then go to product.css

and add this

code at the end of this

#primary_block #pb-right-column {

float: left;

width: 310px;

}

please tell me whether your problem is solved or not

hi I disable ccc and now it works as you can see...but i didn't understand what code i have to insert in product .css this already exist:

#primary_block #pb-right-column {

float: left;

width: 310px;

}

p.s.

why is there a problem with CCC in the default code?

Hi emiliano,

If you've already disabled CCC and the cart is back in its intended location you don't need to add Ramin's code snippet as well.

As a simple explanation of the problem, there is a bad link between CSS and CCC. Believe it or not, it's caused by a single period in the code. If you want to learn more, you can check out the original bug report on the issue posted here.

Let me know if everything is working for you so that we can mark this as solved!

-Mike

Hey all

Hi emiliano,

If you've already disabled CCC and the cart is back in its intended location you don't need to add Ramin's code snippet as well.

As a simple explanation of the problem, there is a bad link between CSS and CCC. Believe it or not, it's caused by a single period in the code. If you want to learn more, you can check out the original bug report on the issue posted here.

Let me know if everything is working for you so that we can mark this as solved!

-Mike

I looked at link and i followed the last comment suggest:

Maxence DE FLOTTE added a comment - 05/Aug/11 10:29 AM

Hi,

The proble is links with a bad CSS and CCC.

A ".", must be removed in themes/prestashop/css/global.css:

http://scm.prestashop.com/viewrep/PrestaShop_v.1.4.x/themes/prestashop/css/global.css?r1=7806&r2=7899

Best regards,

and now it works with CCC enabled!!!

This just fixed my problem too Mike, Thank you! Also can you tell me which line the period was, I looked at that link in the bug tracker and it is not specific and as there are several lines of code with a "." I would be grateful if you could tell me which line it is on? I would not want to sacrifice page speed if I can get it back by deleting a "."

thanks, Tina

Hit refresh

the products detail page is what goes blank when it says YES use smarty 2 instead of smarty three (pick any product and hit view, that page the center column only is blank)

However then I turned "Use smarty 2 instead of smarty 3" and the entire page went blank, so I turned it back on again to at least see some of the page.

This is version 1.4.4.1 and the theme I am using is the theme that came with it.. I just edited the css and moved in and out some modules.

This was upgraded from 1.3.7 yesterday and total was dead, so I re-did the install and worked on it all night and this morning and it was PERFECT today.

I then just cleared the cache and recompiled and it was fine, then I made one more css change, went to recompile and BLANK.. I un-did the change (simple padding changed from 2 to 3, changed it back to 2) and recompile and thats when it happened..

Well, I figured it out.. when every I get the white screen of death I should know to look at the performance section of the preferences tab..

Seems that I have to have these settings below and the smarty 2 instead of 3 ON to get my site to work.. now the bigger problem is the site is slow.. This is the BRAND NEW VERSION.. the only reason I upgraded was to use these performance settings.

Keep CSS as original

Keep JavaScript as original

Minify HTML after "smarty compile" execution.

Keep inline JavaScript in HTML as original

HTML is compressed but cancels the W3C validation (only when "Minify HTML" is enabled)

Tina,

I just ran two separate page speed tests on your site and got scores of 84/100 and 87/100. I even ran a third test to compare it to the speed of our website and several PS shops of varying sizes, and the difference was negligible. Additionally, I accessed it here on Chrome, Firefox and IE. The homepage loads a little slowly on Firefox, but navigation and everything else on the page is extremely snappy on all three browsers. Where are you getting a 41/100 exactly?

-Mike

Well that is great news! THANKS MIKE! YOU really are great! Thanks for checking that. I usually can figure anything out after enough tinkering. I really love prestashop but this new stuff I am kinda bummed I can not use.

On the home page and the product details page on firefox.

Do you think it could just be our internet connection?

I still can not compress scripts and, well you saw the settings above.. it is not as good as it could be.. any suggestions to go to smarty 3?

If I upgrade later to 1.5 smarty 2 will no longer be supported and it is critical that I get support as needed as I have found I need it more than not. I have too many sites.

This is the last one I had to upgrade to 1.4.

Honestly Tina, my suggestion is to just let it be for now. You can look into whether or not your themes are compatible with Smarty 3 as we approach the release of version 1.5, but as you can see, sometimes the smallest change has large unintended consequences.

I'm guessing the speed issues have a decent amount to do with your internet connection, because reputable speed tests (including Google's own test) have you clocked at a very respectable speed. Here's a great point for comparison as to your speed:

PrestaShop.com: 86

Your Site: 84

CNN.com: 57

I don't think you have anything to worry about :P

-Mike

• 1 year later...

I found it!

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCFI-2909

Global.css haves a break point at end of it. Delete and all will go fine.

In same file, class p.address_navigation haves duplicated padding: into it. Must fix.

For people who cannot see background image (isHas), put image into theme css file instead the top img. (Thanks to Nadie).

Now i can use all CCC options and page speed loads better than ever.

First time load, max 5 sec. Normally load with cache 3 secs.