No Home Category

Wilmo

Hello all.

I am new to Prestashop and have been playing around with it for a few days now. I am working on a website which the person previous to me updated.

I am now trying to add some products to the "Recommended Products" on my front page.

However, when I try to look for the category "Home", to check it, in the Catalog (I am using v1.3 in German) it is not there. Can you help me?

When my predecessor uploaded the csv file with the categories they did not include a "Home" category at level 0. Is this what is missing?

Thanks in advance.

Wilmo.

Just to clarify what I mean, attached is a screenshot. I am running version 1.3.2.3 and the layout seems to be different to that of what I have seen on other explanations of how to get your "Featured Products" to the front page.

Thanks.

Wilmo

post-285032-0-80174400-1315476897_thumb.jpg

In the Back Office, on the "import" tab of the "tools" tab, my predecessor has selected, from the drop down menu, the location of the import as "Pharma categories" instead of "categories". This seems to work fine for creating the categories, but on all other tutorials they are selecting "categories" where the .csv file headings include "ID", which should start at 2 as Home is 1. On the "Pharma Categories" it requires the first heading as "Level" and we have put our main categories as Level 1.

I'm just trying to give you as much information as I can.

Wilmo

Mike,

My website developer has advised me against updating as we are supposedly using a "highly customised" version of the version we are using.

Is there any way I can choose what products to put into my Featured Products section by manipulating the database using an FTP client? Or maybe editing the home category using the FTP client?

Thanks.

Wilmo