check the module's log directory.

Phrasespot - thanks for the update!

I have installed the new version but not sent any new messages yet. I looked in the configuration and send areas but did not see a check mark for the log file versus screen option. Is the log file always enabled and the screen just an option now? I didn't see anything that covered it in the help section.

Edited: Oops - never mind! I had to clear my browser cache. All is fine now.