Not signed out after logging off.

ObsessionO

I installed presta shop to test it out. Very neat application. I closed my browser windows and then shut down my computer. I turned on my computer several hours later and then went to my admin panel. It let me right into the admin panel and did not ask for my logon.

I am wondering if it's something on my end that I did or if it's something with the appliciation?

I assume that if you are away from the admin panel for a lenght of time it should log you out?

I just wanted some feedback.

Thanks.

Normal behaviour? Is it secure?

I use wordpress and other applications for example and if you are away from the admin panel or site for a lenght of time it logs you out automatically. Eg. If I leave most forums and turn off my computer, I get logged out and have to sign back in.

This means that if I turn off my computer or am at a cyber cafe and check my account, after I log off the computer, or if I forget, the next user could find the browser address and get into my admin panel?

I guess I just have to remember to always manually log out, but sometimes you forget these things.

Thank you for responding to my inquiry.

I can learn to change my habits to be sure, but since as a community I assume you are all working towards making Prestashop the best, and most effective product on the market, I would assume it is in everyone's best interest to have the server working in a safe and secure manner.

I am sure we would all agree that as a free product Prestashop is practically unmatched, however if it can be improved it should be the job of every community member to submit credible feedback, to secure that end, is it not?

Therefore I submit, that even though Prestashop is wonderful, and I am sure I can learn to logout, if there was an automatic function that performed this, it would be even better for the community nes pa?

Merci.

Ah that is an excellent idea. I will send off an email, but I know how hard the PS team is working and I would not wish to add more to their plate than needed. I think I should wait until after version 1.2, then maybe slip in the request then.

Merci pour vos réactions.