[Free Tool] PrestaMan - filter and arrange your products into categories with few clicks

Hello,

I needed to re-arrange move / many products into different categories easily and I came up with a free tool written in Microsoft .NET 4.0 that allows you to:

1. Navigate through categories, filter and select products

2. Sort your products by name, reference, manufacturer, category, price and weight. Filter products by reference, product name, product name, category name, manufacturer name

3. Move many products simultaneously (also known as mass products update, batch products move, group update) into pre-selected category

4. Set the weight of many products (batch / mass / group product weight update)

5. Update the price of many products (batch / mass / group product price update) by % increase or decrease.

5. Edit Category's name, description, link-rewrite, meta title, meta keywords, meta description with few clicks.

This tool connects directly to your database and uses select and update SQL queries.

In order to connect to your MySQL server you may need to:

1. Allow external connections for your MySQL server;

2. Create a new user with password for your MySQL (recommended)

3. Allow the external access (access from internet) of your MySQL user

Here are few screenshots of the PrestaMan tool:

Setup screen:

PrestaMan-setup-screen.jpg

Main Screen:

PrestaMan-main-screen.jpg

The tool requires your Windows to have Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Client Profile) update installed. The PrestaMan's setup will ask you to install it or you can install it manually - http://www.microsoft...ang=en&id=17718 (the update may require few hundreds megabytes available depending on your Windows version).

PrestaMan was tested with Prestashop 1.4 only. Multilingual and bi-lingual Prestashop stores were not tested. Please make sure that you made all the necessary backups of your Prestashop database. Also I don't advise you to use the tool directly into your production (working) store.

Here is the official website: http://www.itdepartment.biz/PrestaMan

Download PrestaMan 1.0 Beta here: http://itdepartment....d/PrestaMan.zip

Please use this free tool only at your own risk!

PrestaMan is adware/spyware/malware free.

• Like 2

Hi Nice one

i connected sucessfull . but how to retrive all products in middle box

also please try develop software to edit prices and edit products . it wil lbe very great full

thanks in Advance

:) johnme

Thank you both,

johnme, in the next version I think to add the option to edit the products and to be able to remove or replace part of the text into product name / product description of many products at once. Currently you are able to change the price of many products by first selecting them and then setting the percentage of price increase or decrease.

In order to view all available products you have to click on 'All products' on the top of left categories tree.

Then if you wish to mass move the selected products into another category you must select the destination category on the category tree view on the right side.

If you are hosting Prestashop on your local computer that has installed Apache/IIS + PHP + mySQL then the host should be: localhost

If you are hosting Prestashop on regular web hosting provider then you can check somewhere in your hosting's control panel for mySQL link or button. In mySQL section you should be able to find the address of the mySQL server as well as to create and grant permissions of a user to access Prestashop's database.

If you don't know how to access your hosting's control panel or can't find the mySQL settings then it would be better to contact your hosting's support for assistance.

Ohh very thanks is great but, how i do find Database Server Address?

• 2 weeks later...

Dimux,

how many languages do you have in your Prestashop? Do you choose the correct language at the setup screen?

mormoniusz,

PrestaMan is using ClickOnce deployment provided by MS Visual Studio. ClickOnce checks if you have .NET Framework 4 intalled (called prerequisite). If there is no .NET Framework 4 installed on the computer it tries to download & install it automatically. Sometimes this behavior is considered suspicios by few antivirus softwares (like AVG). You can either try to install .NET Framework 4.0 manually: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=17718

and see if there is still conflict with your antivirus or you have to disable your antivirus only during the installation. After the installation completes if you are suspicious you can do full scan of your PC. I guarantee that PrestaMan is free of trojans/malwares/loggers or whatever.

Here are some simular issues reported by users using MS Visual Studio ClickOnce:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/winformssetup/thread/f4e1a695-cf67-47fc-a6f8-00543e80cbeb

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/winformssetup/thread/3b13fdfb-7ac6-43dd-bd64-ba717b18ad5f

This doesn't seems to work. Running v1.4. It does show my categories but it says 0 products are listed in any category.

• 5 months later...

A major bug has been fixed.

The download link on the first post is updated.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'm working on the new release that will support product attributes.

• 4 months later...

I have a problem installing:

My tables have a different name. Doesn't start with "ps_" and when I try to install it keeps saying "Could not find the table "ps_lang". Table xxxxx.ps_lang doesn't exist.

Please help!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Peppe83,

There was a bug with multiple listings of products with more than one image.

Regarding the multiple product listing with products in more than 1 category - you can select only one of the categories to be updated (the product to be moved in). For example in your screenshot you can select for the product Acquire only one of the categories to be changed.

A new version has been released.

Changes:

1. Bug with multiple listings of products with more than one image has been fixed

2. Updating Default Category option has been added

3. Product quantity support - you are now able to update the product quantities easily.

The initial download link has been updated.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Just tried it on 1.5.2, as stated it is only tested on 1.4.

Just wanted to let you know, installation & connection went fine.

All product only shows 55 products (while I have over 4000), and selecting a category shows 0 products.

Would have been nice to use this tool, but anyway great job!

Regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Lozaria,

Is there any chance you could make the window full screen?

The reason I'm asking is because I have a lot of categories and I cant see most of them. Or even a scroller so I could scroll down.

Oh, this is very very useful and thanks for sharing

Cheers

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...