Derek

Moneris Payment Gateway - Request

Has anyone created a payment gateway/module for Moneris?

We have a client who has a Moneris account and would rather use that than PayPal.

Has anyone created a payment gateway/module for Moneris?

We have a client who has a Moneris account and would rather use that than PayPal.

I cannot vouch for the code quality (have not used it) but a quick Google search came up with this:

http://www.collinsharper.com/prestashop-moneris-e-select-plus-credit-card-payment-module.html

Presumably there are others out there as well.

The Prestashop code is reasonably clean internally so it should not be that hard to use the PayPal API module as a starting point for a Moneris E-Select module. If you are going with the Hosted PayPage option then the regular PayPal module would be the starting point.

Cheers

Following up on my own post. . .the above module is dead and no longer offered.

Since that was the case, I have written my own Moneris' Hosted PayPage module which works with Prestashop 1.2.5. As of today it has not been tested with the live gateway but it does work with the test server (waiting for an application to be approved).

My plan is to post it as a free module at some point in the future when I have the time to write up documentation for it. If you are in desperate need RIGHT NOW for this payment module and are either willing to sort out setting it up yourself or pay me for support to do it for you, drop me a note.

This is strictly for the HPP option and not the full API.

Cheers

hi i really need a module for moneris with prestashop 1.3

anyone this is urgent

im willing to pay

thank you

Just a heads up that the free Moneris HPP module I wrote is available here:

http://codegrunt.com/blog/monerishpp-payment-module-prestashop/16

I also see that a new Prestashop crew authored paid Moneris module has appeared on the Prestastore site:

http://www.prestastore.com/payment-modules-prestashop/1273-moneris.html

They are extremely vague about what their module supports though so it is hard to tell how it compares the free one I wrote.

Cheers

Just a heads up that the free Moneris HPP module I wrote is available here:

http://codegrunt.com/blog/monerishpp-payment-module-prestashop/16

I also see that a new Prestashop crew authored paid Moneris module has appeared on the Prestastore site:

http://www.prestastore.com/payment-modules-prestashop/1273-moneris.html

They are extremely vague about what their module supports though so it is hard to tell how it compares the free one I wrote.

Cheers

Hi codegrunt
I am so glad that I found your post on the forum! I downloaded and checked your free payment hpp moneris module codes for Canada and the coding looks totally different than the one we purchased on November 4th 2010 from the "addons".
PS guarantees the module to work but it has not been working on our shop. I have been going back and forth with prestashop team and requested them to resolve an issue as basically since we bought the module, the orders are not being registered in the back end of prestashop nor the clients account. The clients do not get an order confirmation and we do not know what the clients are purchasing! So it is a major glitch as you can imagine. The payments are being received with Moneris okay. I had Moneris looking into the prestashop moneris module codes in January and Moneris said all the POST responses were missing in the coding of their module; So I have mentioned this piece of information back to Prestashop but I was told that "they were not sure that some codes were missing in the module and they are still searching for the solution to fix the glitch". Meanwhile, our store is still not functional and we're loosing sales opportunities..while waiting. So, I thought to check on the forum and see if anyone else had experienced anything similar w/Moneris module and found your post. Eureka! Since I am now able to compare your moneris module coding with the 'addons' one; Yours has 420 more PHP coding lines!! Your module does include the POST script codes, transaction key etc. See PM for more info. I am hoping Prestashop will fix their moneris module soon on my shop since I am w/ prestabox I cannot fix it myself. Thanks again & will keep in touch!

Hey admin_Jo. You should be able to install the module I wrote without disturbing the one you bought as long as the paid one is not also called "monerishpp".

My expectation is that the Prestashop crew are not aware that Moneris has a different set of variables in Canada versus the US so you need to code unique to each country (it is silly that Moneris did that but that's Moneris for you).

So if the paid module is not working and you are using Prestashop 1.3.* (I have not tried it with 1.4) you should just give the module I wrote a whirl.

Cheers

codegrunt firstly many thanks for this module, I am considering Moneris for our payment gateway.

I have a couple of questions, if it's okay.

I was setting up the module in our test shop at the moment, following the instructions, step 14 says "Check "Enable Transaction Verification" and "Displayed as XML on our server". I can check the Enable Transaction Verification box, but within the HPP demo page there is no option to check Displayed as XML on our server. Instead there is a field for me to put in a Response URL. So I am a little confused as to what to do here.

I also presume I leave the configure e-mail receipts alone.

Once I have set it all up ... how do I put through a test transaction? Do I just create a sale?

Many thanks.

Are you sure that you are:

a) using the Canadian Moneris site
B) using a version 3 configuration

I just logged into the test server and it definitely has the XML option available (see attached screenshot).

To test just complete a transaction with a test CC number (4111 1111 1111 1111 works).

note: I just updated the attachment to the correct page

Cheers

47810_26Tzif6eCiOPVKB18kde_t

It is the Candian system that I am wanting to use, so that's great. It was version 2 that I was using, though. Will give it another go with version 3.

Many thanks for your prompt response.

Cheers.

If anyone is still looking for a Moneris module for Prestashop that users can enter their info directly on your page instead of being redirected to a hosted PayPage:

I have made one, using an all new API provided by Moneris, available on my website here http://zackhussain.ca/

Please email me if you have any questions.

Edited by Zack Media (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Dear codegrunt,

Thank you very much for your efforts and the free module. I'm struggling to make it work on PS 1.5.5.0

Can you please, give me hints on what to change on the code.

I really really need this module. It might be my lifesaver.

Thank you again,

Bests

Looking good zackh.

Feel free to start a thread in the Canadian forum for each of you Canadian Prestashop Modules. 

• Like 1