Admin login redirect after migrating to new domain on the same server

Hi I was testing my PrestaShop on a subdomain and decided to migrate it over to as new domain. Everything in the front office seems to be working fine but I have zero access to the administrator section. I am tired of forum trolling and can't seem to find one straight answer...I hope someone can help

Thanks

Hi again :), I just thought I would let you know I decided to do a complete re-install, it will probably just be faster...If I have a problem again I will let you know.

Even though it was a bit of a downer, I must say the support and response time was what kept me on presta and will be suggesting it to everyone from now.

Keep it up :)

• 3 weeks later...

@Mike I can't believe its really necessary to perform a clean install after just going from a temp domain to the live one - if so, please elaborate as to exactly why it can't be fixed, only steamrollered?

I've hit this problem now, at the eleventh hour, and its going to delay the launch of the site I'm working on, just as I told the client their domain name purchase was sorted just in the nick of time! I've renamed .htaccess, I've changed settings.inc.php, now I can't access the backoffice at all. It just redirects to

admin/login.php?redirect=index.php

With no error, no message, nada.

Whats holding on to the settings? Its gotta be simpler than that. There's not a good piece of software on the earth that can't handle a change in domain name without a few settings being edited.

Please advise. A reinstall is not an option for me at this late stage.

Thanks!

• 8 months later...

I have the same problem here. Moved from shared hosting to cloud server of the same webhost. Backed up my site, downloaded it to my desktop and FTPd it to cloud server. exported my sql with no compresssion, made a new db at cloud, import the sql... fix the settings.inc.php to show new db server info, site looks fine and works no problem EXCEPT I can't log-in at the admin side. Keeps looping and sending me back to the log-in page. Cart is not working either so is cutomer log-in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been trolling the forum and support page but I cant find anything that helped

• 2 weeks later...

Hi gays!

This problem come to me too ((

I try most of all solution how i can find on forum and in internet but no luck.

Sometimes i can access to BO, but in this case when i try to go to another admin tab or try to search something, i get the login page again. And this is big trouble!

Need help!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I had the same problem. After finishing my store in the test server, I transferred all the files and database to a new and better production server. Everything seemed to be OK, but I couldn't login the admin panel. There was always a loop. No error message, no nada. Finally I changed __PS_BASE_URI__ from "/store/" (original configuration in my test server) to "/" in order to see what error message I would have. Surprisingly, I could login into the admin panel, but without design (the images and CSS failed because of the mistaken base uri, but I was finally, after many hours searching, logged as administrator. Immediately I generate .htacces from GENERATORS. I restored the original configuration to "/store/" and everything in BO went back to normal.

I still have the problem in the FO, cannot login as a customer, neither my cart can be updated.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...