ODBC interface to Prestashop SQL PROBLEM

I have written a FileMaker Pro interface into PrestaShop which uses ODBC to do the actual database-to-database communications. I am having an interface issue that is preventing ODBC from seeing the entire ps_category_product table. When examining the SQL tables via PHPadmin I can see the table entries for all products including the ones with multiple categories.

The ps_category_product table uses a "category_product_index" that is using both id_category and id_product. I think this is causing a cardinality issue in that ODBC can only see part of the entire table, namely just one category_product record per product_id. This table definition is preventing me from changing and/or deleting existing ps_category_product records. I have no issue seeing, adding, changing, or deleting other PrestaShop SQL records via my FileMaker/ODBC interface.

I don't want to make any changes to the "standard" PrestaShop SQL definitions such as redefining the category_product_index.. I am doing all of my interface work from the FileMaker/ODBC/FTP world and do not want to make any PrestaShop code changes if at all possible.

Is this potentially a serious interface issue for others who might be relying on ODBC for an interface into PrestaShop? I don't know but it looks problematic for sure from an open standard interface issue.

Any comments, suggestions, recommendations ???

Many thanks,

Joe

• 7 months later...