How to implement template with 1-col and 2-column layout?

rassy

Hi guys,

in my template I have a standard 2 column layout. BUT I would like to have the "product.php / product.tpl"-page use a full one-column only.

How would you guys approch the implementation? I currently have no clue how to do this. ????

Where do I register the hook for the product.tpl? It seems to be registered on the centerColumn, BUT i would like to have the product.php be shown in my custom "FULL-TOP-ONE-COLUMN" HOOK.

Any ideas?

I would be really thankful for a hint

Rassy

You heve to put some if/else statements to header/footer.tpl files to switch columns on/off for certain pages and do some styling in global.css as well.

for example, this code placed in the bottom of the header.tpl displays left column on all pages except index and cms.

<div id="columns">
               <!-- Left -->
           {if $page_name != 'index' && $page_name != 'cms'}

<div id="left_column" class="column">
                   {$HOOK_LEFT_COLUMN}
               </div>
           {/if}
               <!-- Center -->
               <div id="center_column">
   {/if}

Hi SonnyBoy,

yeah thats definetly a first solution.

BUT my problem is that I got other modules which are at the standard centerHook and rightColumn that I want to keep being displayed. I would like to have the "product.tpl" be displayed RIGHT ABOVE THE "centerColum" and "rightColumn" HOOKS. (I am using the 2 column layout).

My goal:

1) "Header.tpl" contains an extra hook "HOOK_FULL_1-COLUMN" right ABOVE the standard "centerColumn" and "rightColum".

2) I would like the product.tpl to be displayed in my custom hook "HOOK_FULL_1-COLUMN".

How do I tell the ProductController to display at this hook?

Any ideas?

Thank you so much for your tipps

Rassy